Need help with Digital Check-In

aladdin2007

My biggest gripe (as I'm sure it was also @CAV 's and others whose complaints I have read) is the ATTITUDE of the CMs manning the entrances. They are arrogant, unyielding and dismissive.....a far cry from the usual friendly and patient demeanor CMs usually display. This is "bad show" for all guests who don't know how to - or can't - mobile order.

In my experience an MDE error was considered to be a "user error" first, not an app glitch. Condescending tones from CMs are not appreciated when mobile ordering is stressful even under the best conditions.

could not agree more, I am tired of the eye roll with this from cast, if Disney wants the money they can just fine well check us in. Not only check in but when we ask for a paper menu,,more eye rolling like its the end of the world. the whole situation is a turn off. So many times when we go to check in the horrible app says get closer to the restaurant. Yet we are in the restaurant and it will not work!! we decided were done trying anymore, for now on its straight to the host stand and if any sort of questioning starts like its a problem then its time for a manager. This has been getting worse as of recent. We have been finding much better and nicer treatment about this at third party restaurants on property (except for raglan road, refused to give us any kind of menu), but those directly of Disneys management in the parks and resorts have been the most terrible about it.........and as a side note shopping is becoming the same way, nothing to do with app or menus or course but are they timing you now? I was leisurely looking around in one today holding a couple of small items while still browsing and a castmember comes up and says are you ready to check out? like they want me out of there,,,I dont know what disney is telling their cast but something has changed and not for the better.

nickys

Premium Member
could not agree more, I am tired of the eye roll with this from cast, if Disney wants the money they can just fine well check us in. Not only check in but when we ask for a paper menu,,more eye rolling like its the end of the world. the whole situation is a turn off. So many times when we go to check in the horrible app says get closer to the restaurant. Yet we are in the restaurant and it will not work!! we decided were done trying anymore, for now on its straight to the host stand and if any sort of questioning starts like its a problem then its time for a manager. This has been getting worse as of recent. We have been finding much better and nicer treatment about this at third party restaurants on property (except for raglan road, refused to give us any kind of menu), but those directly of Disneys management in the parks and resorts have been the most terrible about it.........and as a side note shopping is becoming the same way, nothing to do with app or menus or course but are they timing you now? I was leisurely looking around in one today holding a couple of small items while still browsing and a castmember comes up and says are you ready to check out? like they want me out of there,,,I dont know what disney is telling their cast but something has changed and not for the better.

I agree that the attitude of CMs like that sucks.

And like you I wouldn’t stand for it either. “ I have an ADR, my phone won’t let me check-in. I would like to speak to the manager” would be my line as soon as a CM started being obstructive. Repeated calmly until they complied. Same for mobile ordering.

CAV

I agree that the attitude of CMs like that sucks.

And like you I wouldn’t stand for it either. “ I have an ADR, my phone won’t let me check-in. I would like to speak to the manager” would be my line as soon as a CM started being obstructive. Repeated calmly until they complied. Same for mobile ordering.
Thats all fine and well. But at that point, any chance of enjoying an overpriced meal just went out the door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom