2020-Gaming discussion

Mike S

This guy is a piece of work.

Meh.

I just play because it’s fun. If I actually cared enough to get angry about what people said or do that run businesses I’d have to avoid pretty much everything and just live in the woods. They’ve all got skeletons. Trust me. It is a bad take but for me it’s easy to move on. Just the type of guy I am.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I guess I have been doing this for so long, since Atari, I think it's pretty normal. I really can't remember a major console launch that hasn't been kinda crummy. There always seems to be issues of some sort. I think my biggest issue with system launches is the artificial demand. All the companies know, it's better to sell out and have ticked off fans. Rather than having enough and having systems sitting around. So keep that supply down so you can say "our system sold out in minutes!" Nintendo is the king at this, but they all do it. So I'm a 9 to 12 months after launch kind of guy.

The new consoles are terrible this time though. They are never in stock and if they are online they are gone in seconds because of bots. Unless your lucky or incredibly driven the odds are against you. Also noticed a huge line at my Best Buy, I go there and its a line for PS5's, I'm getting to old to figure out how people divine how to get this info when they get new stock these days.

Its also bad on the PC side, both Nvidia and AMD graphic card launches have been deplorable as has the new Ryzen cpu's and we all should refuse to pay ransom from scalpers.

On a brighter note, AC Valhalla has been a blast, I'm enjoying the hell out of it, Its a little grindy, thats a legit complaint but I'm loving the story composition and how it relates to the series. Still only at 20% but I really haven't played much.

Some good Black Friday deals to add to my huge backlog, great Switch discounts on Nintendo first party games which just don't happen often so I'm picking up what I can.

Have a great holiday everyone, be healthy be safe!

erasure fan1

The new consoles are terrible this time though. They are never in stock and if they are online they are gone in seconds because of bots. Unless your lucky or incredibly driven the odds are against you.
The resellers are a huge problem for sure. Everyone now is trying to make that quick buck from price gauging. The new xbox is being listed for a grand to $1500. People see this, then say, I want some of that! Of course no one really bothers to check that they aren't really selling at that price. That's why I just wish the video game companies would just hold off till you have enough to meet demand. It's all about the social media headlines. It's a shame, but that's why I wait.

Voxel

President of Progress City
The new consoles are terrible this time though. They are never in stock and if they are online they are gone in seconds because of bots. Unless your lucky or incredibly driven the odds are against you. Also noticed a huge line at my Best Buy, I go there and its a line for PS5's, I'm getting to old to figure out how people divine how to get this info when they get new stock these days.

Its also bad on the PC side, both Nvidia and AMD graphic card launches have been deplorable as has the new Ryzen cpu's and we all should refuse to pay ransom from scalpers.

On a brighter note, AC Valhalla has been a blast, I'm enjoying the hell out of it, Its a little grindy, thats a legit complaint but I'm loving the story composition and how it relates to the series. Still only at 20% but I really haven't played much.

Some good Black Friday deals to add to my huge backlog, great Switch discounts on Nintendo first party games which just don't happen often so I'm picking up what I can.

Have a great holiday everyone, be healthy be safe!
I got luckily to score my PS5 in the original batch of preorders. But agreed its been a pain. I got tired of waiting for the 3080 so I bought a 2070 super and started the Step Up process for EVGA. Atleast I know I'm in line for a 3080.

erasure fan1

Fortnite’s Galactus event was freaking amazing.

While I am not a huge battle royal guy. Heck, I wouldn't even say I'm a fan of online shooters. I will say that Fortnite is one I do play a bit because they do a real nice job on the live events and updates. Galactus was pretty cool.

Mike S

While I am not a huge battle royal guy. Heck, I wouldn't even say I'm a fan of online shooters. I will say that Fortnite is one I do play a bit because they do a real nice job on the live events and updates. Galactus was pretty cool.
Doing a Star Wars style trench run with AC/DC blasting was one of the most epic things I’ve done in a video game 👍

Mike S

This season of Fortnite is all about hunters and PlayStation has done the unthinkable.
EoQSbyPXEAMV1ze.0.jpg

Your move Nintendo. Give me Samus and I’ll finally have a female skin I’ll want to use.

Or Link. Either/or is fine.

Mike S

Bringing Samus to Fortnite would be a smart move. For that reason I don’t expect Nintendo to do it lol
It’s a give and take with them. They do really smart things and then turn around and do dumb things. You never know and that’s why they’re the kings of left field.

erasure fan1

It’s a give and take with them. They do really smart things and then turn around and do dumb things. You never know and that’s why they’re the kings of left field.
Yea, Nintendo just does Nintendo. They just do whatever they want. I love the fact that they didn't allow Mario in a Pixar film, one of the all time premiere animation studios. But yea, go ahead with Mario and sonic at the Olympics? They've always been a bit off, but they just do their thing and keep chugging along. I think the super Nintendo world is probably one of the smartest decisions they have made in a long time.

Mike S

As if we needed any more evidence of the great divide between actual gamers and “game journalists,” see CyberPunk 2077. Last of Us 2 is sure to sweep tonight as well though it didn’t win Player’s Voice ;)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
As if we needed any more evidence of the great divide between actual gamers and “game journalists,” see CyberPunk 2077. Last of Us 2 is sure to sweep tonight as well though it didn’t win Player’s Voice ;)

Yeah, I saw that nonsense. Even though Cyberpunk shouldn't even be nominated for anything considering it came out TODAY, TLOU2 is gonna win whatever because "omgz mah diversity in gaming".

PopCentury

I haven’t played or plan on playing cyberpunk but from what people are saying about it technically... what a joke.

I knew something was up after reviewers got the codes late and it was only pc codes.

How does a game get a 90 average score when it doesn’t run well

Mike S

Yeah, I saw that nonsense. Even though Cyberpunk shouldn't even be nominated for anything considering it came out TODAY, TLOU2 is gonna win whatever because "omgz mah diversity in gaming".
Which I find hilarious because getting behind Ghost of Tsushima like gamers did would accomplish the exact same end goal and as a bonus that game seems to actually be good. Did you also see how hard the media went for TLoU 2 because a new 15 second trailer came out a few days ago? 🤣
I haven’t played or plan on playing cyberpunk but from what people are saying about it technically... what a joke.

I knew something was up after reviewers got the codes late and it was only pc codes.

How does a game get a 90 average score when it doesn’t run well
The glitches and bugs aren’t what I was referring to but apparently Witcher 3 was buggy too and they fixed it pretty soon after launch. I’m not condoning that practice as I think games should work from day 1 but sadly it is what it is. Especially after all these delays it makes you wonder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom