D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

wonkabars7

Been reading this thread for a while since this series started, just registered to finally talk/complain with you all.

I've been collecting limited (and vintage) posters for years, including the infamous Mondo stuff back in the day that literally sold out in under 5 seconds (Olly Moss Star Wars, etc). I can tell you without reservation that what SD is doing with the after-the-sale edition increase and arbitrarily canceling orders is egregious if not fraudulent.

I have collected every poster in this series simply using the app and manually checking out each time. My checkout time this morn was 3am and all are cancelled (I might have checked out at the :30 mark). There is no way 300 bots checked out with posters on each edition before I checked out. There is some serious shenanigans going on here, and I would encourage everyone to demand answers if not retribution from Disney. Never seen anything like is in my entire 20+ years collecting, and lord help me, I even take Ls with the Nike SNKRS app often but with outcomes and criteria that at least makes sense.

The reps on the phone are just programmed with their responses, they either do not know, do not care, yet in some cases are instructed what to say to their advantage. I have been through multiple online sales where folks use bots (Mondo, Bottleneck, G1988, etc) and even back then, yet their old cart systems did not oversell, random and arbitrary orders were not cancelled, and in the event of an oversell, it was single digits at best and came down LITERALLY to the time stamp.

Also, and BTW, Cyclops Print Works is a good company, I have purchased from them several times over the years, for limited drops with much less marketing and demand, yet still sold out in under a minute. Their Aoyama Inside Out print they released for Disney back in 2015 sold out in maybe 20 seconds and there was no oversell, the OOS indication came in a timely manner. Why is it so hard 5 years later? Well, this is clearly an example of Disney bullying them into merging with their unethical sales tactics.

I do not feel like it is a knee jerk reaction in labeling this fraud as this debacle in taking all our credit info, sending confirmation emails, making arbitrary cancels, then lying after...all much too excessive and I am not going to stop being a thorn in their side until I/we get answers.

Horizons1

The stock was correct. They sold out as they should've. At this point I have a feeling they're targeting the early orders.
But why? I’ve never heard of last come, first serve. If we all stood in line at EPCOT for this why is the logic that the people in the back should get the poster?

If that’s the case then I need to quit my job and work at ShopDisney. I can watch Netflix all day and get a hefty raise for doing great work.

The stock was correct. They sold out as they should've. At this point I have a feeling they're targeting the early orders.
I don’t think so. If they are the bots have a back door then. I think they process the last orders first. I ordered and received the millennium celebration at 8:45.
Edit: I misread your reply. You agree, last in first out.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What's baffling is why not just remove the listing when the 300th is sold? Why do they let me go through the complete cycle of the purchase then cancel it on the backend?

Ddad4

Targeting the early orders because we wanted them too much? I understand keeping out the eBay crowd but they are failing badly if this is a strategy.

Targeting the early orders because we wanted them too much? I understand keeping out the eBay crowd but they are failing badly if this is a strategy.

I don’t think it has to do with the eBay crowd. I think they are dumb and fill the neeest order first. By the time they get to our orders (the early ones) the allotment is gone.

SorcererDonald16

I am at the point I’m realizing when a company makes it this hard to give them my money, I should just stop giving them my money. All they’re giving me is misery now.

This is just so idiotic on all fronts. I’m not a bot, they know I’m not a bot, I’ve had the same account for something like 12 years, back when it was still Disney Store. Yet they do this to me twice.

SorcererDonald16

has this happened with other merch before, like the limited ears or something? Or just these prints?
Oversells have happened for years, going back to the higher end pin days, Vinylmation, limited dolls, etc. I have never once seen it on this scale. And usually (not always, but usually) they cancel the later orders. This is disgraceful.

zann285

Add me to the list of orders cancelled, again. I will be curious to see which orders are actually fulfilled this time, as I suspect they’re doing a LIFO system as a way to try to bypass bots (albeit clumsily).

wonkabars7

What's baffling is why not just remove the listing when the 300th is sold? Why do they let me go through the complete cycle of the purchase then cancel it on the backend?
Stock quantity code was solved in the 90s. There is simply no excuse. If something is not available due to bots or however, it should be 'sold out', plain and simple.

Would love to hear the insider's take on this...there is no plausible explanation. Simply lazy ignorance by Disney.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I am at the point I’m realizing when a company makes it this hard to give them my money, I should just stop giving them my money. All they’re giving me is misery now.

This is just so idiotic on all fronts. I’m not a bot, they know I’m not a bot, I’ve had the same account for something like 12 years, back when it was still Disney Store. Yet they do this to me twice.
What's nuts is that I was able to wake up at 7:30AM to snag a Living Seas poster, that was limited to 100. They are most likely either overthinking this (security wise) or they really are just that dumb.

hopemax

I also had a 3:01 checkout. I had ordered all three. I had a cancel order for The Land and Soarin. But my Kitchen Kabaret poster was not canceled. Bummed about The Land, but I guess I should be happy I got something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom