Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

TP2000

TL: DR the past 5 pages, can someone bring me up to date on any important info since this morning or has it just been whining lol

The only real news today was from this morning. The top executives from Disneyland, Legoland, Knott's Berry Farm, and Universal Studios had this oddly charming Zoom press conference thing where they spoke at length about how much they dislike Sacramento, and then they took some questions.

None of those executives understood how the Four Tiers To Healthy Living And Unracism works in California, or why San Francisco with poopy heroin homeless encampments everywhere is now deemed healthier and less racist than Anaheim or Carlsbad or Buena Park or Universal City.

And the execs can't stand Governor Newsom, but they were trying to be polite on Zoom. Also, it became quickly apparent on the Zoom call that all of California's major theme parks are run by men and women who are actually smart and savvy about their businesses and what it takes to keep them running. The Legoland guy looked the best though.

Then we just devolved into the usual NorCal vs. SoCal thing, and Shelter In Place Forever vs. WalMart Peasants groups. And it took me a bit longer to catch up to everyone, as per usual.

Lastly, I made fun of Nancy Pelosi's illegal hairdo. Again. :oops:

Last edited:

PostScott

The only real news today was from this morning. The top executives from Disneyland, Legoland, Knott's Berry Farm, and Universal Studios had this oddly charming Zoom press conference thing where they spoke at length about how much they dislike Sacramento, and then they took some questions.

None of those executives understood how the Four Tiers To Healthy Living And Unracism works in California, or why San Francisco with poopy heroin homeless encampments everywhere is now deemed healthier and less racist than Anaheim or Carlsbad or Buena Park or Universal City.

And the execs can't stand Governor Newsom, but they were trying to be polite on Zoom. Also, it became quickly apparent on the Zoom call that all of California's major theme parks are run by men and women who are actually smart and savvy about their businesses and what it takes to keep them running. The Legoland guy looked the best though.

Then we just devolved into the usual NorCal vs. SoCal thing, and Shelter In Place Forever vs. WalMart Peasants groups. And it took me a bit longer to catch up to everyone, as per usual.

Also, I made fun of Nancy Pelosi's illegal hairdo. Again. :oops:
Thanks! Sounds like it's been a very productive day

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Done! :D

Seriously, I'd been online all day trying to figure it out. No one explained it as clearly and plainly as you did. I owe you one!
Thanks. I also edited the explanation to hopefully be more clear.

And it was dense and poorly explained in their site. I had to read through it like ten times including pasting the explanation in a word processor and deleting superfluous information and outlining it to understand it.

I think I'll be quoting or copy/pasting that a few times to come...

ToTBellHop

Science tells you that pockets of high infection don't remain contained.

Social sciences and mathematical models identify those pockets.

Politics creates policies to deal with the situation based on the information given.
I am completely there with you, but the “cut scores” between tiers are certainly arbitrary, which is why they vary from state to state.

If only there were a federal agency that could analyze metrics nationwide and say, “these are the trends we are seeing, these are our areas of concern, these are our suggested remedies, here is funding to provide said remedies, and the goal should be to drive community spread below this level.”

I understand state sovereignty but I have to believe some substantive guidelines from a nonpartisan group of scientists and social scientists, with the backing of politicians who defer-to and respect said experts, would be welcome.

How this became political is baffling to me.

ToTBellHop

Maybe more people need to become essential employees. What are you all doing??
I teach in a college. Expected to be on campus. Was not asked to test even once. Was not offered testing and certainly wasn’t provided a list of free testing sites.

And we’ve had positive cases.

I was provided one container of disinfectant wipes. They lasted two weeks. Now I search Walmart for my own Lysol.

MoonRakerSCM

That'd work if it weren't for other scientists calling you out on it, because science doesn't work the way you portray it. But, good for you for undermining faith in learning, expertise, authority, and shared knowledge.
Oh yes, I'm an expert at undermining. I can add in any factor I like and explain it using any social economic BS to make that number be under 1.0. if enough people agree with my technique then it is accepted science. Boom.

The sad fact is, politics has bled into EVERYTHING in recent years let alone any decision made by anyone related to government. To think otherwise is willingly being blind.

Now then, being I am such a science denier, I'm off to work... To use science. Gotta tell my client that landslides only affect white populated areas over black, right?

Travel Junkie

We should have just complied. Why didn't we just stay home and save lives. I'll be in my bunker!

Actually, you should make well reasoned arguments that will be taken seriously instead of resorting to wild conspiracy theories. Any nuance discussion trying to be had is being drowned out by the absurdity of a few.

For example, I have heard no one say Disneyland should be closed forever, yet here you are over an over stating that if you don't believe in a ridiculous conspiracy theory you want everything closed. Literally no one is saying we should have everything closed.

DavidDL

The irony of course being that saying that only a Sith would deal in absolutes, is itself, an absolute. But that's just one of the many reasons I love Star Wars. The Jedi weren't so perfect themselves and couldn't fully see it, especially towards the end of the Republic.

George Lucas on a Bench

Actually, you should make well reasoned arguments that will be taken seriously instead of resorting to wild conspiracy theories. Any nuance discussion trying to be had is being drowned out by the absurdity of a few.

For example, I have heard no one say Disneyland should be closed forever, yet here you are over an over stating that if you don't believe in a ridiculous conspiracy theory you want everything closed. Literally no one is saying we should have everything closed.

What conspiracy theory?

el_super

How can one have well reasoned arguments with someone who can't even get their Star Wars quotes right?

It's "Only a Sith deals in absolutes"

LOL yeah .... I worried about being called out on that, but really wanted to change it in order to not really single out anyone specific.

MoonRakerSCM

I don't wanna listen to opposing thoughts LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAA.

But hey, looks like there's an agreement, you guys all stop posting in threads with that label and belittling opposing viewpoint holders. Cheers.

flutas

It's just not true. I live and work in the Anaheim area. I've been wearing masks since before Fauci and everyone changed their minds and told us to wear them. The only difference is I have much cooler masks since my trip to Universal Orlando. I get tested regularly for work. This is a ridiculous generalization. We've had trouble with enforcing masks like many other parts of the country, but I wouldn't say we're a cesspool of COVID denial and anti-maskers. But you're fine. I'm not upset.

I just want to point out...

I haven't seen anywhere else in CA with a restaurant advertising itself as "a mask free zone" while the county it's in actively looks the other way and refuses to do anything about them. This isn't even a "oh well it was this week and then they got shut down" it's a this has been ongoing since June issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom