Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

techgeek

Interesting choice seeing as that park seems to have no trouble drawing crowds right now. Would be a great way to add capacity though. As for the chaos at exiting they’ll have to get creative with multiple exits as you cannot trust guests to maintain space in a situation like this.

I’m not sold on the idea of a nighttime only show adding any functional capacity. The big crunch at the studios seems to be noon-2pm. Adding Indy back in would help that, for instance. The only thing F! is really good for from an operational sense is to get guests to extend their day, so maybe this (if true) has something to do with park hopping returning and giving some reason for guests not to hop out of the studios.

castlecake2.0

I’m not sold on the idea of a nighttime only show adding any functional capacity. The big crunch at the studios seems to be noon-2pm. Adding Indy back in would help that, for instance. The only thing F! is really good for from an operational sense is to get guests to extend their day, so maybe this (if true) has something to do with park hopping returning and giving some reason for guests not to hop out of the studios.
That’s true, I wonder how much attendance falls after people ride ROTR, and this is a way to keep people already in the park longer, or to attract people over at the end of the night. I’m sure somebody somewhere has concluded that the cost of running the show will be made up by food/bev/merch sales. I also wonder what guest satisfaction scores have looked like at the park since reopening and maybe this is part of it as well.

seascape

Interesting choice seeing as that park seems to have no trouble drawing crowds right now. Would be a great way to add capacity though. As for the chaos at exiting they’ll have to get creative with multiple exits as you cannot trust guests to maintain space in a situation like this.
The first nighttime spectacular in Disneyland was added because Walt wanted to keep people in the park to eat and buy things. This will accomplish the same thing. More people will stay and eat dinner and buy stuff in the stores. Disney does a great job of letting my wife shop and spend money.

mm52200

Wow! That would be amazing.

But the cast and crew for Fantasmic were decimated in the cuts, as were the entire entertainment section, and WDW have a skeleton technical team right now. So are Disney re-hiring already for this?
Most of them are still on furlough, took a transfer, or like you said laid off. But there are enough still waiting to be called back to work in general or called to return to their original role.

nickys

Premium Member
Most of them are still on furlough, took a transfer, or like you said laid off. But there are enough still waiting to be called back to work in general or called to return to their original role.
If they are on furlough that’s great. But I know several of our “insiders” here talked of 90% cuts to the technical crews, which doesn’t sound like furlough status to me. Hopefully many of the Fantasmic crew will be called back though.

mm52200

If they are on furlough that’s great. But I know several of our “insiders” here talked of 90% cuts to the technical crews, which doesn’t sound like furlough status to me. Hopefully many of the Fantasmic crew will be called back though.
That percent isn’t really true, it’s a little more complicated. All part time were laid off, but the entertainment techs didn’t have many part time. Then full time after a certain seniority date were forced to take a transfer or lay off, with the rest above that date remaining on furlough. So it just depends how many voluntarily took the layoff.

nickys

Premium Member
That percent isn’t really true, it’s a little more complicated. All part time were laid off, but the entertainment techs didn’t have many part time. Then full time after a certain seniority date were forced to take a transfer or lay off, with the rest above that date remaining on furlough. So it just depends how many voluntarily took the layoff.
Ah, thanks. That’s actually a far more positive picture of the situation than I had imagined.

mattpeto

With F! coming back, what about the credible rumor that said two nighttime spectaculars would be cut?

Already losing Rivers of Light, this means it's either HEA (too new) or EF (does cutting that really count, it was a billed as a temp show). One of the lesser shows? (OUAT, SWAGSF, etc) - shouldn't count.

Or maybe the rumor was wrong. That's where I'm at.

wdwfan22

It seems strange that FANTASMIC would be the first nighttime spectacular to be brought back. It will be impossible to social distance when entering and exiting the theater. Guests also move around during the show. Seems like a mistake to me. Unless they are desperate to keep people in that park. I would have rather seen Epcot have a nighttime show instead as there is plenty of room to social distance. It would also be nice if we could have Fantasy in the Sky return as it can be viewed from anywhere in the park.

jrhwdw

With F! coming back, what about the credible rumor that said two nighttime spectaculars would be cut?

Already losing Rivers of Light, this means it's either HEA (too new) or EF (does cutting that really count, it was a billed as a temp show). One of the lesser shows? (OUAT, SWAGSF, etc) - shouldn't count.

Or maybe the rumor was wrong. That's where I'm at.
Not what I would do(I would have kept everything) but I can see EF dead. That means Epcot will be the last Park to get pyro back besides Harm. Testing. We all think Harm won't beat F! if F! by Feb is true. I'm assuming Harm won't beat HEA either

I CAN'T SEE Mk Dark until Oct 1st/50th!! And you can't do Holiday Projections with Pyro Shots every 15 min Jan 1st -Sep 30th so, IDK what MK is planning for the new year? PTN Cavalcades? LOL! That would certainly ease our minds about the 50th when COVID allows it!

Wonder why TDO is aiming for F! when we all think WSL would be a better choice right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom