News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

dreday3

I personally don’t want to see cast members with tattoos all over their arms and legs or piercings for that matter. Disney isn’t hot topic or a place for staff to express themselves.

Hot topic?

I can't believe people still think tattoos aren't common at this point. Again, how is the cast member's nose piercing at Thunder Mountain going to affect your enjoyment of the ride?

Or the girl who uses beads in her hair? Or has a hot pink braid interwoven in her hair?

Cruzin_PA

I firmly believe that how you dress for work reflects how you act and present yourself at work.

I work for a company that has a rather relaxed dress code, and office personnel are not that professional in the work place. However, my previous company had a stricter dress code, and dressing in a professional manner seemed to affect how you present yourself to others.

Its a fine line, but the hair styles and ear piercings could be relaxed a bit. No wild hair colors, no nose, eyebrow or lip piercings. Tattoos should be covered as they do present a certain image to the customer.

HarperRose

Hot topic?

I can't believe people still think tattoos aren't common at this point. Again, how is the cast member's nose piercing at Thunder Mountain going to affect your enjoyment of the ride?

Or the girl who uses beads in her hair? Or has a hot pink braid interwoven in her hair?
Disney has a right to set whatever standards for a 'look' they want.

Kids, here's another life tip ~ every piercing, tattoo and funky haircut/haircolor you decide to get affects your future job options.

peter11435

I'll just bow out of this discussion now if we are really still saying, in 2021, that tattoos present a "certain image".
There’s nothing wrong with tattoos in general. But surely you can understand why some tattoos would not be acceptable at a place like WDW and why tattoos in general would not be appropriate in some roles. Easier to say no to any visible tattoo than individually police.

dreday3

There’s nothing wrong with tattoos in general. But surely you can understand why some tattoos would not be acceptable at a place like WDW and why tattoos in general would not be appropriate in some roles. Easier to say no to any visible tattoo than individually police.

Honestly, I can only see it being an issue for performers/face characters.

CMs working in stores, attractions, food service? I don't care if they have a tattoo (can we please not even pretend I'm talking about face), wouldn't even notice. Food service employees can take out their piercing. CMs at hotels? Wear long sleeves.

Cruzin_PA

I'll just bow out of this discussion now if we are really still saying, in 2021, that tattoos present a "certain image".
I am not against tattoos, don't take it that way. But to the general public, a visible tattoo at a professional luxury brand such as Disney can be taken the wrong way.

I suppose there could be an issue on Disney's end if say they hire a Polynesian employee where body tattoos are part of the culture, how would they handle that? (Especially since one of there more famous characters is covered in tattoos and part of the new Poly rooms)

dreday3

Did a lot of maids and butlers in the 1800’s have nose piercings?

I don't know, I wasn't alive. And if I was, I probably wouldn't have had a maid or a butler.

I can't figure out what ride you are even referring to. Haunted Mansion?

And anyways, I'm imagining this is about hairstyle rules that maybe be discriminating against other races.

peter11435

Honestly, I can only see it being an issue for performers/face characters.

CMs working in stores, attractions, food service? I don't care if they have a tattoo (can we please not even pretending I'm talking about face), wouldn't even notice. Food service employees can take out their piercing. CMs at hotels? Wear long sleeves.
Taking out piercings and covering tattoos with sleeves is already an option. You’re allowed to have those things they just can’t be visible while working.

There are quite a few other roles besides performers where tattoos would be out of place.

And the bigger issue that you ignored is what is the tattoo of? What if someone tattoos something inappropriate, an expletive, a symbol with a hidden meaning, a foreign language that may mean something inappropriate for the environment.

dreday3

Taking out piercings and covering tattoos with sleeves is already an option. You’re allowed to have those things they just can’t be visible while working.

There are quite a few other roles besides performers where tattoos would be out of place.

And the bigger issue that you ignored is what is the tattoo of? What if someone tattoos something inappropriate, an expletive, a symbol with a hidden meaning, a foreign language that may mean something inappropriate for the environment.

I'm not ignoring anything. I don't have an issue with tattoos so I don't care if I see one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom