Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

The park was closing & it was super crowded on Main Street.
IMG_8455.JPEG

Blurry Christmas tree pic.
IMG_8458.JPEG

Some friends waving goodbye!!
IMG_8459.JPEG

It sure is pretty with all the lights on!!
IMG_8462.JPEG

It's always so sad leaving for the last time.
IMG_8463.JPEG

My favorite MK sight!!
IMG_8464.JPEG

IMG_8466.JPEG

In no time at all a bus pulled in.
IMG_8468.JPEG

IMG_8470.JPEG

At 6:40 we were back at the treehouse. Why I took this picture is totally beyond me🤔 We still had one pizza left so J wanted to have yet another pizza party!! I managed to fall asleep for it though!!
IMG_8471.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD

I got up early the next morning & started packing up. While doing that I watched this boat go by on the Sassagoula. I wonder how far down they are allowed to go. Maybe to Riverside??
IMG_8472.JPEG

I went for a short walk around the treehouses.
IMG_8473.JPEG

E & JSR wanted to go to DS. J & I waited for bell services to come get our luggage. He was quite surprised when I pulled out jelly beans!!
IMG_8474.JPEG

Getting to the end of them!!
IMG_8475.JPEG

We enjoyed them on the deck while we waited for bell services to get there.
IMG_8476.JPEG

Bell services was there in no time at all. We still had lots of unopened food & beverages(including alcohol). I asked the CM if he was allowed to take it & he was thrilled!! I was so glad to see that it wouldn't go to waste. He told me that he could take everything but frozen items b/c they had nowhere to store that. He also said that this would make his fellow CM's day!!
IMG_8477.JPEG

We got off at the main building. J & I headed towards DS.
IMG_8478.JPEG

IMG_8479.JPEG

It was a beautiful day for a walk run!!
IMG_8480.JPEG

I never noticed these Mickeys in the ground before!!
IMG_8481.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD

It was early & DS was pretty empty.
IMG_8482.JPEG

J wanted to go to The Lego Store(of course) but we were informed that they weren't opening until 12 that day so their employees could vote since it was Election Day.
IMG_8483.JPEG

We met up in World of Disney.
IMG_8484.JPEG

And like that it was time to leave to head back to Saratoga Springs.

The main pool which we have yet to try.
IMG_8485.JPEG

We went in to get some drinks while we waited.
IMG_8486.JPEG

I can't wait until this place opens back up. E really wants to try it.
IMG_8487.JPEG

We got our luggage & waited for the TE.
IMG_8488.JPEG

It was such a beautiful day & it makes it that much harder to leave!!
IMG_8489.JPEG

IMG_8490.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD

I was trying not to be a creeper but was also trying to slyly get a pic of @Darstarr's friend Mark from WI!!
IMG_8491.JPEG

Darn it--it showed up!!
IMG_8492.JPEG

Ok, now I'm a real creeper. I took it from the bus!!
IMG_8493.JPEG

See ya Saratoga Springs!!😭
IMG_8495.JPEG

This was going on at the airport.
IMG_8498.JPEG

I was/am lost. Can someone please explain??
IMG_8499.JPEG

Look what flew out & scared the crap out of me. Trust me when I say that I screamed!!
IMG_8501.JPEG

J was back to doing his thing!!
IMG_8503.JPEG

IMG_8504.JPEG

As was I!!
IMG_8507.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD

It was an uneventful flight back. We landed at 4:15. There was next to nothing open in the airport & next to no people in it either!!
IMG_8508.JPEG

I heard on the news this morning that starting today Pittsburgh is resuming international travel so maybe the airport will have a bit more life to it!!
IMG_8509.JPEG

J is always a big helper with the luggage!!
IMG_8510.JPEG

And that brings this TR to a close. Thanks to all who hung in there with me. This one really seemed to take me forever. Partially my fault but there were many days where I would go to post something & the site was acting goofy so I would get frustrated & walk away. But, I'm happy to have finally finished it. I normally like to keep these things flowing & I definitely didn't do that with this one. But, thank you friends for following along!! We went for a short trip in January & I'm hoping to be able to start that one soon!!

But before I wrap this up let me leave you with the definite highlights of this TR!!

@lindawdw
IMG_7714.JPEG

@sheriffwoody
IMG_7881.JPG

@Sulley_1313
IMG_7960.JPEG

@Tuvalu
IMG_8258.JPG

@MickeyCB, @MegRuss626 & Ryleigh!!
IMG_0078.jpeg

You've all got a friend in me!!😘

donaldtoo

It sure is a bummer!!
That's neat(not that you had lost your job). I would love to be a CM someday!!
The Disney Store that was closest to me(it's been closed for quite a few years now) didn't look like the one in your pics. That's neat to see!!

I had never worked retail before in my life. Except for my first job 2-ish year stint at a local go-kart track in HS, and at a local oil change place, for about 3.5 months, during the mid-80’s recession down here, I had only ever worked in architecture. Plus, I was definitely an older CM when I was hired, at age 46. I already knew where all the HM’s were in the theming of that Store, and was surprised that some fellow CM’s didn’t even know there was such a thing...!!!!! :cyclops::hilarious:
It was definitely a learning experience, in regards to not only myself, but, about people in general.
And, it definitely wasn’t all “Magical”, but, I absolutely have very many great memories from bein’ a CM there...I always say I should write a book about those 4+ years...!!! :);)
The theming of the Store was definitely a pleasure to work in, and makin’ Magic for Guests of all ages was a lot of fun...!!!!! :happy:

Songbird76

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

The only bright side was that we were seated early. Our reservation was for 5:15.
View attachment 540881

Every time this piano started playing we would get more annoyed. It also didn't help that there was a large party at the table next to us. That room is loud to begin with, then throw in the piano, then the loud group. The worst though was one of the women in that party. All she did was cough. The. Whole. Time. And you could hear that above everything else. She should have excused herself & went to get some fresh air, or Halls, or something. It was super annoying.
View attachment 540882

Then there was our waitress. I will be nice & say that she was a bit off. She would just drop off things & run.
View attachment 540883

At one point she asked if I wanted another glass of wine. I said yes but I never got it!!
View attachment 540884

At least the food was good though!!
View attachment 540885

@Tuvalu had inquired about the dessert. So, I sent her a picture of it. Sorry--I'm still not a fan of it!!
View attachment 540886

View attachment 540887

Annoying family was also taking turns charging their phones at the outlet that was close to our table.
View attachment 540888

After dinner we made our way out. The food was good but that was about it. We weren't happy with our experience for many different reasons. E said as long as they are using The Diamond Horseshoe for overflow there will be no Liberty Tree reservations for us!! I have to agree!!

I thought this picture turned out pretty good!!
View attachment 540889
Ugh, I'm sorry your experience was so bad! That woman shouldn't have even been there if she was coughing! Isn't there a list of symptoms that if you have them, you are not allowed in public places? Maybe that's why your waitress was running away so fast....she heard the woman coughing and was afraid to catch whatever the woman had!

We had a similar problem in Tony's in 2016...we won't eat there again for a while. We were shoved back into a corner at the back of the restaurant and there was an outlet on the wall against which our table sat. So there were people contantly asking us if they could please get back there to plug their phones in or unplug them. And because it was tucked way back in a corner, our server kind of ignored us. We had to wait forever for everything, and our view was of the busing station, so all the dirty plates being brought to the back and scraped was what we saw through the whole meal. It was terrible, and even the food wasn't good. There really was no redeeming quality to that meal, so we didn't go back there in 2019, even though Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney meal. There's not even that much theming there, so that's not a draw for us. There are much better places with better food, better theming, and better service.

Songbird76

I wonder how much international travel will affect the airport right now....we're still not allowed to go anywhere unless it's necessary. The entire world is at least a "no unnecessary travel" destination and some places are just "do not travel" destinations. They can open airports, but other than business travel, I can't imagine there will be much. I don't know to what extent they are checking reasons for travel. Technically I'm allowed into the US because I have family there, BUT I don't know if they'd be checking for things like if it was just a vacation or if there was a funeral or a wedding or something and what they consider necessary.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Great report!! So different seeing you report something other than Riverside, but it was very enjoyable! DH stayed at the treehouses when he was a kid, so it's nice to see the inside of them. Love that you got to meetup with so many Magic friends!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So sad it's over but loved being able to follow along! Looking forward to your next one (cuz I just know there will be a next one)!
Thank you for following!! There will be a next one soon--my problem is I can't come up with a title though!!:banghead:
beauty and the beast disney GIF

Great report as always, @riverside :happy: !
Thank you, my friend!!🥰
We had a great meal and fantastic service one trip at the Turf Club; it was our last trip that we had a car so we haven’t been back since, though I would like to. As usual, I have loved reading your report and can’t wait for the next one 💕
Hopefully they'll open soon so we can try it!! That's been the plus about Riverside being closed. Staying at different resorts has given us the opportunity to easily try restaurants that we probably wouldn't have otherwise. Esp b/c of travel logistics getting there & back!!
Thank you so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
I had never worked retail before in my life. Except for my first job 2-ish year stint at a local go-kart track in HS, and at a local oil change place, for about 3.5 months, during the mid-80’s recession down here, I had only ever worked in architecture. Plus, I was definitely an older CM when I was hired, at age 46. I already knew where all the HM’s were in the theming of that Store, and was surprised that some fellow CM’s didn’t even know there was such a thing...!!!!! :cyclops::hilarious:
It was definitely a learning experience, in regards to not only myself, but, about people in general.
And, it definitely wasn’t all “Magical”, but, I absolutely have very many great memories from bein’ a CM there...I always say I should write a book about those 4+ years...!!! :);)
The theming of the Store was definitely a pleasure to work in, and makin’ Magic for Guests of all ages was a lot of fun...!!!!! :happy:
Wow--reading this made a light bulb go off in my head. I'm 46 & retail is all I've ever done!! It can age a person--just sayin'!!
It is a learning experience that's for sure. I've definitely grown & matured over the years. For sure I don't handle things the same way I would have 20 years ago(it's for the better, trust me!!)
I always say that I could write a book myself about some of the things I've seen over the years!! But, the only people who would probably appreciate it are those that work in retail. They would, let's just say,....get it!!
I'm sure it was a lot of fun. I like my job, don't get me wrong, but let's get right down to it--the only magic I make for people is making sure the beans are on the shelf!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
So glad we got to see you on this trip!
Right back at ya!! I was thrilled & hope that it happens again!!
Absolutely love your trip reports and can't wait to hear about your Jan. adventures!
Thank you, thank you my friend!! Hopefully I can get that one done before the next one!!🤞
Ugh, I'm sorry your experience was so bad! That woman shouldn't have even been there if she was coughing! Isn't there a list of symptoms that if you have them, you are not allowed in public places? Maybe that's why your waitress was running away so fast....she heard the woman coughing and was afraid to catch whatever the woman had!

We had a similar problem in Tony's in 2016...we won't eat there again for a while. We were shoved back into a corner at the back of the restaurant and there was an outlet on the wall against which our table sat. So there were people contantly asking us if they could please get back there to plug their phones in or unplug them. And because it was tucked way back in a corner, our server kind of ignored us. We had to wait forever for everything, and our view was of the busing station, so all the dirty plates being brought to the back and scraped was what we saw through the whole meal. It was terrible, and even the food wasn't good. There really was no redeeming quality to that meal, so we didn't go back there in 2019, even though Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney meal. There's not even that much theming there, so that's not a draw for us. There are much better places with better food, better theming, and better service.
It wasn't pleasant--that's for sure!! That's a good point about the waitress--I didn't think of that at the time!! In our current times if I cough in public I feel shamed!! It's like everyone is looking at you thinking, "Oh gosh, what does she have?" She really should have stepped outside or something!!

I could see how that would irritate you. The whole experience. I know it's not a favorite of a lot of people & I agree the food isn't all that but I've always found it to be good though. Not excellent, but good. We actually tend to eat there more often than not now that I think about it. And I agree the theming has something to be desired of.
I wonder how much international travel will affect the airport right now....we're still not allowed to go anywhere unless it's necessary. The entire world is at least a "no unnecessary travel" destination and some places are just "do not travel" destinations. They can open airports, but other than business travel, I can't imagine there will be much. I don't know to what extent they are checking reasons for travel. Technically I'm allowed into the US because I have family there, BUT I don't know if they'd be checking for things like if it was just a vacation or if there was a funeral or a wedding or something and what they consider necessary.
I'm not sure myself. I just caught that little bit out on the news & thought it was interesting. There probably won't be much travel though.
season 19 nbc GIF

😂
Can not wait to read about January!!!
You go girl!! One of my favorites!!
Great report!! So different seeing you report something other than Riverside, but it was very enjoyable! DH stayed at the treehouses when he was a kid, so it's nice to see the inside of them. Love that you got to meetup with so many Magic friends!
Thank you very much!! It is quite different, for sure!! But the bright side is that it has forced us to try new things that we otherwise probably wouldn't have!!
I really enjoyed the treehouse & how much space it has. We are staying there again in July but we are going to be a party of 9 so something tells me it won't be big enough then!!
They all were so much fun!! I'm so grateful that they all happened!!

lindawdw

I will once again say just how much I truly enjoy reading your TR's Patti!!! It was the highlight of my trip in October to get the chance to meet you finally and really look forward to making a future meet up happen again only for a longer period of time!!! It sounds like your last two days were fun and it always is so difficult to leave WDW when the weather is that beautiful. Can't wait for your next TR to start. ♥️

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I will once again say just how much I truly enjoy reading your TR's Patti!!! It was the highlight of my trip in October to get the chance to meet you finally and really look forward to making a future meet up happen again only for a longer period of time!!! It sounds like your last two days were fun and it always is so difficult to leave WDW when the weather is that beautiful. Can't wait for your next TR to start. ♥️
Thank you very much!! I'm so happy we got to meet & yes, next time will be for a longer period of time!! It is hard esp. when it's lousy weather where I live!!
I just started it but unfortunately I have to go to work now so I have to stop. I knew I wouldn't be able to get much in but by starting it I hoped I would have the motivation to hopefully keep this one going!! 🤞

lindawdw

Thank you very much!! I'm so happy we got to meet & yes, next time will be for a longer period of time!! It is hard esp. when it's lousy weather where I live!!
I just started it but unfortunately I have to go to work now so I have to stop. I knew I wouldn't be able to get much in but by starting it I hoped I would have the motivation to hopefully keep this one going!! 🤞
Yay! I'm going to start reading it now. :)

Captain Barbossa

I completely understand your frustration with the seating at Sleepy Hollow. It’s always a bear trying to find a table! 😡 I always go there with the mindset that I’m not going to find somewhere to sit, and I’m correct 9/10 lol.

But anyways, I enjoyed your TR as always! And I think that I can speak for everyone whenever I say that J’s antics never fail to entertain! Looking forward to your next TR, which I noticed you just started. Heading there now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom