Lego Land

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
Hi all! We'll be in WDW in May. My son is a huge lego fanatic so we want to check out Lego Land for a day. I want to know what your thoughts are as far as best way to get to and from our resort (old key west) to lego land? Uber etc, rent a car? How long of a ride is it and is 6-8 hours good enough for a 6 year old to get a reasonable amount of enjoyment out of it? Just looking for any tips and previous experiences. Thanks!!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hi all! We'll be in WDW in May. My son is a huge lego fanatic so we want to check out Lego Land for a day. I want to know what your thoughts are as far as best way to get to and from our resort (old key west) to lego land? Uber etc, rent a car? How long of a ride is it and is 6-8 hours good enough for a 6 year old to get a reasonable amount of enjoyment out of it? Just looking for any tips and previous experiences. Thanks!!

I-4 to 27. 27 to Cypress Gardens Blvd. Cypress Gardens Blvd will take you straight there. It's about an hour each way. Your 6 year old will love it. Yes. 6-8 hours is plenty. Depending on when you go - that's all you may get. Usually open from 10-5 or 10-6 on weekends.

Be sure to walk into the hotel as well.

JoeCamel

I-4 to 27. 27 to Cypress Gardens Blvd. Cypress Gardens Blvd will take you straight there. It's about an hour each way. Your 6 year old will love it. Yes. 6-8 hours is plenty. Depending on when you go - that's all you may get. Usually open from 10-5 or 10-6 on weekends.

I wonder if they will change the street name after 10-15 years?

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster

Hi! Thanks for the input, sorry for the late response, I kind of completely forgot I asked about Lego land on here lol. Sounds great! I'm thinking we'll rent a car at one of the rental locations in WDW just for the day. Do you know how much Lego Ninjago stuff there is to see? My son loves Legos, but specifically Ninjago. Hoping there's plenty for him to enjoy

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hi! Thanks for the input, sorry for the late response, I kind of completely forgot I asked about Lego land on here lol. Sounds great! I'm thinking we'll rent a car at one of the rental locations in WDW just for the day. Do you know how much Lego Ninjago stuff there is to see? My son loves Legos, but specifically Ninjago. Hoping there's plenty for him to enjoy

Ninjago Days starts the weekend of 6/5. Runs Saturdays and Sundays and only for the following two weeks (3 weekends total). A lot of Ninjago things and activities. Outside of that that there is Ninjago land - which is basically a small area that houses the ride and gift shop.

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
Ninjago Days starts the weekend of 6/5. Runs Saturdays and Sundays and only for the following two weeks (3 weekends total). A lot of Ninjago things and activities. Outside of that that there is Ninjago land - which is basically a small area that houses the ride and gift shop.
Oooof, we'll be there the week before and we'll go on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Darn, so seems as though there isn't a ton of ninjago specific stuff on a "normal day". I'll have to do some digging and see if the 6 year old still wants to do it. Thanks again!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
is the water park worth going too? and (when things open up again fully) can you do both in the same day?

Water Park is good. It's only open from 12-5 weekends (12-4 during the week). You can do both. Although you probably wont get to do everything in the park.

To get to the Water Park you have to walk through the main park. If you get there at park open (10am) you can spend 3-4 hours on rides and then hit the water park for 2-3 hours. You should also be able to hit a ride or two as you walk out (if that's something you want to do).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom