'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

Tori

Nemo and FotLK are as essential to my daily AK experience as Everest and FOP. The only thing I put higher on my must do’s is the Safari. I adore both those shows and feel it’s the best daytime entertainment Disney provides at both US resorts.

I agree.

With out these shows I really have no reason to visit DAK.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I know it's not axed yet but I hope it's part of the larger Dinoland USA overhaul. Doesn't/Didn't really fit anyway.

Cmdr_Crimson

I know it's not axed yet but I hope it's part of the larger Dinoland USA overhaul. Doesn't/Didn't really fit anyway.
Supposedly, since the theater was a part of the Dino Institute and was used for symposiums by the institute for their excavation findings. Which is why the logo is there and is the other part of Dinoland...See, more to the story than you knew..
hqdefault.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Supposedly, since the theater was a part of the Dino Institute and was used for symposiums by the institute for their excavation findings. Which is why the logo is there and is the other part of Dinoland...See, more to the story than you knew..
hqdefault.jpg
And here I was thinking the whole weak sauce, convoluted Dino Institute backstory ended with DinoRama. That's hilarious. Such a poorly-concieved land. Terrible.

It wouldn't take much to keep the redeeming attractions ( dig site + countdown) and rework the rest. A coaster on the Nemo site would work wonders.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Very surprising how much people like this show. I preferred the jungle book, or even Tarzan Rocks.
God no, those are nowhere near the quality of Nemo the Musical.

Nemo and Lion King are the closest things to broadway-level one-acts Disney World has ever gotten.... MAAAYBE including Hunchback in there.

WondersOfLife

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I didn't care for Tarzan Rocks, but love Nemo. I find Nemo to be the best stage musical Disney does. I don't get all the love for Festival of the Lion King. The Lion King show could be so much better if they used more of the Broadway Show's numbers and cut out the cheesy audience participation crap that isn't entertaining.
Same, I never got the love for Lion King... Especially since a good chunk of the show is just the audience make animal noises. But, I will say, it IS a GOOD show. I'm a theatre kid, and I've seen countless of Broadway shows in my lifetime, live. Nothing tops Nemo in my opinion as far as the music, execution, and acting. It's not just a concert with songs. It's an actual show with a story.

I absolutely loathed Tarzan Rocks when I was a kid. It was so boring to me. And honestly, if a kid can't be entertained just as much as an adult, then, being Disney, they have missed the mark. Shows should be entertaining for all ages.

WondersOfLife

I sort of wish they could re-locate Nemo the Musical somehow next to The Seas at Epcot. Boy would that bring some life to that section of the park. Epcot needs a good live show. And since Nemo already has it's own whole aquarium, that'd fit perfectly, and would probably bring some life/people back into the aquarium.

TrainsOfDisney

I sort of wish they could re-locate Nemo the Musical somehow next to The Seas at Epcot. Boy would that bring some life to that section of the park. Epcot needs a good live show. And since Nemo already has it's own whole aquarium, that'd fit perfectly, and would probably bring some life/people back into the aquarium.
Agreed. Ideally they’d have a better and higher capacity version of the crush coaster in that area as well.

WondersOfLife

My biggest problem with Nemo is the seating is horribly uncomfortable for such a long show.
I absolutely agree with this. Whoever designed the benches for this theatre should have definitely been fired. They’re absolutely terrible, and it can truly affect how much you enjoy the show sometimes. Depending on what’s happening during the day.

Basil of Baker Street

I absolutely agree with this. Whoever designed the benches for this theatre should have definitely been fired. They’re absolutely terrible, and it can truly affect how much you enjoy the show sometimes. Depending on what’s happening during the day.
That’s why the Hyperion shows get the win for me for “closest to broadway” - sitting on a bench seat in a metal box is not a broadway experience.
Yep. i can sit through just about anything if I'm comfortable. Especially if I've been on my feet all day at Disney. Nemo was a good show, but it was hard to sit through on those benches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom