Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs permanently closed?

Jon81uk

Chicago’s Levy Restaurants Inc. operated the old Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe. The Express and new Bar & Grill locations are part of Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc.

Thanks. I was close but thinking of the wrong one of the old locations!

But the marketplace location was a bit of dead-end once the buses moved to the new Town Center area, so if both locations are owned by the same then it makes sense to keep the more central place I guess. Even though reports are the food is better at the Express!

Dizknee_Phreek

I remember in the mid 1990s when Planet Hollywood opened Bruce Willis and his band and wife Demi sang at the grand opening in the parking lot in front of thousands and actor turned nobody now Brendan Fraser was there.
Sorry to go off topic, but Brendan is still an actor. Just had lots of personal and medical issues that took him out of the limelight. He was one of my favorites back in the day. And knowing now what all he was dealing with, I feel bad for the guy.

TrainsOfDisney

But the marketplace location was a bit of dead-end once the buses moved to the new Town Center area, so if both locations are owned by the same then it makes sense to keep the more central place I guess.
The bus station has been moved for a few years now, I’m going to guess this has to do with Covid. I’m not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

Jon81uk

The bus station has been moved for a few years now, I’m going to guess this has to do with Covid. I’m not sure why anyone would think otherwise.
Covid is probably the final nail in the coffin, but the combination of increased competition with new restaurants, being in a less favourable location and now fewer tourists due to covid are probably all factors.

thomas998

Maybe they will get a decent pizza place to replace it. Was never a fan, tried a couple of times and both times I think a good frozen pizza would have been better.

UNCgolf

Maybe they will get a decent pizza place to replace it. Was never a fan, tried a couple of times and both times I think a good frozen pizza would have been better.

Go to Pizza Ponte. It's quite good, or at least it was the two times I went in January.

Jon81uk

There already is Pizza Ponte and Blaze as well as several other places at DS that have pizza on the menu.

Lilofan

There already is Pizza Ponte and Blaze as well as several other places at DS that have pizza on the menu.
I've never been to Blaze pizza but I heard some good reviews. Not on par of NY/NJ pizza quality " it's all in the water ", then again nothing is.

Jon81uk

I've never been to Blaze pizza but I heard some good reviews. Not on par of NY/NJ pizza quality " it's all in the water ", then again nothing is.

For the price I loved Blaze, under $10 for whatever toppings you want cooked fresh in a couple of minutes. Its not gourmet pizza, but it is fantastic fast food and probably one of the best values at WDW for a meal.

Mod pizza who offer the same concept have come over to the UK so I have been visting several times as I find them great value.

UNCgolf

Blaze is average pizza. It's nice to be able to get whatever you want on it and it's ready quickly, but Pizza Ponte is better just at Disney Springs.

Also, the NJ/NY pizza thing is funny; there's pizza that's just as good or better in plenty of other places around the country (and yes, I've had pizza in NYC multiple times). I suppose if you specifically want NY style crust it might be the best (although I've had NY style pizza in other places that was just as good), but that's not the best kind of pizza anyways.

Last edited:

thomas998

Haven't tried Pizza Ponte, we've got a Blaze where I live and I've never been a big fan of it at least the one near me is skimpy on ingredients especially on the amount of cheese. It's a nice concept, but we have another pizza place close by the offer the same concept but with a wider variety of ingredients and that doesn't have cooks that act like they are paying for the cheese out of their own pockets.

What kind of crust does Ponte have?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Haven't tried Pizza Ponte, we've got a Blaze where I live and I've never been a big fan of it at least the one near me is skimpy on ingredients especially on the amount of cheese. It's a nice concept, but we have another pizza place close by the offer the same concept but with a wider variety of ingredients and that doesn't have cooks that act like they are paying for the cheese out of their own pockets.

Here is a look at Pizza Ponte

Lilofan

Back when I was in school days I worked at Taco Bell. Every night the store manager weighed the ingredients in the hot line and the cold line in the kitchen. If us the staff were using too much ingredients to add to the tacos and burritos on certain shifts and not following corporate policy in the amount of stuff that goes into each food item, then we were told to skimp on future orders so the food costs that the manager would be held accountable for at the end of the week would satisfy his bosses.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Back when I was in school days I worked at Taco Bell. Every night the store manager weighed the ingredients in the hot line and the cold line in the kitchen. If us the staff were using too much ingredients to add to the tacos and burritos on certain shifts and not following corporate policy in the amount of stuff that goes into each food item, then we were told to skimp on future orders so the food costs that the manager would be held accountable for at the end of the week would satisfy his bosses.
That reminds me of one of my first jobs. Chili and cheese on nacho chips, Fritos, hot dogs etc. I didn’t have a manager telling me anything though, I had 1 can of chili and 1 can of cheese and if people were buying lots of food I had to try to make it last!

I guess nothing bad would happen if I said “we are out of cheese” but I always made it a personal challenge to portion correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom