News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

That's not good. If you don't know what group they're on at a particular time of the day, how do you guestimate what you have time to accomplish before your BG is called. This would be especially an issue for those who have no familiarity with the average number of BGs called at any point during the day (i.e., ppl not lucky enough to have had a @DCBaker in their pocket for the last several months).

Thanks for all your hard work DCBaker, it really has been helpful. Hopefully someone can figure out what changed and we're able to see your posts again!

As an aside, I just check the app after reading posts by @venkmen and @NelleBelle. The app said RotR is "Temporarily Closed", but now looks like things are up and running with the "Use Virtual Queue Only" message.
If I remember correctly, the app did something similar when they first updated the BG process. Hoping that it’s just a bug they need to pull back through. There are the groups called on wait signs around the park but it’s not ideal to hunt those down in the middle of your day to figure out if you should get in line for another ride or if you’re about to be called.

I was evacuated a little after 10am, right after transport pre show. It was down for about an hour and I was off the ride at 11:20.

gerarar

Premium Member
I can’t even see the progress currently with a group. It just notified me I was called.
Ah I was mistaken with someone’s screenshot here. It (the app) only shows an estimated return time, not the current BGs-called.

All I can think of is that they shut off that feature entirely from the backend or it’s simply a bug.
The API did not even update for how long the virtual queue was open for today (for both drops) so maybe it’s gone for good. Hopefully not tho.

disneygeek90

Ah I was mistaken with someone’s screenshot here. It (the app) only shows an estimated return time, not the current BGs-called.

All I can think of is that they shut off that feature entirely from the backend or it’s simply a bug.
The API did not even update for how long the virtual queue was open for today (for both drops) so maybe it’s gone for good. Hopefully not tho.
Yes the ETA was still working so that’s better than nothing if you’re in park, but hopefully normal features are added back soon.

Tom Morrow

I haven't tried to ride since they implemented the 7:00 AM rule. What's the scoop? What's the best strategy these days to get a boarding pass?

Touchdown

I haven't tried to ride since they implemented the 7:00 AM rule. What's the scoop? What's the best strategy these days to get a boarding pass?
How I got boarding group 12 twice last month:

1. Have a strong data signal
2. Have another time piece to track the seconds exactly
3. I still turned my phone off and on 5 minutes before
4. When booted back up I opened the app, clicked on the join button.
5. On the next page I clicked on the blue “My queues” in the upper right to get to this page:
2D667970-3306-4E02-8CF6-092736985EF3.png
6. At exactly 7am and not before, click the blue button
7. On the next page all members of your party with park reservations will be automatically checked, so as quickly as possible click the Join button and await the arrival of the Astromech and what group you got.

You have approximately 8 seconds, good luck.

Rosso11

How I got boarding group 12 twice last month:

1. Have a strong data signal
2. Have another time piece to track the seconds exactly
3. I still turned my phone off and on 5 minutes before
4. When booted back up I opened the app, clicked on the join button.
5. On the next page I clicked on the blue “My queues” in the upper right to get to this page:
View attachment 5364036. At exactly 7am and not before, click the blue button
7. On the next page all members of your party with park reservations will be automatically checked, so as quickly as possible click the Join button and await the arrival of the Astromech and what group you got.

You have approximately 8 seconds, good luck.
Thanks for this. My only question is when you are on step 6 does the blue button automatically appear at 7AM on its own or do you need to keep refreshing for the button to appear? Thanks

Touchdown

Thanks for this. My only question is when you are on step 6 does the blue button automatically appear at 7AM on its own or do you need to keep refreshing for the button to appear? Thanks
It’s always there, you have to use an accurate clock to determine when it’s 7 am. You dont need to refresh the page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom