I am SO overwhelmed - first timer - please help - I know there must be resources

bexter

Hi All! I'm going to DW November 30 - December 5, traveling alone. I've never been to DW before and have no idea how to approach this in terms of what to do, where to stay, which restaurants to go to, how to get around, etc. Feeling so overwhelmed I'm considering cancelling! I can't be the first person to be so lost. Are there some resources for beginners?

Edit: I'm going now b/c my husband refuses to wear a mask so I'm traveling to places he wouldn't much care for. I know there are many things not on offer right now and while very disappointing, my thought was I'd least be able to enjoy the rides without having to stand in hour long lines.

Edit: Thank you for all your suggestions! I'm going to work with Kingdom Konsultants.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
OK...Bexter this is MY OPINION AND FEELINGS If you intend on utilizing the ME, I would suggest you MAKE SURE its still running regardless of any layoffs!

You would think this is the best way for Disney to bring vacation guests in to the resort as a perk! The ME being shuttered WILL NOT ruin your vacation, you will just have to rent a car at the airport

You are still speaking as though its a definite.
BTW there are other options besides renting a car.
Just want the facts brought to light for the first timer.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I thought that DME was run by MEARS?? I found this...

Regardless of the layoffs, Disney’s Magical Express is still running. However, there is no luggage service, according to Disney World’s website;

Mears Transportation Announces Layoffs- Those Affected ...

thekingdominsider.com/mears-transportation-announces-layoffs-those-affected-include-some-magical-express-drivers/

thekingdominsider.com/mears-transportation-announces-layoffs-those-affected-include-som…

Upvote 0

yensid67

SO UPDATE EVERYONE USING Disney's Magical Express from the airport...AS OF 10/11/20
Guests who choose to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be responsible for picking up any of their checked luggage from the airport’s baggage claim area, so that it can be loaded onto the motorcoach to their Disney Resort hotel. Please know that your luggage will travel with you to your Disney Resort hotel.

Luggage assistance will be available at the front of your Disney Resort hotel, including luggage storage and/or transport to the room.

Upon your departure, please ensure your luggage is with you and is loaded onto the motorcoach, so you can check it in with your airline once you reach the airport. The resort airline check-in service will not be offered at this time

See full announcement here: https://thekingdominsider.com/mears-transportation-announces-layoffs-those-affected-include-some-magical-express-drivers/#:~:text=Regardless of the layoffs, Disney’s Magical Express is,no luggage service, according to Disney World’s website;

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
SO UPDATE EVERYONE USING Disney's Magical Express from the airport...AS OF 10/11/20
Guests who choose to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be responsible for picking up any of their checked luggage from the airport’s baggage claim area, so that it can be loaded onto the motorcoach to their Disney Resort hotel. Please know that your luggage will travel with you to your Disney Resort hotel.

Luggage assistance will be available at the front of your Disney Resort hotel, including luggage storage and/or transport to the room.

Upon your departure, please ensure your luggage is with you and is loaded onto the motorcoach, so you can check it in with your airline once you reach the airport. The resort airline check-in service will not be offered at this time

See full announcement here: https://thekingdominsider.com/mears-transportation-announces-layoffs-those-affected-include-some-magical-express-drivers/#:~:text=Regardless of the layoffs, Disney’s Magical Express is,no luggage service, according to Disney World’s website;
This has been the case since WDW reopened in July. It is not a new change.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Is your signature saying $1,700 per person for 2-3 days in the Park(s)?

Upvote 0

yensid67

Is your signature saying $1,700 per person for 2-3 days in the Park(s)?
$1700 for the whole trip in signature...not just 2-3 days

Dad, send me your dates, etc and I will see what prices I get

EXAMPLE: SEPT 11-18
Hotel Park Tickets Rental Car Amtrak

Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - Double Guest Room​

total$368.50(tax and fees included)
$65.51 Avg Room Rate/Night  |  $327.56 Room Subtotal  | $40.94 Taxes & Fees
rosen-inn-pointe-orlando-room-1078-2433.jpg

Check-InCheck-OutNightsAdultsKids
Sunday, September 12, 2021Friday, September 17, 2021510
Free cancellation by September 9, 2021. After this date, a cancellation fee of $67.00 will apply.*
*Additional cancellation fees may apply for reservations canceled less than 24 hours to arrival.
Amenity and room requests can be made in the checkout process.

ADD ANOTHER ROOM
Remove

3-Day Disney Theme Park Base Ticket​

total$322.18
(tax and fees included)

AVIS RENTAL CAR $150.00

AMTRAK $250 pp (last time I checked)

$1111.54 not including spending cash

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom