News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

Fantasmik

TrainsOfDisney

Glad to see things continue to reopen. I don't like to post negatively, but sorry to see this is still Star Wars-based. Last I was in there, there was a CM with her own line fielding complaints.
While it wasn’t anything to write home about, it used to at least pretend to be an upscale clothing store. With nice men’s ties, dress socks, button downs etc.

I wonder how the Galaxies Edge merch is doing?

gerarar

Premium Member
Frozen Sing-along returned on Monday. According to BlogMickey, the narrators updated their jokes to include some about face masks!
AE30A7BF-C455-4354-9F64-A85A4C07E6D4.jpeg

Communicora

Premium Member
Frozen Sing-along returned on Monday. According to BlogMickey, the narrators updated their jokes to include some about face masks!
View attachment 503216

A lot of Disney's protocols seem well thought out so this surprised me. I'm not sure how they think holding an indoor singalong is a good idea when we are dealing with a virus that is now confirmed to be spread through the air and not just via droplets.

YodaMan

A lot of Disney's protocols seem well thought out so this surprised me. I'm not sure how they think holding an indoor singalong is a good idea when we are dealing with a virus that is now confirmed to be spread through the air and not just via droplets.

They still allow indoor unmasked dining which is significantly worse than an indoor masked singalong. But if it were me I wouldn’t feel comfortable at either.

Disneyson

At Galaxy's Edge, the Dianoga feature at the drinking fountain is no more... the tank appears to be sealed permanently. 🙁
View attachment 503786View attachment 503787

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I imagine they fired enough people that they couldn't keep this working? Forgive me if this isn't the case, but this is truly the only actively interactive element in the land, right, besides the lights that change colors when you aim your phone at them? Like, everything else in the app is "implied", nothing moves or changes, right? Honestly, what a horrible final nail in the coffin on the premise of the land.

Reminds me of the "character card" they gave at that Galactic Nights upcharge event, where they promised more and more cards to come out detailing the different character interactions you would have throughout the land. What a massive spiritual loss for this land this is.

PostScott

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I imagine they fired enough people that they couldn't keep this working? Forgive me if this isn't the case, but this is truly the only actively interactive element in the land, right, besides the lights that change colors when you aim your phone at them? Like, everything else in the app is "implied", nothing moves or changes, right? Honestly, what a horrible final nail in the coffin on the premise of the land.

Reminds me of the "character card" they gave at that Galactic Nights upcharge event, where they promised more and more cards to come out detailing the different character interactions you would have throughout the land. What a massive spiritual loss for this land this is.
Yeah I believe that that was the last kinetic object within the land. There is the same thing next to the bathrooms in the marketplace but I assume thats down too if this one is down. It's really sad that they promised so much yet they delivered so little. The attractions are really fun, but once you get off something it just feels missing in the land. I know they went over budget with the land and thats why they cancelled so much but, they should have went all out. It's star wars

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah I believe that that was the last kinetic object within the land. There is the same thing next to the bathrooms in the marketplace but I assume thats down too if this one is down. It's really sad that they promised so much yet they delivered so little. The attractions are really fun, but once you get off something it just feels missing in the land. I know they went over budget with the land and thats why they cancelled so much but, they should have went all out. It's star wars
We'll always have Rex.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom