The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

Chaos Cat

What the heck is a b-wolf. What does that even mean”
Well, "B-Wolf" is short for "Bot Wolf" and they look like this:
fursuit.png

But if your talking about me, then I'm Beta Canis, Interdimensional Badass!

NigelChanning

I was today years old when I found out we could say “badass” on the forums.
I’m 13 and it’s technically passed my bedtime. The least you could do is refrain from using obscene language.

Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass Badass

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
As well as dick, hell, & crap, just like uncle Walt used to say!
Tbh I’m actually glad that the upper echelon of swear words aren’t allowed. Those words can become such a crutch in real life, and not having access to those kind of forces you to get more creative with your speech.

And also it just helps keep the atmosphere pure!!
918C0773-2C8D-4F3B-9C7A-7648D734447F.png

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
1612321109260.png

In 20 sentences or less
Feels fitting

1612317219742.png

This team is a non-stop party and a joy to watch, and @Lora Baines Bradley did a fantastic job managing the very chaotic brainstorming and bringing it all together into a cohesive whole!

Pop-up festival is a really fun idea and a clever take on it and Epcot being the festival park makes it an oddly great location (Plus, memes are a big part of modern communication and worldwide connections, I unironically think memes should be included in the finale of Spaceship Earth when they redo it next), but it might have been more believable as a long weekend or an upcharge party like the Disneyland 90s night.

The festival brochure presentation was an incredible idea for the presentation and it adds a lot to the project; the best "joke" projects don't feel like the project itself is a joke and this brochure goes a lot way towards accomplishing that.

The mostly played for straight nature of the brochure with just the right amount of tongue in cheek to it really helps set the tone right away (Though I wish the color scheme fit the whole brochure :p ).

My 10 bucks invested in AMC appreciates the TO THE MOON overlay (I think it is a really fun idea and the Stonks meme has lasted over a year meaning it has solid staying power) and Mission Space is a really smart choice for a short term overlay since it is screen based and not so beloved that many would be disappointed if it was gone for a bit!

Be the Meme is probably the highlight of this project!

This would be a really fun addition to the Play Pavilion even aside from this project and I can see this being an incredibly popular photo-op and I almost wish you guys just went all in on this and tied the Meme & Greets into this!

The meme screens would be a great way to tie the whole park into the festival without it feeling obnoxious or taking a lot of time/effort/money by Disney to set it up!

Seriously, fantastic visuals here!

The map is an incredible touch!

The Meme & Greets are a ton of fun!

But I feel like you missed out on a lot of good choices that Disney could easily do like Fancy Pooh, Gooby & Dolan, Hipster Ariel (old school one), Hello There Kenobi, Shirtless Kylo, Tea Sipping Kermit... lots of memes based around Disney and characters they have M&Gs for that could be easily and cheaply adapted and improved this concept.

That being said, Jake Paul is a really fun call back to the last project (I had no idea Englad was his city! Assumed that was a different dude), Covid Gaston (Though let's face it, Gaston would be the dumb, aggresive kind of anti-masker who gets kicked out of Costco), and Elsa shouting with the bird are all super fun ideas and would be pretty enjoyable.

IRS tax evasion memes are always pretty solid and this could be a fun way to hint at a more edgy "genre" of memes (Like the Lego Yoda ketamine or Bert & Ernie warcrimes) while still being pretty "Safe."

There's a fair amount of screens on this ride, so an overlay works pretty well here, but what you describe does sound like it would need a bit too much to do it properly for just a one day event.

But this is the meme round so realism isn't a huge concern, and really it would just be an extra setpiece or two if my understanding is correct.

Overall, this was a super fun project!

I think Epcot was a great setting and there are a lot of "plusses" here that help set it apart!

But there are few areas (like the M&Gs) where I wish you went further and the one-day-only set up you went with makes some aspects (Like Imagination) feel impractical.

kVuOMon.jpg

The visuals/presentation here are absolutely top notch from the redone logo to the memos to the video to the INCREDIBLE photo edits done in the video this was a truly impressive presentation for only a little more than two days!

To quickly mention the elephant in the room about this project: The bullet points being all counted as a single sentence is a sliiigggghhhttt bit of a stretch and there are a few run ons that go a sliiiigggghhhhttt bit too far in the video, but we discussed it and it wasn't anything beyond a bit of flavor or stylistic touches that we are gonna hold against you but you're on thin ice! :p

1612325547729.png

Again, a lot of fun touches on the memos like the memerandum and the professional imagineering speak versus the hyper Chapek speak and the logo at the bottom!

A resort wide couple month celebration is a fun idea and for the most part of your ideas feel like the type of stuff Disney could actually do for something like this making it a really fun and big party!

Toy Story Meme Mania is a definite highlight and any kind of seasonal update of that ride should for sure be hapening, Rickrollercoaster is super fun and a great pun though possible rights issues to it that needs to be figured out but we'll let that slide lol (Wasn't there an edit of the soudntrack for it? Did that get lost along the way?), Among Us Mountain would be a really cheesy fun twist that could be done super easily without being obnoxious to non-fans (We need to bring back the Michael Eisner acting Sus group chat and play again), adding Doge to Splash Mountain is a super cheesy and fun thing that could be done pretty quickly since it sounds like you're just plopping him in which is pretty fitting, Meme Tours is a fantastic concept and easy to do since it is all digital but might feel a bit cheap to people who aren't in on the joke, and Surfin Around the Internet is a ton of fun and a great IP tie in and honestly a Ralph Breaks the Internet simulator like this could be a great attraction.

A meme projection show is a fantastic idea and temporary castle shows are always cool.

I'm a bit curious about the Parade of memes and what exactly it would be but with so much in this project some things gotta be a bit vague lol

The instagram walls and meme makers are both super fun ideas and are exactly the type of stuff Disney would add for a season of memes and getting to meet Doge is great (I like that perhaps the most "safe" meme in existence is your mascot for the event, very realistic).

Again, the video is incredibly well done and absolutely top notch!

There are so many wonderful touches to this that tie the whole resort together!

Adding vines to Jungle cruise is brilliant.

Harambe might be slightly too dark for Disney since it is about a kid almost dying at a tourist attraction and then a gorilla dying, but other than that you had a great selection of Disney friendly meme choices with feeling overly corporate or sanitized.

Meme M I L F might be my favorite idea just because it is so simple!

Overall, this is a super fun all encompassing project with an absolutely incredible presentation (especially for only 2 days!)

This could have easily become way too scattered and unfocused but it was held together by team perfectly in sync and a brilliant presentation.

Also, congrats on having the round go so smoothly even with all the PM confusiong early on!

That really speaks to the strength of your team dynamic!

2f27ca47-16dd-47a0-8e77-ec2f639e20cf-jpeg.528850

Custom team logos are always a nice touch and the fake picture link is an excellent subtle touch to complete the illusion of your presentation!

The Know Your Meme presentation was such a clever idea and tou did an incredible job really selling the illusion of the site with fake ads and all!

That map is absolutely incredible as are all the logos, just a really great round visually!

Maybe sliiiightly too large scale for a summer part, but the concept of a DCA summer party is a strong one and a fun idea for sure!

The Nyan Cat coaster is a definite highlight that is fun and relatively simple and ties in really well to the nearby LOLCat Cafe which is a fun dumb idea.

Buff Mickey, Kenobi, and Black Knight M&Gs are all very fun character experiences that add a lot to the park!

The Pajama Princess Party is amazing and clever and the Meme Hyper-Mix might be impossible with rights on all those but could be a super goofy crazy experience!

I don't know Tom Scott, but I'm gonna assume this is funny (I knew all the other memes on all three projects, I'm giving myself a pass here haha)

Meme Midway using the more cartoony and less copyrighted memes is a nice touch and the ride is a blast and I love any seasonal retheme pitch of this ride (Do memes come alive in the Toy Story universe?).

I was super skeptical of the YTP dark ride but I think you really did find a way to make the concept of a YTP dark ride work!

But this seems like a bit too much for just a one time seasonal overlay for a ride with all physical sets and I feel like this is the kind of concept that you really needed to go all in on to make it be a true stand out experience; this is a big, dynamic, and unique idea that needs more than one sentence to capture and more than a summer to be practical if they are doing it right.

Translator Sing Along and Running of the Weebs are both great fun and super enjoyable ideas (Giving the Naruto Run a generic name to avoid copyrights and make it "corporate" would have been a great touch though).

A lot of great thought was put into the parade making it a true and perfect "meme" parade, though the heady use of pranded memes that Disney wouldn't be able to do like Pikachu and Pingu do detract a little bit from realism (Which is a weird thing to judge on this project, but you do a lot to make things realistically work in other areas that is stands out in the places where it doesn't).

The Fortnite tie in is super fun and a great use of the space AND handled very realistically since, as you mention, Disney and Epic have a great relationship already.

UFO-Burg is not something I see Disney doing but if they DID do it it would be super fun and relatively easy to redo the current land since the area 51 theme is very similar to the towns near Area 51, but I think it would have been fun to still tie Cars in and maybe have Lightning be one of the people arranging the raid!

The Beyond Belief Experience is super goofy fun and over the top and I really like the idea of just going all out on something bizarre like this, but this is also wher the project really starts to feel a bit scattered.

Some aspects feel really grounded and justified and like a lot of effort was put into finding ways to make it work, others feel like you just threw stuff in and made the whole project a joke; which can be very fun to work on, but it doesn't give me much to judge it on.

I talked a lot and had the program guide discuss how the best joke projects take an insane concept and then treat it seriously and finds ways to ground it (and this does that at times), but while half your stuff handles it that way half just goes full and complete joke (Which is super fun and enjoyable, but doesn't quite make as strong a "project").

Overall, this was very fun, incredibly well presented, and I loved seeing you guys bounce ideas off of each other, but the inconsistent level of realism held it back from feeling like a cohesive whole.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
View attachment 529069
In 20 sentences or less
Feels fitting

1612317219742.png

This team is a non-stop party and a joy to watch, and @Lora Baines Bradley did a fantastic job managing the very chaotic brainstorming and bringing it all together into a cohesive whole!

Pop-up festival is a really fun idea and a clever take on it and Epcot being the festival park makes it an oddly great location (Plus, memes are a big part of modern communication and worldwide connections, I unironically think memes should be included in the finale of Spaceship Earth when they redo it next), but it might have been more believable as a long weekend or an upcharge party like the Disneyland 90s night.

The festival brochure presentation was an incredible idea for the presentation and it adds a lot to the project; the best "joke" projects don't feel like the project itself is a joke and this brochure goes a lot way towards accomplishing that.

The mostly played for straight nature of the brochure with just the right amount of tongue in cheek to it really helps set the tone right away (Though I wish the color scheme fit the whole brochure :p ).

My 10 bucks invested in AMC appreciates the TO THE MOON overlay (I think it is a really fun idea and the Stonks meme has lasted over a year meaning it has solid staying power) and Mission Space is a really smart choice for a short term overlay since it is screen based and not so beloved that many would be disappointed if it was gone for a bit!

Be the Meme is probably the highlight of this project!

This would be a really fun addition to the Play Pavilion even aside from this project and I can see this being an incredibly popular photo-op and I almost wish you guys just went all in on this and tied the Meme & Greets into this!

The meme screens would be a great way to tie the whole park into the festival without it feeling obnoxious or taking a lot of time/effort/money by Disney to set it up!

Seriously, fantastic visuals here!

The map is an incredible touch!

The Meme & Greets are a ton of fun!

But I feel like you missed out on a lot of good choices that Disney could easily do like Fancy Pooh, Gooby & Dolan, Hipster Ariel (old school one), Hello There Kenobi, Shirtless Kylo, Tea Sipping Kermit... lots of memes based around Disney and characters they have M&Gs for that could be easily and cheaply adapted and improved this concept.

That being said, Jake Paul is a really fun call back to the last project (I had no idea Englad was his city! Assumed that was a different dude), Covid Gaston (Though let's face it, Gaston would be the dumb, aggresive kind of anti-masker who gets kicked out of Costco), and Elsa shouting with the bird are all super fun ideas and would be pretty enjoyable.

IRS tax evasion memes are always pretty solid and this could be a fun way to hint at a more edgy "genre" of memes (Like the Lego Yoda ketamine or Bert & Ernie warcrimes) while still being pretty "Safe."

There's a fair amount of screens on this ride, so an overlay works pretty well here, but what you describe does sound like it would need a bit too much to do it properly for just a one day event.

But this is the meme round so realism isn't a huge concern, and really it would just be an extra setpiece or two if my understanding is correct.

Overall, this was a super fun project!

I think Epcot was a great setting and there are a lot of "plusses" here that help set it apart!

But there are few areas (like the M&Gs) where I wish you went further and the one-day-only set up you went with makes some aspects (Like Imagination) feel impractical.

kVuOMon.jpg

The visuals/presentation here are absolutely top notch from the redone logo to the memos to the video to the INCREDIBLE photo edits done in the video this was a truly impressive presentation for only a little more than two days!

To quickly mention the elephant in the room about this project: The bullet points being all counted as a single sentence is a sliiigggghhhttt bit of a stretch and there are a few run ons that go a sliiiigggghhhhttt bit too far in the video, but we discussed it and it wasn't anything beyond a bit of flavor or stylistic touches that we are gonna hold against you but you're on thin ice! :p

View attachment 529084

Again, a lot of fun touches on the memos like the memerandum and the professional imagineering speak versus the hyper Chapek speak and the logo at the bottom!

A resort wide couple month celebration is a fun idea and for the most part of your ideas feel like the type of stuff Disney could actually do for something like this making it a really fun and big party!

Toy Story Meme Mania is a definite highlight and any kind of seasonal update of that ride should for sure be hapening, Rickrollercoaster is super fun and a great pun though possible rights issues to it that needs to be figured out but we'll let that slide lol (Wasn't there an edit of the soudntrack for it? Did that get lost along the way?), Among Us Mountain would be a really cheesy fun twist that could be done super easily without being obnoxious to non-fans (We need to bring back the Michael Eisner acting Sus group chat and play again), adding Doge to Splash Mountain is a super cheesy and fun thing that could be done pretty quickly since it sounds like you're just plopping him in which is pretty fitting, Meme Tours is a fantastic concept and easy to do since it is all digital but might feel a bit cheap to people who aren't in on the joke, and Surfin Around the Internet is a ton of fun and a great IP tie in and honestly a Ralph Breaks the Internet simulator like this could be a great attraction.

A meme projection show is a fantastic idea and temporary castle shows are always cool.

I'm a bit curious about the Parade of memes and what exactly it would be but with so much in this project some things gotta be a bit vague lol

The instagram walls and meme makers are both super fun ideas and are exactly the type of stuff Disney would add for a season of memes and getting to meet Doge is great (I like that perhaps the most "safe" meme in existence is your mascot for the event, very realistic).

Again, the video is incredibly well done and absolutely top notch!

There are so many wonderful touches to this that tie the whole resort together!

Adding vines to Jungle cruise is brilliant.

Harambe might be slightly too dark for Disney since it is about a kid almost dying at a tourist attraction and then a gorilla dying, but other than that you had a great selection of Disney friendly meme choices with feeling overly corporate or sanitized.

Meme M I L F might be my favorite idea just because it is so simple!

Overall, this is a super fun all encompassing project with an absolutely incredible presentation (especially for only 2 days!)

This could have easily become way too scattered and unfocused but it was held together by team perfectly in sync and a brilliant presentation.

Also, congrats on having the round go so smoothly even with all the PM confusiong early on!

That really speaks to the strength of your team dynamic!

2f27ca47-16dd-47a0-8e77-ec2f639e20cf-jpeg.528850

Custom team logos are always a nice touch and the fake picture link is an excellent subtle touch to complete the illusion of your presentation!

The Know Your Meme presentation was such a clever idea and tou did an incredible job really selling the illusion of the site with fake ads and all!

That map is absolutely incredible as are all the logos, just a really great round visually!

Maybe sliiiightly too large scale for a summer part, but the concept of a DCA summer party is a strong one and a fun idea for sure!

The Nyan Cat coaster is a definite highlight that is fun and relatively simple and ties in really well to the nearby LOLCat Cafe which is a fun dumb idea.

Buff Mickey, Kenobi, and Black Knight M&Gs are all very fun character experiences that add a lot to the park!

The Pajama Princess Party is amazing and clever and the Meme Hyper-Mix might be impossible with rights on all those but could be a super goofy crazy experience!

I don't know Tom Scott, but I'm gonna assume this is funny (I knew all the other memes on all three projects, I'm giving myself a pass here haha)

Meme Midway using the more cartoony and less copyrighted memes is a nice touch and the ride is a blast and I love any seasonal retheme pitch of this ride (Do memes come alive in the Toy Story universe?).

I was super skeptical of the YTP dark ride but I think you really did find a way to make the concept of a YTP dark ride work!

But this seems like a bit too much for just a one time seasonal overlay for a ride with all physical sets and I feel like this is the kind of concept that you really needed to go all in on to make it be a true stand out experience; this is a big, dynamic, and unique idea that needs more than one sentence to capture and more than a summer to be practical if they are doing it right.

Translator Sing Along and Running of the Weebs are both great fun and super enjoyable ideas (Giving the Naruto Run a generic name to avoid copyrights and make it "corporate" would have been a great touch though).

A lot of great thought was put into the parade making it a true and perfect "meme" parade, though the heady use of pranded memes that Disney wouldn't be able to do like Pikachu and Pingu do detract a little bit from realism (Which is a weird thing to judge on this project, but you do a lot to make things realistically work in other areas that is stands out in the places where it doesn't).

The Fortnite tie in is super fun and a great use of the space AND handled very realistically since, as you mention, Disney and Epic have a great relationship already.

UFO-Burg is not something I see Disney doing but if they DID do it it would be super fun and relatively easy to redo the current land since the area 51 theme is very similar to the towns near Area 51, but I think it would have been fun to still tie Cars in and maybe have Lightning be one of the people arranging the raid!

The Beyond Belief Experience is super goofy fun and over the top and I really like the idea of just going all out on something bizarre like this, but this is also wher the project really starts to feel a bit scattered.

Some aspects feel really grounded and justified and like a lot of effort was put into finding ways to make it work, others feel like you just threw stuff in and made the whole project a joke; which can be very fun to work on, but it doesn't give me much to judge it on.

I talked a lot and had the program guide discuss how the best joke projects take an insane concept and then treat it seriously and finds ways to ground it (and this does that at times), but while half your stuff handles it that way half just goes full and complete joke (Which is super fun and enjoyable, but doesn't quite make as strong a "project").

Overall, this was very fun, incredibly well presented, and I loved seeing you guys bounce ideas off of each other, but the inconsistent level of realism held it back from feeling like a cohesive whole.
I see you, Pi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom