Rumor 40% Capacity Soon? What if I Told You That We’re Already There

seascape

Studios is in an especially weird spot because it just doesn’t have enough space. They really need to stop increasing its capacity.
Going from North to South, Tower’s been getting increasingly unreliable (it’s been running on half capacity so frequently how it’s not even funny), but at full cap it’s currently established extended queue lasts about 80 min.
RnRc’s recent downtime didn’t help anything, but for the most part it’s been one of the park’s best case scenarios, with its max line being just shy of an hour.
MMRR was already addressed.
TSM has the blessing of Pixar Place to fill queue (still tops out at ~30-40 min.
Slinky, when stretched to Animation Courtyard, is usually just over one hour.
Aliens can’t get higher than 20 min before they cap the line to let it die down.
Falcon’s extended queue plan is absolutely crazy (it can go all the way to Grand Ave), but even that is only about 90-100 min. (By TSL is just over 1 hr).
Finally, Star Tours is 30 minutes once it’s on Grand Ave.

They are just in a really bad situation, and DAK also struggles with Kilimanjaro and Everest (their actual queues even when using FotLK and Nemo, respectively), not being able to hold more than 30 min.
Space is available if they expand into the parking lot behind the Indy stunt show. They could also build a transportation system from Galaxy Edge to another planet on the otherside of World Drive.

djkidkaz

Yesterday (January 4) at Disney's Hollywood Studios was its usual crowded self, but even more so. Based on other recent trips, the increase from 35% to 40% is believable.

View attachment 522478View attachment 522479
View attachment 522480
View attachment 522481
View attachment 522482
View attachment 522483
View attachment 522484

You have to remember there are a lot of shows that aren't running that would normally be eating up a lot of these people. Take a huge chunk of them and put them in the shows as well as queueing for the following show and you would wipe out a large chunk of guests walking around.

Magic Feather

Space is available if they expand into the parking lot behind the Indy stunt show. They could also build a transportation system from Galaxy Edge to another planet on the otherside of World Drive.
Space shortage at Studios is a short term issue, not a long term one. Disney needs to increase capacity in the park without increasing the number of people allowed in.

SamusAranX

It's times like these I am glad I opted into a pass refund.

The photos are disheartening. But, the masks definitely mitigate some. i am seeing more and more accounts of groups indoors who didn't contract COVID as they all wore masks.

TrainsOfDisney

It's times like these I am glad I opted into a pass refund.

The photos are disheartening. But, the masks definitely mitigate some. i am seeing more and more accounts of groups indoors who didn't contract COVID as they all wore masks.
I wish I had asked for the refund now. Partly it was too depressing to ask for the refund, and partly I figured it would calm down by Christmas... little did I know.

If I lived closer I would pop over to epcot to listen to the entertainment... but I have 0 desire to visit studios right now and very little desire for MK with those crowds and bottlenecks.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
This evening at MK was pleasant, steady stream of guests leaving from about 4 til 6, park was much more akin to November/Early December. Wait times steadily decreased as well once Space came off 101.

I did notice a lot more cavalier distancing between groups, especially in switchbacks. More eating/drinking in queues also. Fatigue has been settling in, and this may be my last visit for awhile.

Festival of the Arts begins tomorrow :)

TrojanUSC

The parks were far busier last week than I'd seen in a while. The most staggering thing to me during my visit, though, was how little Disney is nudging their operating participants at Disney Springs and elsewhere to follow their own health & safety model. Some restaurants have you packed in tighter than the pre-COVID era and it's genuinely dangerous.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
For key rides like Big Thunder, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Expedition Everest, recent posted wait times are roughly double the actual waits. So a posted wait of 60 is an actual of 30.
While that was true today, it was not true Sunday through Tuesday, except for Soarin.

Kobe!!

My big fear is that they won't have the operational staff to run attractions at full capacity with the increase in attendance. Length of the line doesn't bother me so much as the actual wait time. It seems like times are getting longer and longer despite the supposed 40%. These wait times are entering prepandemic level that had a much bigger attendance. Anybody think that this is a slight concern for things moving forward as we someday approach "normalcy"?
Can any CM's comment on if they have been getting more hours to work in the last week / upcoming week...

Kobe!!

Just a random musing. Can anyone here envision a day where the only way you'll be able to get into a park is if you stay on-property? Seems to me 35,000 room nights at an average of 3.5/per room equates to 122k Guests. The 4 parks max out at about 320k. Which would work out to ~ 38% (assuming 100% occupancy)
You can't have half a person... lol

Pretty sure your numbers are way off as well.

Kobe!!

At DAK this afternoon
EE 45 min posted, actual 14
Safari 50 min posted, actual 33
FOP 60 min posted, actual 40 min

Yesterday at DHS in the late afternoon
Slinky 60 min posted, actual 32
TSMM 35 posted, actual 21
MMRR 60 posted, actual 44
You do realize wait times are always inflated... if you're in line waiting for a ride they are losing money from you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom