D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

Mariachi Cobre is one of the best known mariachi bands in the United States and has been performing at the Mexico Pavilion since 1982. To me, their images or silhouettes should have appeared at the entrance of the pavilion, rather than Miguel. The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats are featured on the China Pavilion poster and Sergio is featured on the Italy Pavilion poster. One would think that a nearly 40-year entertainment offering would have been featured proudly on a poster that is part of a series showcasing the past and future of Epcot.
The exact reason why I don't plan on buying the Mexico poster. It's extremely disappointing to not have them on there.

Mesa Azul

A few Happy Haunts tell me of these things from beyond the grave. ;)
Any word if they've done anything to address the last few cancelgeddons? I'm really hoping if I try and buy a Gran Fiesta in two weeks that I can do so when they drop, and not have to scramble the next day when my order is canceled :( Really hoping.

Horizons1

Mariachi Cobre is one of the best known mariachi bands in the United States and has been performing at the Mexico Pavilion since 1982. To me, their images or silhouettes should have appeared at the entrance of the pavilion, rather than Miguel. The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats are featured on the China Pavilion poster and Sergio is featured on the Italy Pavilion poster. One would think that a nearly 40-year entertainment offering would have been featured proudly on a poster that is part of a series showcasing the past and future of Epcot.
I very much agree.

The Mexico poster could have had so many wonderful designs but instead, like always, they chose the marketing route.

I will not be purchasing this poster simply because I feel the design is very poor due to placing Coco on the front.

Underdog

Pleased to report that two of my posters arrived today. The Land is #264 and Soarin’ Around the World is #240. Kitchen Kabaret is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Although I am disappointed that my original orders were cancelled, keeping me from receiving the same numbers, I am grateful to have gotten this part of the series.
My orders (Land & Soarin) arrived a couple of days ago. My Land poster is #263. :)
I am also happy to have gotten these.

Based on the popularity of these, and that Disney could be leaving money on the table, are there any plans to see the art in another form at some point in time?

trainplane3

So for fun I decided to finally figure out how to pull the poster images from SD in full quality (I think it's the max quality at least).
Compare The Land's colors and details with the one a good few people have been making copies of (you may have to right click, "open in new tab", and then zoom with the left click):
PybUUaR.png

epcot-experience-attraction-poster-the-land-pavilion-1.jpg

Or KK:
rwzVAsF.png

epcot-experience-attraction-poster-kitchen-kabaret-1.jpg

Horizons was one I noticed on eBay that had terrible colors. So to do a quick comparison:
bUg4G3A.png

epcot-experience-attraction-poster-horizons-1.jpg

A quick crop and there you go (if you still think $90 is too much for these). The current eBay copies are total crap. These are slightly better then those at least.

Edit: Top image is the source, bottom is BlogMickey. No...World Discovery isn't on there.

Last edited:

cmarten

So for fun I decided to finally figure out how to pull the poster images from SD in full quality (I think it's the max quality at least).
Compare The Land's colors and details with the one a good few people have been making copies of (you may have to right click and "open in new tab"):
PybUUaR.png

epcot-experience-attraction-poster-the-land-pavilion-1.jpg

Or KK:
rwzVAsF.png

epcot-experience-attraction-poster-kitchen-kabaret-1.jpg

Horizons was one I noticed on eBay that had terrible colors. So to do a quick comparison:
bUg4G3A.png

epcot-experience-attraction-poster-horizons-1.jpg

A quick crop and there you go (if you still think $90 is too much for these). The current eBay copies are total crap. These are slightly better then those at least.
Wow! Those look so much better!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
My orders (Land & Soarin) arrived a couple of days ago. My Land poster is #263. :)
I am also happy to have gotten these.

Based on the popularity of these, and that Disney could be leaving money on the table, are there any plans to see the art in another form at some point in time?
Got my Land poster yesterday and it’s # 265. Looks like we got 3 consecutively :)

Last edited:

trainplane3

To make another point...just for funzies of course...
Ebay (aka turn the contrast up to max to hide flaws):
s-l1600.jpg

BlogMickey:
epcot-experience-attraction-poster-imagination-1.jpg

ShopDisney:
AHfeqUr.png

What Cyclops is printing is beautiful and we finally have good images to show exactly what these posters look like in person since our pictures of them don't do them justice (those of us that own these can all agree on that).

thunderclap8

This was one I really didn't expect to look as good as it does in person. Since it's a WS poster, it's decently cheap too (wasn't over $200 in most cases...not sure currently).
4lSnOy6.png
nice! any chance you could put all the full res images together into a zip file somewhere? These will make amazing phone backgrounds.

DreamfinderGuy

This was one I really didn't expect to look as good as it does in person. Since it's a WS poster, it's decently cheap too (wasn't over $200 in most cases...not sure currently).
4lSnOy6.png
How are you ripping them in such high quality? I've been modifying the URLs to change quality, file formats, and specific posters but I haven't been able to pull any of these in quality that well.

Swfewrmco

Framed my IllumiNations today. Got this frame from ArtToFrames which was the cheapest I could find online. They included a 15% off my next order coupon with this frame, so I’m planning to buy frames for all my other serigraphs at once from them. It’s not as fancy as some others I’ve seen, but it’s still a nice way to get them on the wall.

Can you give a little more info on the frames? Dimensions, link (if allowed)? They look great!

trainplane3

nice! any chance you could put all the full res images together into a zip file somewhere? These will make amazing phone backgrounds.
How are you ripping them in such high quality? I've been modifying the URLs to change quality, file formats, and specific posters but I haven't been able to pull any of these in quality that well.
I'm still digging to see if I can get higher quality (and SSE+M:S) but it's looking unlikely. They seem to be topping out at 2000x2000 sadly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom