Rumor Disney may be about to expand the use of virtual queue boarding groups at Walt Disney World

dreday3

Jungle Cruise. I wonder why that's the ride they would choose for MK - are the lines spilling into the walkways?
Won't everyone just get in another line then? I mean there's not much else to do.

They should start bringing back socially distanced character meets. I'm sure they can use props to establish 6 feet.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I'm confused, if they are still operating at "25%" operating capacity, why is overcrowding now a problem? (even though they've had several "sell outs" previously which have not come close to matching the current crowd levels in the parks)

If only they had this pass that would allow fast access to rides for people who have made reservation for the ride ahead of time to perhaps make queue utilization more efficient.

MaximumEd

This could also artificially create more demand in a ride that typically sees less. If people think something is scarce or rationed, they must have it. I don’t see boarding groups for Jungle Cruise going in 10 mins, but I’ll wager it’ll be faster than you think.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm confused, if they are still operating at "25%" operating capacity, why is overcrowding now a problem? (even though they've had several "sell outs" previously which have not come close to matching the current crowd levels in the parks)
Well, even at 25% capacity.. if people are spaced out 6 ft in all the queues, then those queue spaces are DEFINITELY not being utilized to their full capacity/availability. So people spill out literally everywhere else in the park making it seem more crowded.

That’s my theory.

monothingie

Premium Member
Well, even at 25% capacity.. if people are spaced out 6 ft in all the queues, then those queue spaces are DEFINITELY not being utilized to their full capacity/availability. So people spill out literally everywhere else in the park making it seem more crowded.

That’s my theory.
I guess the question is, when they were operating in August and there were sell out days, were they capping everything at 25% then? Because when those days sold out, the crowds were no where near what they are on a non-sellout day today.

Or was Chapek just BS ing people?

Or have they cut capacity of attractions which has lowered throughput and increased wait times?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I guess the question is, when they were operating in August and there were sell out days, were they capping everything at 25% then? Because when those days sold out, the crowds were no where near what they are on a non-sellout day today.

Or have they cut capacity of attractions which has lowered throughput and increased wait times?
It's toy-salesman math, pure and simple -- if you run a ride 25% slower, it'll cost you 25% less, right?

Magic Feather

I had another DHS “E-Ticket” hinted to me about adding VQ yesterday, but Smuggler’s Run would not have been my guess. Sure the queue gets a little unwieldy in the morning, but it usually gets under control by noon at the latest.

IMO, a really interesting test would be to put everything in DHS on VQ except for one or two things (like Star Tours and Mania) with one queue allowed at a time.

monothingie

Premium Member
I had another DHS “E-Ticket” hinted to me about adding VQ yesterday, but Smuggler’s Run would not have been my guess. Sure the queue gets a little unwieldy in the morning, but it usually gets under control by noon at the latest.

IMO, a really interesting test would be to put everything in DHS on VQ except for one or two things (like Star Tours and Mania) with one queue allowed at a time.
Sounds like reinventing Fast Pass, except with more steps.

techgeek

Jungle Cruise. I wonder why that's the ride they would choose for MK - are the lines spilling into the walkways?

The cynic in me considers that Jungle Cruise with a VQ, with its individual captains per boat, could easily have overall capacity drastically cut back from where it is now purely to save labor costs.

the.dreamfinder

Getting people out of queues just creates crowding elsewhere.
1603115052530.jpeg

M:SpilotISTC12

It also feels like Disney is trying to make it harder and harder to ride any big attractions. It’s like they want to create a problem so we can turn around and say “I will pay extra to be able to headline attractions.” It’s starting to get ridiculous. It’s like there is no more free will within the parks.

techgeek

It already had its overall capacity drastically cut by distancing requirements.

Exactly. I can imagine with the cut per-boat capacity, they’ve pretty much been forced to run every boat possible just to stay on top of the line length.

Adding a VQ would allow them to cut boats on top of that. It’s one of the few MK attractions that can easily scale its labor costs, most of the others are either ‘on or off’.

YodaMan

Were there ever any true sellout days in August? I know there were some days without availability for certain groups, but were there ever any days outside of Studios where AP and Resort and Tickets had 100% of their availability booked out and everyone showed up for their reservations?

dizneycrazy09

This confuses me. Can someone please tell me if the way I’m thinking is wrong...

Redistributing a line (or multiple lines) because of overcrowding is just moving people to other, also unruly lines creating further issues with overcrowding elsewhere, making physical distancing nearly impossible. Is there something I’m missing in this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom