News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

TrainsOfDisney

It's wild how much some of these drivers openly talk about their lives to people they will never see again.
It’s wild how much an Uber driver talking seems to upset some people.

It would be possible to run additional trains just between Walt Disney World and the airport.

Yes! Ideally there would be a separate platform for Disney trains only and it would basically run just like the Airports Peoplemover. Depart ever 30 minutes or so.

wedenterprises

Could this be a weird move to put pressure on making the railroad a real thing, or is it already pretty much guaranteed?
Interesting point. There's gotta be more behind this announcement. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see Disney release more details this week. The comments in the Parks Blog are hilariously negative. If there's any sense to this, they may want to communicate it asap.

bcoachable

In case you wanted to bowse the Disney Blog comments. Fans are really letting em have it:

Comments

I am taken back that no one is scrubbing these.... would they have let people respond this way in the past??

Has Disney lost it's way a little bit? Have the fans had enough of the price increases minus the "Magic"?
Tune in next week to "MandOrlando: Rise of the Fan Base"

Surferboy567

In case you wanted to bowse the Disney Blog comments. Fans are really letting em have it:

Comments

I am taken back that no one is scrubbing these.... would they have let people respond this way in the past??

Has Disney lost it's way a little bit? Have the fans had enough of the price increases minus the "Magic"?
Wow, I didn’t take a look at the comments prior to seeing this post. Those are really bad, they have to have a moderation team...right?

Side Note: People really don’t seem that broken up about losing Extra Magic Hours which I find very surprising.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I recently made a comment on a different DPB and it immediately appeared. It seems the waiting period for it to be approved by someone isn't in place.

Not to mention an imagineer made the post and not one of the PR people.

Last edited:

TTLUTS

Wow, I didn’t take a look at the comments prior to seeing this post. Those are really bad, they have to have a moderation team...right?

Side Note: People really don’t seem that broken up about losing Extra Magic Hours which I find very surprising.
Day guests and AP/non resort guests should be very upset (i just dont think it has sunk in yet)..........Those guests can no longer rope drop at any park on any day...........

I wonder if this will affect AP sales knowing you can never rope drop again

Surferboy567

Day guests and AP/non resort guests should be very upset (i just dont think it has sunk in yet)..........Those guests can no longer rope drop at any park on any day...........

I wonder if this will affect AP sales knowing you can never rope drop again
Considering they aren’t really selling AP’s right now it probably doesn‘t matter much. I didn’t think about the inability to rope drop. That is a huge game changer and sure to anger lots of people. The more you think about it the worse this announcement seems.

Disstevefan1

Comments

Good! It’s important Everbody sees this. (Not that Disney is going to do anything about it) but still it’s good it’s not scrubbed.

Perhaps by not scrubbing these comments it’s Disney’s way of saying “We will do whatever we want and you will complain but you will still come, see ya real soon.”

Surferboy567

EMH at least got a replacement of value. We can argue as to which version is better (depends on the person) but it wasn't a straight removal of a perk.
It isn’t really a replacement of value though. Sure, they didn’t eradicate the idea completely but, 30 minutes isn’t the same as one hour more in the morning or evening. Sometimes it was even more then an hour.

Also, if memory serves wasn’t the studios ALREADY DOING THIS and opening up an HOUR early. To accommodate the early risers to ride Rise of the Resistance. I think when I was there last January (pre-COVID) they did that.

Sir_Cliff

EMH at least got a replacement of value. We can argue as to which version is better (depends on the person) but it wasn't a straight removal of a perk.
I also think the news has just been eclipsed by the elimination of DME as something that obviously had become integral to the WDW experience for many people. Kind of like if they announced they were closing Animal Kingdom and also the monorail.

I'd be interested to know if Disney is taken aback by the massively negative reaction.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom