Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

When did this news happen that PTN is coming to WDW?? Can’t say it’s surprising though.
COVID-19 forced this. They want a marketing campaign next year and it’s a simple, relatively-cheap move. The parade is viewed as “great for a party” and will be new to most WDW guests. I would’ve preferred a new parade but am thankful for the return of a nighttime parade to MK.

aladdin2007

COVID-19 forced this. They want a marketing campaign next year and it’s a simple, relatively-cheap move. The parade is viewed as “great for a party” and will be new to most WDW guests. I would’ve preferred a new parade but am thankful for the return of a nighttime parade to MK.

Do you think though that once its here they will make so many cuts that it will be less of a parade than originally was? (I mean we know how TDO is) or thats not really a concern with this....

TTA94

Do you think though that once its here they will make so many cuts that it will be less of a parade than originally was? (I mean we know how TDO is) or thats not really a concern with this....

I would think they will have to make some modifications or swap out floats to make it less Pixar?

Overall if this is indeed confirmed... no offense to @MansionButler84 lol but this has been a long time ongoing rumor of PTN coming to MK lol, This is going to upset a lot of Disneyland fans lol.

If this is true expect social media to start blowing up soon lol.

ToTBellHop

I would think they will have to make some modifications or swap out floats to make it less Pixar?

Overall if this is indeed confirmed... no offense to @MansionButler84 lol but this has been a long time ongoing rumor of PTN coming to MK lol, This is going to upset a lot of Disneyland fans lol.

If this is true expect social media to start blowing up soon lol.
Eh, Pixar is Disney now. The only units that don’t easily fit are Incredibles and Cars, and they already have Incredibles characters in Tomorrowland sometimes and had Incredibles scenes there one summer. Cars is a bit more out there but it’s in Happily Ever After, so...

Disneyland doesn’t have much interest in running it anymore.

TTA94

Eh, Pixar is Disney now. The only units that don’t easily fit are Incredibles and Cars, and they already have Incredibles characters in Tomorrowland sometimes and had Incredibles scenes there one summer. Cars is a bit more out there but it’s in Happily Ever After, so...

Disneyland doesn’t have much interest in running it anymore.

Not sure what to think about this lol. The return of a nighttime parade is news many of us have been waiting for, for many years! Have so many questions though lol... Off the top of my head, Will this end up being the Paint The Night we know? Or a reimagined version? And will this be a temporary interim parade until the rumored brand new parade can debut?

aladdin2007

Not sure what to think about this lol. The return of a nighttime parade is news many of us have been waiting for, for many years! Have so many questions though lol... Off the top of my head, Will this end up being the Paint The Night we know? Or a reimagined version? And will this be a temporary interim parade until the rumored brand new parade can debut?

I feel like this will be it, they have no intention of a brand new one at this point, maybe by the 60th?

TTA94

I feel like this will be it, they have no intention of a brand new one at this point, maybe by the 60th?

At least it’s not MSEP again lol. And better then what we were thinking was going to happen due to Covid, which is no nighttime parade.

doctornick

No...we are lucky we are getting a parade. Maybe a new float?

Since Mac wouldn't fit, I wonder if they'd remove the entire Cars segment (it is the biggest clash for MK/a castle park anyway). What happened to the Frozen floats? Would they be re-added in or would they perhaps make a new anniversary float specifically to celebrate the 50th.

Either way, personally, I'd be happy to see PtN come to MK. The park deserves a light parade and at least it is something new for WDW guests, the vast majority of whom won't have seen it before. And I'd rather they go "cheap" in this regard and have more money to spend elsewhere,like smaller enhancements to rides or modifying HEA for the 50th. Personally, I rather enjoy the parade - though I am a big fan of Wreck It Ralph (the first movie,not the lousy sequel) and have always been a MSEP supporter over Spectro.

EpcotCentre1982

Yeah, why? I never fully understand DL's entertainment but why did they stop running it? Seems like a solid fit for DCA and it's not like they replaced it with something.
Well they have food booths out for Xmas until spring and probably didn't want it around due to the construction of marvel land and then when that opens as well. Just my guess.

DoleWhipDrea

Well they have food booths out for Xmas until spring and probably didn't want it around due to the construction of marvel land and then when that opens as well. Just my guess.

On a good day, DCA’s parade route is cramped and miserable...the path between Grizzly River Run and what used to be A Bug’s Land was too tight to navigate or view a parade from. Then add in what you’ve just noted here and it’s just a no-go for any parade to operate, especially in a new social distancing world.

With the new parade Magic Happens debuting just before Disneyland’s closure and Paint the Night having been mothballed for several years, a great nighttime parade is just waiting for some new fans. TDA may not know if they would want to get PTN back after a stint at WDW after what happened to MSEP, so, perhaps with a plea to take better care of the floats with the need to drive excitement and attendance for WDW, PTN is being sent over.

I say they need to readd Frozen and, maybe a Moana float?
I really hope they don’t cut Mack since that’s one of the highlights of PTN, But totally understandable that they will.

Mack unfortunately cannot make a particular turn due to his size on MK’s parade route, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cars segment got swapped out for something else (I wonder if by that same logic the Monsters University segment will have to get cut as well.) Bringing back a Frozen float and updating it, along with adding Moana would be great additions. They may want to put in something aimed at the boy demographic with the loss of Cars. I also imagine that there will be a new finale float that celebrates specifically the MK and the 50th.

Anyone know if Frozen float still exists at all? I heard that they used that base for the new incredibles float, which is a major downgrade imo.

The Frozen float was repurposed unfortunately. But that doesn’t mean that Disney can’t budget for a few new floats...it’s certainly cheaper than building an entirely new parade from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom