The Spork returns to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios (March 2021)

91JLovesDisney

I can't get over how stupid this is - am I missing something? Is it made of metal or something? It's just a plastic spork... right? With a bag?

Skywise

I can't get over how stupid this is - am I missing something? Is it made of metal or something? It's just a plastic spork... right? With a bag?
Rather than any other restaurant in the world Disney made the sporks out of metal to "save the environment" and asked for people to return the metal sporks for washing and reuse (hygiene reasons as to why people went to plastic utensils completely forgotten until last year). People stole the sporks for collectibles. Disney saw a demand and they charged for it which was a double win on their part as now the metal sporks are not only a profit center but they also save Disney on dishwashing!
I don't chide Disney for that although I find $10 to be on the excessive side and I certainly won't buy one (at least not til there's a left handed one!)

Kamikaze

As someone who attended Batuu West while these were actually being used, another major part of the problem was people throwing them away when they were done with their meals. DLR actually had CMs (off-stage) that were using magnets to go through the trash from DB7 once Disney realized this was happening. Wasn't made clear enough these were supposed to be reusable/returned.

No, I didn't steal one. Yes, I will probably buy one next time I have a chance.

JIMINYCR

Can try holding the spork this way....

730-continental-fork.jpg

Us Left Handers need to be inventive to get through this world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom