TTA (or Peoplemover): Jewelry on the statue

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Yes, weird question but I am a jewelry person and every time I ride the TTA, I see a bracelet on the lady getting her hair done.

Probably one of more of the silliest questions to ever ask a Disney forum, but does anyone know if it is real or something you could buy? Or do you think it is just a piece of cheap costume jewelry with an added Disney touch?

Disney Touch: Disney sells a lot of costume pieces but they seem to never fade or discolor. I have a kids adjustable ring I got many many years ago and it has never faded and never turns my hands different colors, thus the "Disney Touch" (Ya know, like the Midas Touch...)

Cmdr_Crimson

Picture courtesy of Only WDWorld's blog site...
It looks like a simple looking bracelet that can be found anywhere I suppose?
Disney+Peoplemover0004.jpg

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Picture courtesy of Only WDWorld's blog site...
It looks like a simple looking bracelet that can be found anywhere I suppose?
Disney+Peoplemover0004.jpg
That's the one! Ugh, of the entire ride, my love of jewelry captivates me at this moment. Same goes with IASW when you get to this section:
it__s_a_small_world__india_by_twig_twiggy-d391et2.jpg

I blame Disney on my love for anything shiny or sparkly.

NelleBelle

I bought a pair of 10k fish hook Mickey “diamond” earrings from a visit back in 1997 and am fairly certain. I bought them at the mercantile place across from jungle cruise. Nothing special (as in they weren’t locked up in a display case) but I have NEVER seen any gold post earring that didn’t cost an arm and a leg since that visit! I have a metal allergy and can only wear gold post earrings or my ears swell up and itch like crazy🤪 Every trip I’m looking for something similar!

Minnesota disney fan

I bought a pair of 10k fish hook Mickey “diamond” earrings from a visit back in 1997 and am fairly certain. I bought them at the mercantile place across from jungle cruise. Nothing special (as in they weren’t locked up in a display case) but I have NEVER seen any gold post earring that didn’t cost an arm and a leg since that visit! I have a metal allergy and can only wear gold post earrings or my ears swell up and itch like crazy🤪 Every trip I’m looking for something similar!

I agree that disney had some quality jewelry items a while ago. Our first visit was 1978, and I bought a Mickey watch which I have worn since then. It has gone through my nusing career and is still ticking. The patient's all loved the Mickey watch:)
I have a rolex that was given to me by my sisterinlaw before she died. This Mickey watch has the same weight and appearance of the rolex. Of course, it is not one! It is a Lorus make. A few years ago I took it to a jewelry counter in WDW to inquire about my watch and if they still sold them. I was told that they quit selling Lorus watches years ago and there were none like it left.
Since then, when I forgot to bring my Mickey watch to WDW, I bought a cheap 20.00 one from China which was about as comfortable and nice as you think.
It's too bad the quality of jewelry at WDW, among other things, has gone down to what it is today. I will certainly cherish my Mickey and pass it on one day. (PS the Rolex I passed to my daughter as a family heirloom). I don't really care to wear watches since I had to all those years as a nurse, LOL, but I do wear my Mickey watch when I need one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom