Epcot/Itinerary question

JerseyJive

How much longer is the Epcot construction supposed to continue? We are coming in from 7/23 - 7/30. If there is a lot of construction, should we abandon Epcot altogether? Maybe just park hop there at night? Here are my tentative plans. Keep in mind that RotR is my number one priority. may want to ride it more than once. We have park hoppers.....

Fri 7/23 Arrival Day (HS) - Try to score BG's in the morning, hope we get to MCO in time. If we miss it, hop to MK t walk around.
Sat 7/24 - HS
Sunday 7/24 - Animal Kingdom
Monday 7/26 - MK - Dinner at LeCellier - New show at Epcot?
Tuesday 7/27 - Universal - Kids want to do Harry Potter. When I say kids they are 24 :)
Wednesday - HS in the morning - Hoping to score BG again - Hop somewhere that night.
Thursday - Magic Kingdom for our last full day.

Can you generally get Epcot and AK last-minute park reservations?

Any thoughts on this? With so much up in the air I am trying to schedule as much as I can at HS to make sure I get to do RotR.
We are staying offsite - We have a rental car.
We generally rope drop, leave for a break before 1 PM.

Last edited:

yensid67

My PERSONAL two cents worth...

Use Arrival day as a rest and get ready for adventure day!
I would keep AK, HS, MK and UNI as full days= 4 days(beginning Sat)**Maybe make Monday your EPCOT Day since you have reservations**
and use the rest of the time as fill in and things you want to do again.

EPCOT is only a FULL DAY park if you want to do the entire park, If there is only a few things you want to do at Epcot I would definitely do it as a half day with MK make up day!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

No one knows how long EP is going to take to finish. Theres so much to do and Disneys been moving slowly. I wouldnt abandon EP, but be prepared to PH. Its still the park with the better dining choices. A few of the pavilions ( Mexico, Japan, China, Germany) are worth wandering through and take in some shopping.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

What Epcot construction are you talking about? My understanding is that various stages of construction will continue there for the next few years. It doesn't really affect any of the rides or World Showcase at this point.

Upvote 0

JerseyJive

Original Poster
What Epcot construction are you talking about? My understanding is that various stages of construction will continue there for the next few years. It doesn't really affect any of the rides or World Showcase at this point.
What Epcot construction are you talking about? My understanding is that various stages of construction will continue there for the next few years. It doesn't really affect any of the rides or World Showcase at this po
I was reading that getting to Soarin' from TT, you have to go around the showcase or all the way to the front of the park.

Upvote 0

JerseyJive

Original Poster
My PERSONAL two cents worth...

Use Arrival day as a rest and get ready for adventure day!
I would keep AK, HS, MK and UNI as full days= 4 days(beginning Sat)**Maybe make Monday your EPCOT Day since you have reservations**
and use the rest of the time as fill in and things you want to do again.

EPCOT is only a FULL DAY park if you want to do the entire park, If there is only a few things you want to do at Epcot I would definitely do it as a half day with MK make up day!
Honestly, Soarin' is probably our only must-do. We love the WS though. We could easily do that multiple nights and everyone would be happy. Thank you for your thoughts.....

Upvote 0

Touchdown

I was reading that getting to Soarin' from TT, you have to go around the showcase or all the way to the front of the park.
That is correct. Epcot’s lines are not too bad, during my trip last month the only ride that went over 30 min was Test Track. So unlike most parks you dont have to dash all over the park like a madman and back track all the time. Here’s an idea, do the park in a loop, start with SE, and go right, do those pavillions and then make the loop around WS and finish with TT and M:S. TT is a much better ride at night anyways.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom