Old Magic Bands

arich35

Original Poster
So I see my wife's and I's magic bands from Dec 19 under "Manage Magicbands or Cards"
Do we need to do anything for them to work right when we get there? Will they automatically be linked to the reservation? I am not seeing a way to link them otherwise.

Thanks!

MovieFan28

apparently, they work the same as the new ones from what I've heard. You should be fine as long as it's linked to the account/tickets your using.

nickys

Premium Member
Hi, does anyone know how long the battery in old Magic bands works? I have a few from 3 - 7 year range. Thank you!
They will work for tapping in, opening your room, hanging etc more or less for ever, since those al,use the RFID technology. The battery is only needed for the on-ride photos & videos, plus the stuff like your name appearing at the start / end of rides. Shelf life is somewhere around 2 years I think.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Hi, does anyone know how long the battery in old Magic bands works? I have a few from 3 - 7 year range. Thank you!
I think I’ve typically seen 2 years mentioned for longer distance (picking up a signal for ride photos and such), but should work indefinitely for direct contact stuff (like tapping in at entry or fast passes) kind of like a credit card chip.

Personally, I’ve felt them get spotty after a year or so, frequently missing ride photos and such, which leads me to believe that their signals may weaken over time before they are out of battery entirely and some of the commemorative ones I’ve gotten may have been sitting for a few months before I purchased them.

If ride photos are something you care about, what I do is wear whatever band I want on my wrist and then loop whatever my newest one is on my key ring as small as it will go (usually the free one with resort check in). That way you can wear your favorite, but also have some comfort that you’ve got one with a strong signal in your pocket or bag that will be less likely to miss linking to the photo sensors and such. (You can also replace the old pucks with new ones if you have a tiny screwdriver and prefer that method!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom