Favorite Restaurant at Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Epcot: La Cantina de San Angel, Biergarten, Monsieur Paul (if open)
DAK: Tiffins, Yak & Yetti
DHS: Brown Derby, Sci-Fi Dine-in (food is average, experience is fun)

But don't forget all the great places at the resorts like Topolino's Terrace, Sanaa, Narcoossee's. And when they open back up there are places like Jiko, Flying Fish, Victoria and Albert's, and Yachtsman Steakhouse to name a few...

aliceismad

But don't forget all the great places at the resorts like Topolino's Terrace, Sanaa, Narcoossee's. And when they open back up there are places like Jiko, Flying Fish, Victoria and Albert's, and Yachtsman Steakhouse to name a few...
This is true. Not what the OP asked, but all of the best meals I've had at Disney were at one of the hotels or Disney Springs.

MickeyLuv'r

My girlfriends and I are going to Disney, first week in June and would love to get some suggestions on where to eat? We are all in our 50's and love a good meal with maybe a little bit of entertainment ?
IMO, most of WDW's best dining options are located at the resorts and/or DS, but a.) dining is HIGHLY subjective, and B.) it REALLY depends what you want in a meal (which kinda goes back to A.) and what you mean by entertainment. (see last paragraph) Beyond that, some of the the area's best dining is located off-WDW property. WDW dining options are very overpriced, IMO, but going offsite takes (too much) time and requires a car. Third, right now WDW dining is very limited, so when more options re-open- answers will be quite different than they are now.

IMO, WDW dining isn't nearly as good as you can find in almost any significant US city, and the menus tend to be VERY bland. Don't expect to find anything spicy, or anything remotely adventurous. Take Sanaa, it is sorta like Indian food, but extremely bland compared to Indian food I have had anywhere else. On the other hand, many WDW TS menus offer a basic steak + potato, or a basic burger. If someone in your group is a very non-adventurous eater, you can find something to eat. Alcohol tends to be pricey. You will also find mounds of sugar/carbs, fried, but not much produce beyond basic salads. WDW's produce tends to be over-salted and garnish-sized portions.

In the mornings, I usually want a QUICK meal- so I can get to the parks. For lunch, we also tend towards quick options. Dinner is when we tend to do TS meals.

HS- I've never found any of the TS or QS in HS to be particularly good. On top of that, especially with limited rides currently open, HS days would absolutely= resort dining for us.

AK - Yak and Yeti quick serve

MK - Nothing super awesome. If we are near Pirates when we get hungry- we tend to eat at Pecos Bill's. If we are more towards Tomorrowland, we tend to eat at Cosmic Ray's. In between, CHH is okay for seafood (but not currently open) or Pinnochio's. Most QS have somewhat limited menus though, so like Pecos Bill's has burgers and fajitas. If you don't happen to like those few menu options, then you won't like that location.

Epcot - Decent TS in the World Showcase. If you are goiing during an epcot Festival, then sampling from food stands is a good way to go. France is good for both QS and TS, but area will be JAM PACKED once new ride opens. Germany QS Sommerfest has a very limited menu, but the bratwurst and pretzel are tasty. Mexico options are just so-so. Italy TS are all okay. Japan QS is decent (though again, limited menu). Compared to Japanese dining in any major city, the Epcot Japan TS menus are very limited, but for WDW, the food is decent. If you consider hibachi to be entertainment, then Teppan Edo is a fun option. Most Future World options are not very good.

A few of WDW's top options: TS at Poly and Grand Floridian. though the signature dining options tend to be very overpriced. Among top signature options is Cali Grill. service there has been mixed, but the view is very nice. Rest of options at Contemporary aren't very good. Sanaa and Boma (if open) at Animal Kingdom Lodge are both good. Liked the sushi place at the Swan. Among top options in DS is actually Blaze Pizza. it is a QS, but you get unlimited toppings on a generous personal-sized pizza for $10.50. By far, the best WDW pizza! It is a chain though, so maybe you already have a Blaze. Amorette's has some tasty pastry. Erin McKenna's is $$$, but for anyone who is gluten-free desserts are great. Other decent options are: BB Wolfe's (QS), Earl of Sandwich (QS), Ghirardelli, House of Blues, Jaleo (tasting portions), Edison, Polite Pig, Wolfgang Puck-QS, Poutine(QS).

Most WDW moderate and value resorts have food courts similar to most mall food courts. The biggest hotels have to most variety. POR used to have live music, but not now.

The WDW club level service is not currently being offered, but if it reopens, it would be an excellent option for your trip. Also, if you are looking to have cocktails, consider Universal's hotels and Citywalk. Universal has tons of fun places to get cocktails. That is the main theme of the Hard Rock! But all the Universal hotels have fun places to get cocktails/food. Universal is more geared towards that general vibe than WDW. Among top places for music+ food at WDW is House of Blues and Biergarten. In the before times, Poly's Trader Sam's isn't live music, but fun place for drinks. Boardwalk also had some options. In DS, T-Rex and Rainforest are heavily themed, but food isn't all that great. Coronado's Gran Destino has several visually appealing places to get cocktails, but I don't recall live entertainment. Kimono's used to karaoke, but I suspect they don't offer it now- and was only certain hours. Sushi there was okay.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Looking over most posts here, many people listed places they like to eat, but not places that have live entertainment, other than theming.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
... and the menus tend to be VERY bland. Don't expect to find anything spicy, or anything remotely adventurous. Take Sanaa, it is sorta like Indian food, but extremely bland compared to Indian food I have had anywhere else. .
You can ask for spicier items though. For instance, they have a ghost pepper sauce for the bread service that they do not offer on the menu. If you ask, they will give you a sample. And it's very spicy. 🔥

I did the same at Yak & Yeti and asked for a spicier Tikka Masala, and it was very good.

So, sometime they can accommodate some of us who like it more on the "burn your face off" side. ;)

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Looking over most posts here, many people listed places they like to eat, but not places that have live entertainment, other than theming.
A lot of the entertainment dinner's are not running unfortunately. No Luau or Hoop-dee-doo, most character experiences, if there are even running, are far from what they were at this point, the interaction is not back yet. Even Germany's dining is not what it used to be.

Hopefully soon. But checking the website, they still only show 4 places doing characters (Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Hollywood & Vine, and Four Seasons).

I may have forgotten some though, so we should list them to help the OP find one. :)

MickeyLuv'r

A lot of the entertainment dinner's are not running unfortunately. No Luau or Hoop-dee-doo, most character experiences, if there are even running, are far from what they were at this point, the interaction is not back yet. Even Germany's dining is not what it used to be.

Hopefully soon. But checking the website, they still only show 4 places doing characters (Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Hollywood & Vine, and Four Seasons).

I may have forgotten some though, so we should list them to help the OP find one. :)
And even when they return, the show at Hoop was fun, but the food was quite mediocre, IMO. I'd say the same for Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, and H&V. About the only character meal where we liked both the food and characters was 1900 Park Fare.

But all of the above is more reason to consider Universal. Margaritaville for one, would be a great option. I'm not sure what live music Hard Rock has right now, but even without live music, the whole hotel has music and a fun vibe. When Sapphire Falls re-opens (May) - it has a fun vibe. i dont recall live performers at Strong Water Tavern, but the outdoor seating and featured rum drinks+ tapas = a fun place. Aventura (reopens early July) also has a fun rooftop lounge/eatery. Again, I don't recall live performers, but the location itself is fun.

My girlfriends and I are going to Disney, first week in June and would love to get some suggestions on where to eat? We are all in our 50's and love a good meal with maybe a little bit of entertainment ?
Epcot: We love Oktoberfest for the show and atmosphere.

Animal Kingdom: We love Tusker House. Food has an Indian Flair, and had characters at one point. (Better Atmosphere? Go to Rainforest Cafe, but food is mass produced).

Hollywood Studios: We like Sci Fi dine in theater. Food is just okay, but the atmosphere cannot be beat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom