Looking for table service places to eat. Inexpensive for 8?

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
So there will be 4 adults and 4 children. We are trying to stay within a budget and still have a great time. Any suggestions on where to eat with good prices and portion sizes?

Buck Wheelie

So there will be 4 adults and 4 children. We are trying to stay within a budget and still have a great time. Any suggestions on where to eat with good prices and portion sizes?
Disney is expensive no matter where you go. I would suggest you check the menus on line to see the prices at places you would like to eat. Menus are available on the WDW site or a few other sites. You don't mention the age of your children but Disney considers children 12 and older to be adults. Also, for parties for 6 or more 18% gratuity is added to the bill. For a party of 8 (4 adults and 4 children) most table service dinners would cost you around $125 to $150 on average and that might be a little low. It all depends on appetizer, drinks etc. Disney used to be known for large portion sizes but lately a lot of people have noticed smaller portions. Hope this helps.

Weather_Lady

You'll find lower prices dining a la carte (no buffets, etc. - e.g., 'Ohana is $58/adult BEFORE tax and tip): you can Google for the current lists of best out-of-pocket values, but FWIW my family's favorites in each park for value and portion size are Via Napoli (Epcot, order a pizza to share as recommended by @DisneyAubs), Skipper Canteen (MK), Yak & Yeti (AK) and Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (HS).

There are some other ways to get a modest discount on your dining, as well: if anyone in your party has a Disney VISA, check the list of restaurants at which you can get 10% off with it (e.g., Skipper Canteen, Rose & Crown, Sanaa). https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks/

Ditto if anyone has a Landry's Select Club card with some rewards credits on it that can be applied toward your bill at one of Disney's three Landry's-owned restaurants (Yak & Yeti, Rainforest Cafe, T-REX).

You can also "save" 4% or more on any and all Disney-related expenditures by purchasing Disney gift cards at a discount. We buy them at BJ's (e.g., $460 for a $500 Disney GC) and use them to pay for all of our Disney expenses, including out-of-pocket food costs for those places that don't offer a better discount if we pay another way (e.g., 10% off with Disney VISA). If you buy the gift cards using a credit card with a cash back benefit or airline points you can use toward future travel, it's even more of a win.

If you want to play around with a few different restaurant ideas and get a handle on what you might expect to pay, I recommend the dining calculator tool at https://www.distripplanner.com/. While it can't account for variations in the way people order (e.g., if you put in Via Napoli it will give a total that reflects the average price if everyone orders their own individual entree, rather than a pizza to share), it's good to use as a guideline, and to help avoid sticker shock.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Disney is expensive no matter where you go. I would suggest you check the menus on line to see the prices at places you would like to eat. Menus are available on the WDW site or a few other sites. You don't mention the age of your children but Disney considers children 12 and older to be adults. Also, for parties for 6 or more 18% gratuity is added to the bill. For a party of 8 (4 adults and 4 children) most table service dinners would cost you around $125 to $150 on average and that might be a little low. It all depends on appetizer, drinks etc. Disney used to be known for large portion sizes but lately a lot of people have noticed smaller portions. Hope this helps.

Great advice! I just had a minor correction: I believe the cut-off for charging a child as an "adult" for dining purposes is ages 10 and over, not 12.

ppete1975

bring snacks from home, beef jerky popcorn chips to keep from being super hungry then have each 2 adults share a meal. Quick service might be your best bet though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom