News Park hopping to return January 1st 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What is sensible? Park hopping? Because that's what the thread is about.

Your response to me seemed tried to imply I was lacking common sense in traveling right now (I'm not). Which actually had nothing to do with what I was posting about.
I was happy about parking hopping, teased you guys for being cranky about it and then you guys turned it into something weird.

Just another day on the internet! :D

Are you park hopping in the target down the street?

On a travel site - it all involves traveling, does it not?

Most of ‘Merica is concerned about the health crisis right now...as it should be. May not be the best topic to broach with the “i was only kidding!” Tact...today at least

DisneyNittany

Most of ‘Merica is concerned about the health crisis right now...as it should be. May not be the best topic to broach with the “i was only kidding!” Tact...today at least

Well, Fauci just confirmed that Santa Claus is immune from the virus. So, if we can just capture that sonuvabitch and extract those antigens we'll be good to go.

Ldno

I have the same concern. I think the reservation system gives them data and control they only hoped FP+ would give them.
It worked perfectly on my last trip, did not make me miss fastpass. Given that notion Park Hopping is a whole different beast I rather avoid since I don’t take breaks and I feel you waste more time going in between parks, with that said, I feel a lot of changes are permanent that go hand in hand with the layoffs since Disney is realizing they can run the parks with minimal staff, no student exchange program( I completely forgot about this and started talking to a world showcase cast member in their native language) and looked at me funny, then saw their state Side tag. Lolol

Sucks locking you out of Rise of the Resistance, so I feel this is geared towards Epcot and Animal Kingdom more than anything. You can completely ride everything in less than 4 hours sooooooo

JFP

What is sensible? Park hopping? Because that's what the thread is about.

Your response to me seemed tried to imply I was lacking common sense in traveling right now (I'm not). Which actually had nothing to do with what I was posting about.
I was happy about parking hopping, teased you guys for being cranky about it and then you guys turned it into something weird.

Just another day on the internet! :D
Nailed it......just a matter of time before this thread gets hijacked. Cheers to the Park Hopper coming back! With less to see in each park (even on a shorter day) Park Hopping makes sense to me!

dreday3

What on earth are you talking about? Seriously. Is this a riddle?
I had fun with people for being pessimistic about park hopping. That's it. Sorry you can't take it? Thought it was just in good fun, people do that here. I was wrong...

Why are you accusing me of not caring about the pandemic? I'm happy about park hopping that's it. Point ANY post I've made that says otherwise.

What is wrong with you? Stop.
This is bordering on idiotic at this point and not amusing anymore.

I'll just disengage from thread.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

I had fun with people for being pessimistic about park hopping. That's it. Sorry you can't take it? Thought it was just in good fun, people do that here. I was wrong...

Why are you accusing me of not caring about the pandemic? I'm happy about park hopping that's it. Point ANY post I've made that says otherwise.

I agree dreday3! It was so nice to read your original post about park hopping. Thanks for that.
I hate to see things go to hateful, sarcastic comments on here.
I am happy about park hopping returning, in any form, right now. It was one of the things we like about disney - being able to go to another park whenever the urge takes hold. We don't plan the evenings, afternoons, and just go where we want to go in that time each day, at least before this pandemic.
Are there going to be snafus? Sure, but I would bet that disney has anticipated most of them and will work them out.
I don't care about all of that!
Disney is opening up more, with park hopping and opening more restaurants. Soon, I would bet other resorts will open up. All of this leads to opening up of JOBS for those who are laid off, which will be about time!.
So, I see this as a step in the right direction, and I am happy about it, too. No questions, no deep thinking, just going to enjoy it.

Disstevefan1

"Starting Jan. 1, you can do something you haven’t done at Disney World since the pandemic reopening: Visit two theme parks in one day.

Disney is bringing back a modified park hopper option that requires visitors to make reservations for their first park and physically go to that park. At 2 p.m., however, they can head to any other Disney park for the rest of the day until that park closes without needing a second reservation.

“As we continue to operate in a responsible way, we are reintroducing the Park Hopper option so our guests have the opportunity to see and do more during their visit while we manage attendance and foster physical distancing,” Disney spokeswoman Erica Ettori said.

It’s a major step in Disney’s phased-in reopening. The turnstiles first began turning again in mid-July, and guests were allowed to visit one park a day as long as they snagged advance reservations first.

Park hopping will be available for passholders and ticket-holders who have that option on their plans. Disney has been selling tickets with the park hopper option to prepare for the change.

If all the daily reservations are already booked for Hollywood Studios, home to Disney’s newest rides, a person could visit later in the afternoon. Or someone waking up early to ride attractions at Magic Kingdom could head to Epcot afterward and grab dinner or a drink.
Disney plans to advise visitors to check DisneyWorld.com/ParkHours and My Disney Experience app for the most updated Park Hopper hours next year in case later the park hoping hours start earlier than 2 p.m., depending on the day and park."

YaY?

Disstevefan1

"Starting Jan. 1, you can do something you haven’t done at Disney World since the pandemic reopening: Visit two theme parks in one day.

Disney is bringing back a modified park hopper option that requires visitors to make reservations for their first park and physically go to that park. At 2 p.m., however, they can head to any other Disney park for the rest of the day until that park closes without needing a second reservation.

“As we continue to operate in a responsible way, we are reintroducing the Park Hopper option so our guests have the opportunity to see and do more during their visit while we manage attendance and foster physical distancing,” Disney spokeswoman Erica Ettori said.

It’s a major step in Disney’s phased-in reopening. The turnstiles first began turning again in mid-July, and guests were allowed to visit one park a day as long as they snagged advance reservations first.

Park hopping will be available for passholders and ticket-holders who have that option on their plans. Disney has been selling tickets with the park hopper option to prepare for the change.

If all the daily reservations are already booked for Hollywood Studios, home to Disney’s newest rides, a person could visit later in the afternoon. Or someone waking up early to ride attractions at Magic Kingdom could head to Epcot afterward and grab dinner or a drink.
Disney plans to advise visitors to check DisneyWorld.com/ParkHours and My Disney Experience app for the most updated Park Hopper hours next year in case later the park hoping hours start earlier than 2 p.m., depending on the day and park."

Oh, I get it, they are adding feature to support the new versions of WDW APs that will require park reservations..

eliza61nyc

Okay.

I don't understand how bringing something back that a lot of us were going to greatly miss is "pointless", but that's for you all to discuss. I'll just being my corner...being thrilled... :D
lol move over, i'll join ya. I really don't care if it's "pointless" for disney. we weren't going unless park hopping was allowed. now I'll book my September vacation easily

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I'll just disengage from thread.

Are you done?

Did the pearls taste good?

You complain about me going “of course” by going completely of course. Agree to disagree.

dreday3

I'm legitimately so confused. How is this not a good thing? Granted that for many people this either makes no difference or doesn't particularly help their concerns, but I'm confused as to how it is bad. Even a slight improvement over the current circumstances is progress in the right direction.

Take my advice and back out of this thread slowly.... ;) 😀

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm legitimately so confused. How is this not a good thing? Granted that for many people this either makes no difference or doesn't particularly help their concerns, but I'm confused as to how it is bad. Even a slight improvement over the current circumstances is progress in the right direction.

It’s a “good” thing. It’s just the overall state of travel is not.

But it’s a step that may need further modification later if and when real crowds resume. We just don’t know at this point.

UNCgolf

Yeah, I understand. That is the way I used to do it all the time. It was Park Hopper or bust for us :joyfull:. Recently (pre-covid too) we rather enjoy taking our time in the parks, strolling through areas we would otherwise rush past to hit ADR's/fastpasses/etc. So the value didn't really exist anymore for us, so we just do one a day now.

We typically do one park a day for four days (again, except maybe DHS -- there's just so little there now) and then do more hopping on the remaining days.

There are a lot of rides I don't care about, so I usually have plenty of time for leisurely strolling around!

Last edited:

techgeek

From a certain point of view, it could be noted that allowing park hopping is a tacit acknowledgement from Disney that they are not getting the overall attendance they can accommodate with current capacity limits in place. Park hopping wasn’t exactly supposed to return this soon in the reopening plan, by many opinions. It’s not like it would be if it was accompanied by an announcement of 50% capacity and the return of entertainment and fireworks.

It’s important to keep a perspective that by almost any objective metric, the sky is still very much falling when it comes to tourism and Orlando.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
From a certain point of view, it could be noted that allowing park hopping is a tacit acknowledgement from Disney that they are not getting the overall attendance they can accommodate with current capacity limits in place. Park hopping wasn’t exactly supposed to return this soon in the reopening plan, by many opinions. It’s not like it would be if it was accompanied by an announcement of 50% capacity and the return of entertainment and fireworks.

It’s important to keep a perspective that by almost any objective metric, the sky is still very much falling when it comes to tourism and Orlando.

That is EXACTLY what it is.

It’s a move that reflects lack of demand and diminished attendance...which is bad for money...which is bad for them...which is bad for us.

Then you continue to turn...to covid...covid restrictions...travel...economics.

This isn’t hard. I’m glad some people can hop...but it’s not a monumentous development.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

That is EXACTLY what it is.

It’s a move that reflects lack of demand and diminished attendance...which is bad for money...which is bad for them...which is bad for us.

Then you continue to turn...to covid...covid restrictions...travel...economics.

This isn’t hard. I’m glad some people can hop...but it’s not a monumentous development.

Actually, our insider has been telling us that they hit maximum capacity (the 35% figure) on the weekends.

It's not a lack of guests. It's a lack of guests staying into the night with no big night shows. See graphs below.

And even if MK doesn't start to decline until 4p, by the time the 2p hoppers trickle into the park, they'll be taking the place of those leaving.

1605911684547.png

1605911814072.png

1605911883480.png

1605911979313.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually, our insider has been telling us that they hit maximum capacity (the 35% figure) on the weekends.

It's not a lack of guests. It's a lack of guests staying into the night with no big night shows. See graphs below.

And even if MK doesn't start to decline until 4p, by the time the 2p hoppers trickle into the park, they'll be taking the place of those leaving.

View attachment 514607

View attachment 514609

View attachment 514610

View attachment 514612

It’s a 7 day location...built around ancillary spending in gift shops and food venues...much of it fed from onsite hotels and partners.

I’m not disputing that data. But we are talking about just weekends - when locals show - and only really locals outside of some trickle that gets to 35% in a time period where they have absolutely raked since the year 2000.

It is what it is. Very much still a skeleton operation.

There’s no money in this as it stands...keeping 1/3 of your expected (Nearly guaranteed) attendance to 7 pm won’t change that math.

Last edited:

JohnD

It will be available and may work for some who like to make spontaneous decisions.

However making plans to hop to a specific park might not be wise. If you booked an ADR at the second park and then found that park was full when you got there, not only do you not have a dinner ADR you might get charged a no-show fee. And then have to waste time at Guest Services to plead your case and get it refunded.

Imagine heading to AK and finding so had everyone else and when you got to the tap stiles you were told “sorry, the park is now full”

Dinner at Epcot would be the safest bet but you’d need to plan to be there for most of the afternoon.

It’s a step in the right direction but there are reasons why it might not be all it seems.
Hmm. Interesting point. Currently, I’m not sure whether or not ADRs are tied to park reservations or if it’s just make sure your in-park ADR is in the same park as your park reservation. In the case of dining, I would recommend that dining options on the second park be just as spontaneous. Either eat CS Or wait until you are in the 2nd park before finding and making an ADR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom