AKL in April!

WDW_Emily

We just booked our first-ever deluxe resort! We got a great deal and will be renting DVC points to visit AKL in April. Our total cost for the week at AKL was under $1,000!

I know the resort is currently bare-bones and not fully open but what are some must-do things at this resort if it does become fully open for April? I know this resort only has busses do they run pretty regularly? We are so excited to be going home and enjoying a new resort :)

PolynesianPrincess

We just booked our first-ever deluxe resort! We got a great deal and will be renting DVC points to visit AKL in April. Our total cost for the week at AKL was under $1,000!

I know the resort is currently bare-bones and not fully open but what are some must-do things at this resort if it does become fully open for April? I know this resort only has busses do they run pretty regularly? We are so excited to be going home and enjoying a new resort :)

We stayed at AKL a couple weeks back. We had a great experience for the most part. Are you staying in Jambo house or at Kidani? The lodge itself felt like a ghost town at times. With nothing being open in the lodge, we had to go over to Kidani for food, souvenirs, etc.. They do have a small little bus that runs between the 2 resorts so when it was raining or we didn't feel like walking, we took the shuttle.
As for the buses, both resorts have buses running to and from the parks. At park opening, the lines at Kidani were very long but there was NO ONE waiting at Jambo house. Just a couple people here and there. So sometimes we would get our own bus, other times it would pick up at Jambo and then go to Kidani. I 100% recommend grabbing the bus at Jambo house if you're trying to get there for park opening.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We loved AKL when we stayed there. We loved the pool at Jambo--one of the most relaxing pools, and big! If things open, the stories by the fire pit were awesome. And make sure to have a Zebra dome! So yummy...I'm craving one now that I mentioned it, darn it! 😛

Upvote 0

Nottamus

know the resort is currently bare-bones and not fully open but what are some must-do things at this resort if it does become fully open for April? I know this resort only has busses do they run pretty regularly? We are so excited to be going home and enjoying a new resort :)

the number one thing for us...is to find a quiet little spot (shouldn’t be too hard now) and take in the atmosphere. Listen to the music...relax. Plenty of hidden little spots when when there’s full occupancy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom