News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

The Rocketeer

So is this show going to just be IP from start to finish with one original song like HEA? Cause if that is the case that makes me more upset than these eyesores. I could and can forgive these if the show is incredible, but I don't want the same old thing I can find in MK. I always liked RoE because it was about humanity and had a wonderful score. I had hoped its eventual replacement would keep those elements and have a unique soundtrack. The concept art for Harmonious features characters that aren't even represented currently in World Showcase. Why have two fireworks spectaculars that feature Go the Distance? What is the appeal to stay in EPCOT the rest of the evening if its the same thing you saw the day before but just spread out and maybe on a slightly larger scale?

I hope this becomes the best show in WDW and I hope the fountains do a great job hiding these barges, but I am not holding my breath. I'm just a little skeptical at this point. I would love to be proven wrong. Just cause I may not like it doesn't mean the average guest won't love it either.

RSoxNo1

Sure but I’m not the one bitter about a “lost Epcot” or “mistake on the lake”

If this show impresses than to me it’s worth it. Illuminations barges albeit didn’t sit out all day but those weren’t exactly pretty either.

IMO some of you need to stop living in the Epcot past. That Epcot has been gone for decades at this point. Maybe because I never saw it I don’t have the attachment that many of you do but Epcot needs the work desperately. I was huge fan of illuminations but even that had run its course.
Old EPCOT is better than new EPCOT. You can call this opinion, but all other park's had attendance peaks consistent with the passing of time. EPCOT didn't. The park has been stripped down piece by piece and it's currently the 2nd worst Disney Park in the world. What was once inspirational and aspirational is now a disjointed mess.

It strived to be more than the sum of its parts and it succeeded. Now, the best hope is that it gets a nighttime show that is on par with Illuminations, that Cosmic Rewind is fun, and that they don't mess up Spaceship Earth too much.

Rteetz

Old EPCOT is better than new EPCOT. You can call this opinion, but all other park's had attendance peaks consistent with the passing of time. EPCOT didn't. The park has been stripped down piece by piece and it's currently the 2nd worst Disney Park in the world. What was once inspirational and aspirational is now a disjointed mess.

It strived to be more than the sum of its parts and it succeeded. Now, the best hope is that it gets a nighttime show that is on par with Illuminations, that Cosmic Rewind is fun, and that they don't mess up Spaceship Earth too much.
And I have nothing to compare it too because I never saw Epcot pre-2000s. I have stated such. I’m not attached to the park. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom. Only reason I go to Epcot now is to eat and drink. I think that’s a problem. That’s also not a conversation for this thread tho.

Notes from Neverland

I think @marni1971 is right that this certainly presents a slippery slope. If the barges are approved now, what will be approved next? Sightlines and "preserving the magic" by hiding the ugly details that make things work is what Walt Disney World was built on. The Magic Kingdom was literally built upon it. It's disappointing to see caution thrown to the wind through the barges, giant GOTG building, tall resort buildings, etc that ignore one key aspect that set Disney apart.

Squishy

Looking at the photos, this show has to have the most spotlights in any Disney show right? There tons of spotlights on the arms, platforms of the barges, on the stargate & around world showcase.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos from all around World Showcase

HarmonioUS_Full_41080.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_41093.jpg

bcoachable

More worrying is this crap was approved. By people who think it’s okay.

What will happen in the future if this is the new standard?
Agree 100%
When there are less (strong) voices around to speak up... this becomes an issue.
Fear of disagreeing might lead to dismissal -
I see it in coaching staffs all the time-

wiredforflight

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Agree 100%
When there are less (strong) voices around to speak up... this becomes an issue.
Fear of disagreeing might lead to dismissal -
I see it in coaching staffs all the time-

Conversely, if its a minority opinion even strongly voiced, is it compelling enough to change? IMHO not one bit. It's a large empty space in the middle of the park. In the Southeast of the US, lakes are plentiful. Isolated vignettes vs sprawling vista and OCD alignments are your argumenst. Is placemaking enhanced or reduced by representations of countries geographically distant sitting side by side?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom