Disney is closing 20% of its brick-and-mortar Disney Stores before the end of the year

markc

I really hope so, but if folks continue to buy stuff anyway they won’t change it. If they can prove loss of sales due to the current platform, then maybe they will fix it.

Never gonna happen. They made a decision a long time ago not to offer free shipping at a lower threshold and are holding strong to that. The problem is that they sell too many bulky items that cost a ton to ship (the dolls, playsets, plush, etc).

markc

When did the one at the Premium Outlets close? Missed that somewhere
Those aren't Disney Stores. Disney Stores are operated and run by Disney Consumer Products. The Premium Outlet Stores are run and operated by the Walt Disney World Resort. It's why you will never see WDW product in any of the DISNEY STORE Outlet locations, but you will see Disneyland merchandise there. This is also why you won't find any DISNEY STORE outlets in Florida - the parks have "ownership" of that market at the outlets with the exception of Lutz Florida.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Those aren't Disney Stores. Disney Stores are operated and run by Disney Consumer Products. The Premium Outlet Stores are run and operated by the Walt Disney World Resort. It's why you will never see WDW product in any of the DISNEY STORE Outlet locations, but you will see Disneyland merchandise there. This is also why you won't find any DISNEY STORE outlets in Florida - the parks have "ownership" of that market at the outlets.
Sorry I thought they were all merged into one department. But PHEW and thank you

Delgado

ca

canada is a great example, build a huge store where its an experience, more like a cruise ship experience with tons to do ... i honestly think when disney store started, chef mickey, and disney quest.. they had the right idea... just poor execution. You wouldnt need to build a park, just experiences. IF nothing else it would make people want to visit more, and also sell alot of stuff and disney plus marketing.
It’d be great to build on a Disney quest, restaurant, photo ops, and those ideas. They should take the sorcerer’s of magic kingdom and bring it to stores. I know they took it out of parks but leave it alone and link the two experiences. They need to start getting excited about a trip to the mother land!

raymusiccity

This is so sad but not surprising. I fear the world the internet will eventually create. Anti-social beings who think they are being social online who never leave their homes and have nowhere to go because everything is shuttered.

it is sad. I'll miss Disney Stores, but, it's just inevitable. I always thought that Warner Brothers had a superior design, but, lacked an assortment of products. Maybe a merger of Disney-MGM-WB can make a go of it !!
WB.jpg

Disstevefan1

Never gonna happen. They made a decision a long time ago not to offer free shipping at a lower threshold and are holding strong to that. The problem is that they sell too many bulky items that cost a ton to ship (the dolls, playsets, plush, etc).
Poor Disney. It’s too bad they can’t afford to offer free shipping of bulky items that cost a ton to ship (the dolls, playsets, plush, etc) like AMAZON DOES. But you are right, TWDC is no AMAZON.

chama1

I didn't know the outlet Disney store is not a "disney" store...but I've found some great Jack Skellington items, my granddaughter collects, in that store....

Robbiem

it is sad. I'll miss Disney Stores, but, it's just inevitable. I always thought that Warner Brothers had a superior design, but, lacked an assortment of products. Maybe a merger of Disney-MGM-WB can make a go of it !!
View attachment 537275
I used to love the warner bros stores here in the Uk. They had great merchandise and design. Disney stores of the time we’re almost as good but now they don’t really sell anything other than toys.

Disney Analyst

Good news, Canada is barely impacted, so far.

• A graphic has appeared on the official Disney Store websites for specific locations that states that that location will be closing on or before March 23rd of this year, in about two weeks or so.
  • We have compiled a list of locations whose page contains this graphic, with stores in both the United States and Canada:
  • USA:
    • Arizona
      • Chandler
      • Glendale
      • Scottsdale
    • California
      • Arcadia
      • Montebello
      • Mission Viejo
      • Montclair
      • Roseville
      • Salinas
      • San Diego
      • San Jose
      • Santa Monica
    • Colorado
      • Broomfield
    • Florida
      • Aventura Mall
      • Tampa
    • Illinois
      • State Street Chicago
      • Rosemont
    • Indiana
      • Indianapolis
      • Merrillville
    • Kansas
      • Overland Park
    • Maryland
      • Baltimore
      • Hanover
    • Missouri
      • St. Louis
    • New Jersey
      • Freehold
    • New York
      • Riverhead
      • Staten Island
    • Ohio
      • North Olmsted
    • Oregon
      • Portland
    • Pennsylvania
      • Pittsburgh
      • Springfield
    • Tennessee
      • Knoxville
    • Texas
      • El Paso
      • Memorial City Houston
      • Willowbrook Houston
      • Laredo
      • San Antonio Ingram
      • North Star Mall
      • San Antonio Rivercenter
  • Canada
    • Mississauga
      • Square One
    • Alberta
      • Rocky View
You can search your store, there is now a 'Disney Store Closing' icon.

1615335691043.png

Ldno

All the 3 stores in my city are closing, one of them had 25% the other had 30% closing for now, if you have a military discount you can get 33% with 25% and 37% with 30% total and they can throw in an extra 10% coupon. The savings have been massive.

the shop Disney is the hardest page to navigate and find stuff on. In my experience if you walk to a store you can easily find and spot the merch you want but it’s hard to put into words sometimes on the search engine, i for one like to see and walk out with merch.

I know you guys hate on the page that cannot be named here but they had a news article about new releases and when I wanted to find a tower of terror ornament from their tiny town collection, i had to use google search it, using the Disney’s internal search was disastrous, even If it’s sold out I like to add it as my favorite so when it does get in stock i have a fighting chance of getting one, as a matter of fact they don’t really advertise new arrivals, especially niched items such as those.

As i walked around two of the biggest malls in my city it’s not hard to dismiss the closed stores all over them post covid lockdowns but I used to be all for online shopping... BEFORE they started taxing our orders, it used to be wild frontier when it came to ebay, amazon and small online stores, now if you think about it you actually overpay for merchandise, throw in taxes plus shipping and it can add up for something small. Free shipping comes is usually the slowest service they provide unless you use amazon prime at which rate it’s totally worth it but for example the physical disney stores sold you the masks individually were online was only done in packs and I don’t really know how to feel, last time I spent 800 bucks on shopdisney my dumb forgot to add the free shipping for orders over $75 and above and shot myself in The foot since i thought it was done at the check out by self. I ended up returning it all, but as usual you don’t get refunded for shipping so i don’t know, it’s sad seeing brick and mortal and local stores closed forever, but if they don’t add bot control such as captcha’s i‘m not really feeling it now.

I’m still looking for a PS5 since November, missed out on some legacy sabers when they dropped at the trading post online and ultimately got the shaft trying to complete my tiny town ornaments collection, Friday a guy was walking around with his online curbside delivery of his PS5 and was on the lookout since he was basically trying to rub it in on everyone’s face that he had one.

Speaking of which Toys R Us did reinvent themselves so far there’s only 2 stores nationwide were you get to play and experience it differently, come to the think about their website still works, they just redirect you to Target. LOL some of their Disney displays are just garbage, when they had their star wars galaxy’s edge promotion there was no consistency, some of them were set up on carts in the middle of aisles were one of them only used the recommend display by disney.

Attachments

• 358D7CC1-185E-474A-8877-7462F802628F.jpeg
    358D7CC1-185E-474A-8877-7462F802628F.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 5A01F2A1-BBDF-43BA-B7AE-69BC5D7A7D40.jpeg
    5A01F2A1-BBDF-43BA-B7AE-69BC5D7A7D40.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 99

Lilofan

The Florida Mall location is in the top 5 grossing Disney Stores in North America - it's not going anywhere.
The Florida Mall location in Orlando was spared. The Rolex store next to the Disney store at the FL Mall had surprise guests a few years ago when a few individuals in broad daylight smashed and grabbed in broad daylight. The other location in Tampa and another one in South Florida were part of the closings.

markc

The Florida Mall location in Orlando was spared. The Rolex store next to the Disney store at the FL Mall had surprise guests a few years ago when a few individuals in broad daylight smashed and grabbed in broad daylight. The other location in Tampa and another one in South Florida were part of the closings.

It was never a threat to begin with. It literally will be one of the last stores to close in the chain (if it ever does). Tampa was closed because of the cost of rent and it's odd location (hidden on the lower level in an odd corner) that was never able to grab the right amount of foot traffic it needed. Aventura Mall is an old style Disney Store from the days of "The Children Place" also in an odd location in the mall with a lack of foot traffic. It was always going to get remodeled at some point, so I believe Disney's strategy is to close it now, save the rent and overhead expenses, if and when tourists come back to that mall, they can reopen it in a better spot with an updated store design.

Ldno

The site that can’t be named is saying all Canadian Disney stores to close by the summer 😱
I hate using Shop@Disney, Shipping plus Taxes can suck it. I walk by the two local Disney Stores that closed down Mid March and to be honest it’s sad not even new retailers are moving in, but I hate the people that think online shopping was the future… Granted that Shop@Disney offers free shipping but I hardly purchase anything more than $75 dollars at a time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom