News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Read this....just maybe Mears WILL go on in some format.....rather odd they found out day their contract was to expire.....statement below from link gives me great hope.....;)

https://allears.net/2021/01/11/news...s-magical-express-service-being-discontinued/

"Mears is separate from the Disney company and will offer their own transportation to and from the Disney World property. Guests will still have access to theme park transportation like buses, boats, monorails, and the Skyliner. We’ll continue to update you on all information regarding vacations at Disney World."

TrainsOfDisney

Evergreen post summing up fan reaction to any changes Disney is making lately

(Edit: not that you‘re wrong...)
I get what you are saying but typically my complaints like lack of live entertainment, streetmosphere, smaller attractions like Figment etc. are met with “the target demographic doesn’t care” response.

This change is the opposite, I would think the target demographic is going to care the most.

nickys

Premium Member
Read this....just maybe Mears WILL go on in some format.....rather odd they found out day their contract was to expire.....statement below from link gives me great hope.....;)

https://allears.net/2021/01/11/news...s-magical-express-service-being-discontinued/

"Mears is separate from the Disney company and will offer their own transportation to and from the Disney World property. Guests will still have access to theme park transportation like buses, boats, monorails, and the Skyliner. We’ll continue to update you on all information regarding vacations at Disney World."
Mears had already put out a statement that they would offer a bus service.

Obviously you’ll have to pay for it and I think previously it used minibuses not coaches. I would think minibuses would have far less room for luggage and of course require car seats. Hence the disquiet about the idea of that service not being equitable with the current DME.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

Obviously you’ll have to pay for it and I think previously it used minibuses not coaches. I would think minibuses would have far less room for luggage and of course require car seats. Hence the disquiet about the idea of that service not being equitable with the current DME.
Oh ok well here's to hoping something else will occur between now and then!;)

TrainsOfDisney

I do remember seeing mears coaches on property before Magical Express. Not sure if they only operated certain hours.

Minnesota disney fan

We are all speculating, so I will throw my 2 cents worth in:

I think that disney knows we love the bubble, and we love DME. Therefore, they will reintroduce the ME, BUT there will be a charge for it specifically, not included in the hotel room. Maybe? Maybe not? We will see.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I probably would too but I’d likely take that money from somewhere else in my trip like stay one less night or do one less splurge meal etc. The buck only goes so far..
Yes I hear you.....meanwhile my disneyreward VISA dollars keep accruing to help offset future trip stuff..... just make it easy to get there and back, it is priceless and we took it for granted in part, but it was part of the magic of staying on site....I don't miss rental cars and offsite days......sigh.

lazyboy97o

We are all speculating, so I will throw my 2 cents worth in:

I think that disney knows we love the bubble, and we love DME. Therefore, they will reintroduce the ME, BUT there will be a charge for it specifically, not included in the hotel room. Maybe? Maybe not? We will see.
So why not just announce that now? It’s not like Disney is worried about charging for something that was previously included like hotel parking and MagicBands.

seabreezept813

Yes I hear you.....meanwhile my disneyreward VISA dollars keep accruing to help offset future trip stuff..... just make it easy to get there and back, it is priceless and we took it for granted in part, but it was part of the magic of staying on site....I don't miss rental cars and offsite days......sigh.
O I hear you. My vacation account is also holding steady. But I see it more as spend the same on Disney and hubby and I can plan a few days in the Caribbean the next year. Btw Disney visa kind of sucks for points. I switched to Chase sapphire and get more reward dollars, which still go towards things like a future Disney trip I just take out the cash or put it toward flights. It took me much longer to accrue points with the Disney visa.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
O I hear you. My vacation account is also holding steady. But I see it more as spend the same on Disney and hubby and I can plan a few days in the Caribbean the next year. Btw Disney visa kind of sucks for points. I switched to Chase sapphire and get more reward dollars, which still go towards things like a future Disney trip I just take out the cash or put it toward flights. It took me much longer to accrue points with the Disney visa.
Will have to look at that I have the one that I thought gave me 3% for gas and grocery, restaurant purchases and when I got it they gave me 5% for 90 days.....I have the premier, and it gave me twice the points, which to me was worth the 49$ a year.....but Chase is chase, so maybe I will check that out......I rather like have cinderellas castle on my card too.....:angelic:. I can use disney dollars for airline too!

I would have $1800 on it but splurged and got self Cinderella's Lego Castle with reward points through Disney Store. :D Thought it would make a good therapy project this winter.....something to look forward to even if it is not a WDW trip....;)

Last edited:

unmitigated disaster

If they require reservations they would be able to use the size they need when they need it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom