News 5G Cellular Service Installation Under Way at WDW

Brian

If you have a router made during the last five or so years, you have 5G as your WiFi.

In other words, it's already made it inside your house.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the passive aggressive correction.

My point regarding 5G hysteria stands.

Dont be so smug, you're wrong with your frequency list. Since I work as a design Engineer in that industry let me clarify what 5G is: its communication encoding and operation methods that can be used on any frequency.

If you were saying that electromagnetic radiation using any of these technologies were already present inside the majority of people's domiciles that would be correct.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

PHOTOS - 5G cell towers at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort​

Disneys-Grand-Floridian-Resort-and-Spa_Full_40870.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey, 5G experts...

What exactly can be done to 'hide' a 5G tower? What materials would be 'transparent' to its frequencies?

donsullivan

Premium Member
That's all they came up with? Why not do it like everyone else and put it on a lamp or something to hide it... Shouldn't be surprising I guess considering the box across the lagoon.
It’s likely that Disney doesn’t own any of this equipment, nor are they installing or managing it. As a result, they would not want it integrated into anything they own or manage. Doing so could constrain them from making changes to their things later should they desire to. If they wanted to move a light pole, they’d need to coordinate with the company that manages the cellular service and then you run into coverage issues if something just goes away. With this approach, (just as it is today) the cellular infrastructure is independent of everything else and is owned and operated by a licensed carrier. The difference is that the highest performing 5G requires a lot more antennae per acre of land vs the LTE we’re all used to.
Much of the Disney owned and managed WiFi infrastructure is embedded into the architecture, especially in the parks but the best they were able to do with LTE was the antenna tree like the one in the Grand Floridian parking lot across the street from the resort.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I believe it may be Crown Castle.
Makes sense given they are pretty much the biggest player in that space.

Not everyone realizes that in most cases the carriers don’t own the towers any more. Most of them got out of that business many years ago. They are owned by large companies like Crown Castle who build and managed them, and then lease capacity/space on them to the carriers.

SpectroMagician

Hey, 5G experts...

What exactly can be done to 'hide' a 5G tower? What materials would be 'transparent' to its frequencies?
They normally put them on lamp posts in cities. Weird they are not trying to make them blend in more in Disney. The owners (likely Crown Castle or American Tower) wanted to be able to service it easily without needing to work with Disney would be my guess.

lazyboy97o

They normally put them on lamp posts in cities. Weird they are not trying to make them blend in more in Disney. The owners (likely Crown Castle or American Tower) wanted to be able to service it easily without needing to work with Disney would be my guess.
But like so many other outside parties with visible stuff at Walt Disney World, Disney could have held them to aesthetic standards. Even Shades of Green has to get Disney’s approval for exterior changes.

OrlandoRising

The installation of 5G antennas around the WDW property is a VERY bad idea. There are proven negative health effects to these. Wireless radiation has a whole plethora of biological effects that industry has glossed over. Particularly putting the cell base stations closer to the guests, both in the parks, and near their hotel rooms, scientifically is very very dangerous.

Get the facts about 5G in 5 Minutes

Yikes.

This board really has a problem with health misinformation in the past year. Since addressing that is my day job, I'll jump in.

The International Commission on Non‐Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), an independent watchdog group that assesses the safety of technology like cell phone networks, found in a March 2020 report that there is no evidence of health risks with 5G. While 5G can operate at slightly higher frequencies on the radio wave spectrum than 4G cell phones, they're still well within existing safety standards that have governed cell phone tech for decades.

Notice how your video relies on reporting from the TV station RT? That station is owned by the Russian government and controlled by Vladimir Putin. RT's negative reporting on 5G -- and spreading false claims about fictional health hazards -- are part of a Russian disinformation campaign to discredit 5G because the country is behind China and the U.S. in 5G tech. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/12/science/5g-phone-safety-health-russia.html

GimpYancIent

Yikes.

This board really has a problem with health misinformation in the past year. Since addressing that is my day job, I'll jump in.

The International Commission on Non‐Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), an independent watchdog group that assesses the safety of technology like cell phone networks, found in a March 2020 report that there is no evidence of health risks with 5G. While 5G can operate at slightly higher frequencies on the radio wave spectrum than 4G cell phones, they're still well within existing safety standards that have governed cell phone tech for decades.

Notice how your video relies on reporting from the TV station RT? That station is owned by the Russian government and controlled by Vladimir Putin. RT's negative reporting on 5G -- and spreading false claims about fictional health hazards -- are part of a Russian disinformation campaign to discredit 5G because the country is behind China and the U.S. in 5G tech. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/12/science/5g-phone-safety-health-russia.html
The public cares if their personal electronic devices work, period. 4G, 5G, Russians, Chinese etc. none of it is on the mind of the consumer (guest) or CM at WDW so long as their devices work. The towers / antennas or what term is used can be painted / camouflaged so as not to be readily visible and distracting. There is so much conflicting data and information out there about health issues with transmitters, antennas and devices that it has just become meaningless noise to most people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom