News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

Indy_UK

I’m probably going to get shot down for this but...

Is this new new inclusion key 🔑 one that has been added by Bob Chapek?

I get the impression that while he is awful when it comes to budgets and saving money but he also comes across as quite a compassionate and inclusive person?

I am all about them also relaxing rules further but there also needs to be a good standard at the same time. The rules were pretty strict back in 2010 when I did my UK 🇬🇧 international program

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
How is looking professional at work outdated? You're 20ish, right? I'll give you a bit of life advice, looking professional at work is never outdated.
I didn't say looking professional at work is outdated. I said that some of the strict rules are outdated. No other company, that I'm aware of, is as strict on appearance as Disney is. I'd argue that Universal does a much better job at keeping up with this sort of thing (and their workers are happier as a result).
I always notice in passing when someone looks sloppy at work.
You live an exciting life.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
New bus driver. The EPCOT resort loop I believe.

1616085376463.png

Last edited:

gitchard

When you are working for a business, you are representing that business and not yourself. The business decides how they want to be represented, so they should have the final say.

Also, we are talking about international travelers from around the world. What may not be offensive to one nationality could be offensive to another. This needs to also be taken into account on CM appearance.

zweltar

Just got the inside scoop from Bob...

Disney will now be REQUIRING all CMs to have face tattoos, full sleeves, and massive gauge piercings. Furthermore, natural hair colors are frowned upon. The current gender-dependent uniforms will be replaced by fishnet unitards. Pay scale will be partially based upon the variety and brightness of colors one has in their hair.

MrHorse

How is looking professional at work outdated? You're 20ish, right? I'll give you a bit of life advice, looking professional at work is never outdated.

Kids, here's another life tip ~ every piercing, tattoo and funky haircut/haircolor you decide to get affects your future job options.
Everyone told me that when I was growing up.
"How are you gonna be able to get a job with that ink?"
"You can't have facial piercings at a REAL job."
"No one is gonna hire someone with giant holes in their ears."

I thought they were all full of it.
All I had to do was be good at what I did and it would all work out.
Who wouldn't want to just hire the best person they could find?
At the end of the day, it's all about skills...
Right?!?!

Then I went out to actually get a job...

I put in some resumes, did some interviews. And it turned out... I was right. I'm happier and I make more money than any of them ever did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom