News Structure built in Kilimanjaro Safaris?

_caleb

I'd list the Night Safari in Singapore as a comparison, too. The tram ride is on pavement, but the vibe is similar to Kilimanjaro and the animal enclosures are well designed with natural barriers rather than obvious fencing in many cases.
Loved the Night Safari!

RSoxNo1

I'd list the Night Safari in Singapore as a comparison, too. The tram ride is on pavement, but the vibe is similar to Kilimanjaro and the animal enclosures are well designed with natural barriers rather than obvious fencing in many cases.
I've never been to Singapore so I'll take you word for it.

Sir_Cliff

The Night Safari is really nice, but I still think Kilimajaro is very much a cut above.

I am with those who have been to a lot of top wildlife parks and can't think of any that have done as good a job as DAK with Kilimanjaro Safaris. I'm also partial to keeping the focus on the animals.

JoeCamel

Those ******** told me they knew how to build a tiny house. Where’s the covered patio for my grill? I’ll have to fly down there just to supervise the rest of this **** show.
Now, now, see those four pads out front? Two for the cooking (as agreed you hunt your own meat) and the others will have columns to support the palapa roof. We are going to hide air circulators behind the structure so the flies are dispersed and the conditioned air is delivered to your space.
Do not pay any attention to the conduit run through the roof, it is for your satellite TV which includes D+ for your enjoyment, it will be disguised as vines in the finished product.
Feel free to come down and visit, make your reservation and we will see if you can be slotted in for a tour......

gustaftp

One can go to a zoo or any number of drive-thru safaris for the same or similar experience. The poacher plot while somewhat hokey, did add to the experience (as did many of the other effects that have since been turned off or removed)

So much of what made the attraction an "attraction" has been stripped away. The current version feels less "magical" or entertaining because of it, IMO. I think a happy medium should be the end goal. Something to elevate it beyond the typical zoo/safari concept.
Where do you think people live that we all just have access to zoo safaris -- much less there being enough of them to be considered "typical"? I live near one of the top zoos in the USA and we don't have something like that. And the closest thing we have to a drive-thru is where you can see some buffalo in a particular area of a state park.

JoeCamel

Where do you think people live that we all just have access to zoo safaris -- much less there being enough of them to be considered "typical"? I live near one of the top zoos in the USA and we don't have something like that. And the closest thing we have to a drive-thru is where you can see some buffalo in a particular area of a state park.
Tends to happen in warm weather states. I have 4 - 5 either drive through or ride through animal tours within a half day's drive from me in FL

doctornick

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ has a drive through safari attached to the amusement park. Since that’s between NYC and Philadelphia and drivable from other Northeast areas, it’s definitely close to a lot of people in the USA.

I can’t speak to the quality though - I haven’t been in like 30 years.

TYOTimer

For $49.99 (20% off with AP discount) you can feed your favorite Disney vlogger/blogger to the lions. They think that when they emerge from the hut they get to sample some of the newest Disney sweets and treats...little do they know that are about to be sampled.
Is this a one time thing, or can I do this multiple times? I have a list

UNCgolf

Tends to happen in warm weather states. I have 4 - 5 either drive through or ride through animal tours within a half day's drive from me in FL

Again, though, most of them (I assume not all) are places that shouldn't be receiving anyone's money. There's a couple not too far from me in Atlanta but they've both had numerous citations for animal mistreatment/abuse. They're often miserable places for the animals on display.

They tend to be run more like something out of Tiger King than an actual high quality zoo.

JoeCamel

Again, though, most of them (I assume not all) are places that shouldn't be receiving anyone's money. There's a couple not too far from me in Atlanta but they've both had numerous citations for animal mistreatment/abuse. They're often miserable places for the animals on display.

They tend to be run more like something out of Tiger King than an actual high quality zoo.
Saw the billboards when I was passing through a couple of weeks ago. Wondered what it would be like but didn't bite. Went to High Falls state park instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom