Reservation Questions

arich35

Original Poster
I have a few questions.

When making a dining reservation with a 2 year old, should they be included in the number of guests? 3 adults, 1 toddler= 4 guests I assume?

Also how hard is it getting dining reservations for 4 people? I have been looking 60 days in advance to get an idea and April 29th (59 days) there are zero reservations open for 4 people but there are spots for 2 or 3 people.
Right now we will be trying to get reservations to Via Napoli, Rainforest Cafe (Disney Springs), Beaches and Cream, and possibly Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Beaches and Cream was going to be our 2nd to last day (7 total days) and possibly Chef Mickeys the last day to up our chances.

Thoughts?

arich35

Original Poster
Yes, include the toddler.

The reservation tool has been buggy lately. Sometimes you'll see no availability and then do the exact same search and get tons of results. It's been like that for at least a month.
Oh fantastic lol. I have been checking for about a month here and there. I believe we have 7 more days until we can make reservations

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's broken.
Screenshot_20210301-193516_Disney World.jpg
Screenshot_20210301-193521_Disney World.jpg

NelleBelle

Used to be when I'd phone in my ADRs I'd tell them I had 3 adults and 1 infant + 1 toddler (wow, that was ages ago)! They'd be sure I had a highchair for the toddler and a baby seat for the infant.

This year is the first year I've ever used a travel agent so I wouldn't need to deal with the ADRs and getting up before 3/4:00am (west coast). I got just about everything I requested (the ones I didn't did not take reservations).

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Additionally, restaurants now require you to check in online no sooner than 15 minutes prior to your reservation. (You’ll receive a notification reminding you when it’s time.) The screen will ask the number of guests in your party, broken down as adults, children (3-9) and infants (2 and under).

You’ll receive another notification when your table is ready and can approach the podium. If you are dining at a resort, everyone’s temperature will be taken before you are seated.

arich35

Original Poster
Is Beaches & Cream that hard to get reservation for? I am checking 60 days out which is a Tuesday and there are 0 reservations. This is a place we are really wanting and will be booking it for a Wednesday which will be the 6th day of the trip (so 66 days out) and was hoping that would be far enough to secure a dinner spot.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Is Beaches & Cream that hard to get reservation for? I am checking 60 days out which is a Tuesday and there are 0 reservations. This is a place we are really wanting and will be booking it for a Wednesday which will be the 6th day of the trip (so 66 days out) and was hoping that would be far enough to secure a dinner spot.
Yes it can be a difficult reservation to get but you should be able to secure one for the 6th day of your trip.

arich35

Original Poster
From people's experience do reservations open at 5:45 or 6 AM? I have seen both times, I am mainly concerned about Chef Mickey's and Beaches & Cream so any experience would be appreciated

Tuvalu

Premium Member
From people's experience do reservations open at 5:45 or 6 AM? I have seen both times, I am mainly concerned about Chef Mickey's and Beaches & Cream so any experience would be appreciated
The official time for online reservations is 6 am and in my experience (taking several trips per year) access for my entire stay has never opened earlier than 6 am, often a few minutes later. (Don’t panic if that happens as everyone else will be in the same boat.)

carriebeth

How many people in your party? If you have more than 2 reservations seem to not really exist. Was there a month ago and the way the tables are and with distancing there are mostly small party dining available a and not much at that

NelleBelle

How many people in your party? If you have more than 2 reservations seem to not really exist. Was there a month ago and the way the tables are and with distancing there are mostly small party dining available a and not much at that
When this happens, try looking for bookings for a party of 3. My travel agent had luck finding a couple of ADRs by booking my mom and me under a party of 3. We got all our restaurants that we wanted with the exception of one restaurant in Swan and that's because they don't take reservations at all. And we had Beaches n Cream for dinner at our preferred time.

arich35

Original Poster
The official time for online reservations is 6 am and in my experience (taking several trips per year) access for my entire stay has never opened earlier than 6 am, often a few minutes later. (Don’t panic if that happens as everyone else will be in the same boat.)
It opened right at 6 and we were able to get everything we wanted on the days we planned!

NelleBelle

It opened right at 6 and we were able to get everything we wanted on the days we planned!
Thats great! Nothings worse than really wanting a specific place (e.g. Chef Mickeys) and not being able to find a spot for any of the days you're there and stressing about it. Hope your trip is awesome!

arich35

Original Poster
Thats great! Nothings worse than really wanting a specific place (e.g. Chef Mickeys) and not being able to find a spot for any of the days you're there and stressing about it. Hope your trip is awesome!

Even when I made a mistake there were still plenty of spots left, we picked the last day we were there to give us the best chance so I am sure that helped out.
Thank you! We are excited

phillip9698

Are we still able to make dining reservations for the entire trip starting 60 days from the first day of the trip? So if I have a 6 night stay I can actually book restaurants 66 days out?

That would ease some if the concerns I have by looking 60 days out from today and seeing all of the popular places booked up.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are we still able to make dining reservations for the entire trip starting 60 days from the first day of the trip? So if I have a 6 night stay I can actually book restaurants 66 days out?

That would ease some if the concerns I have by looking 60 days out from today and seeing all of the popular places booked up.
Yes you can book for the duration of your stay at 60 days.

crawale

Yes, include the toddler.

The reservation tool has been buggy lately. Sometimes you'll see no availability and then do the exact same search and get tons of results. It's been like that for at least a month.
Sometimes if you specify a time rather than say dinner you have better luck. I wonder why IT doesn't fix this.

crawale

I have a few questions.

When making a dining reservation with a 2 year old, should they be included in the number of guests? 3 adults, 1 toddler= 4 guests I assume?

Also how hard is it getting dining reservations for 4 people? I have been looking 60 days in advance to get an idea and April 29th (59 days) there are zero reservations open for 4 people but there are spots for 2 or 3 people.
Right now we will be trying to get reservations to Via Napoli, Rainforest Cafe (Disney Springs), Beaches and Cream, and possibly Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Beaches and Cream was going to be our 2nd to last day (7 total days) and possibly Chef Mickeys the last day to up our chances.

Thoughts?
If you don't get what you want, very often the night before, reservations will show up as people cancel to avoid the $10 charge on their credit cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom