Annual Pass?

Mr. Tom_Morrow

Original Poster
Any idea on when annual passes are going to be available again? I've never had an AP before, but starting in a few weeks, I'll be a situation where I'll be in the Central Florida area for a day or two every few weeks and would love to be able to make a reservation and pop into one of the parks while there.

Po'Rich

I'd like to hear from any insiders whether or not they've heard anything about WDW Annual Passes returning this year (we all know the decision regarding Disneyland). I'm planning on going in August and would prefer to get an annual pass if we thought they'd be back by then. Otherwise, I could go ahead and get my tickets now and secure my spot in the parks.

So insiders, any rumors? Hints? @marni1971? @Magic Feather?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
awkward silence GIF

MikeScopa

I hope this clears up any questions regarding Annual Passes.

We were last at WDW on 3/15/2020. As everyone knows, closure was from 3/16/2020 - 7/10/2020 (I think that July date is correct).

When we were convinced we would not be returning to Orlando in 2020 we decided to cancel our remaining time on our APs.

We cancelled on 6/8/2020.

Yesterday we called DVC and were then sent over to ticketing....we're talking almost a two hour wait to finally talk with a CM who could help us.

I explained that we were DVC owners and former AP holders and that we cancelled last year on 6/8. We all know they keep meticulous records and paper trails so with the help of our MDE (My Disney Experience) accounts they could verify my claim.

I then posed the question, if we cancelled during the closure were we eligible to purchase NEW APs?

The answer was "Yes!"

Then, knowing how policies change so quickly and sometimes without being announced my next question was that after purchasing the AP voucher does it still hold that the clock does not begin until we use the AP for the first time....that is our one year will not begin until the first day we walk through a park turnstile using the new APs.

Again, the answer was "Yes!"

So we made the purchase (DVC) and everything was sent to our MDE accounts.

Interestingly enough the vouchers apparently have an expiration in the year 2030..so theoretically we could hold to them for 8-9 years and then use them....who knows what an AP will cost in 2030....$2000? $2500?

Anyway, for those wondering about the purchasing of new APs I just wanted to report that it is TRUE that if you cancelled during the closure that you are eligible to purchase a new AP.

Again, that is the policy as of today.

Mike

Trackmaster

We were last at WDW on 3/15/2020. As everyone knows, closure was from 3/16/2020 - 7/10/2020 (I think that July date is correct).

When we were convinced we would not be returning to Orlando in 2020 we decided to cancel our remaining time on our APs.

Yesterday we called DVC and were then sent over to ticketing....we're talking almost a two hour wait to finally talk with a CM who could help us.

I explained that we were DVC owners and former AP holders and that we cancelled last year on 6/8. We all know they keep meticulous records and paper trails so with the help of our MDE (My Disney Experience) accounts they could verify my claim.

I then posed the question, if we cancelled during the closure were we eligible to purchase NEW APs?

The answer was "Yes!"

Then, knowing how policies change so quickly and sometimes without being announced my next question was that after purchasing the AP voucher does it still hold that the clock does not begin until we use the AP for the first time....that is our one year will not begin until the first day we walk through a park turnstile using the new APs.

Interestingly enough the vouchers apparently have an expiration in the year 2030..so theoretically we could hold to them for 8-9 years and then use them....who knows what an AP will cost in 2030....$2000? $2500?

Anyway, for those wondering about the purchasing of new APs I just wanted to report that it is TRUE that if you cancelled during the closure that you are eligible to purchase a new AP.

Mike

I'm not really sure if this addresses the question on hand, I know that threads get a little off-topic and that's OK, but come on, this was like the fourth response, you can't even give it until page 2 until you go wildly off-topic?

The OP clearly said that they had never purchased an AP before. How does telling him that you're fine if you cancelled during the a four month period of time almost a year ago help him? Sorry that I'm coming down a little hard, but this is a topic that a lot of people care about, and saying stuff like this that's been re-hashed again and again when people want legitimate info about what happens when you cancelled after the shutdown or never had one before help? They want to know the rumors about the date for all sales, not the qualifications for renewal that they know they don't meet.

Disstevefan1

The answer was "Yes!"

Mike
This is great news! Our family of three had APs for the last 10 years or so, and once the park pass reservation system was implemented, we knew that would not work for us and we cancelled.

it’s good to know there is at least a possibility we can renew in the future.

twilight mitsuk

This is great news! Our family of three had APs for the last 10 years or so, and once the park pass reservation system was implemented, we knew that would not work for us and we cancelled.

it’s good to know there is at least a possibility we can renew in the future.
And aps could be selling again when you go

Disstevefan1

And aps could be selling again when you go
We all hope so. My fear is that the WDW AP will evolve into something different than we had. I think the Platinum “go whenever you want with no blackouts” is gone forever. And don’t worry, the new AP will cost more than the Platinum did.

Disney wanted to change that for a long time in WDW but needed an excuse, and COVID is that excuse.

And the best thing for Disney, they can frame it like this, “In response to guest demand....”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We all hope so. My fear is that the WDW AP will evolve into something different than we had. I think the Platinum “go whenever you want with no blackouts” is gone forever. And don’t worry, the new AP will cost more than the Platinum did.

Disney wanted to change that for a long time in WDW but needed an excuse, and COVID is that excuse.

And the best thing for Disney, they can frame it like this, “In response to guest demand....”

Complete agreement on this one. I don’t expect a true “annual pass” to ever be sold again

TTA94

I’m in a pickle right now because my other half decided to quit Disney, and, of course, along with that all the benefits and main gate💔. Now we won’t be able to go together to the parks until either APs are sold again or, going the much more expensive route of regular tickets. Luckily I have a AP and renewed recently. I knew better then to fall for Disney’s trap of canceling and not being able to get a new pass for the foreseeable future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom