LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Now THIS is a ton of medals...

FB_IMG_1597789362595.jpg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I need to find a way to add an extension on mine or figure out some magical better way to arrange or hang the medals so you can see all of them.

Mine say they can “hold 40 medals” but this is what they look like with 19 on each. I do like having a flip book of my bibs right there though!

Definitely going to need to figure something out before adding all the virtual medals and the next 8 between W&D/Marathon/Kessell Run and my other local races between now and April (if any happen)!
E04FB16E-9A95-4162-B4B1-BC37AA82CABD.jpeg
E72D1D42-7E0C-4BE3-98B9-85BFB65B8B84.jpeg
E735D35F-4E37-4A0B-B7F7-FAC92A05FF20.png

LAKid53

Premium Member
View attachment 491809
I went with a simple hanger since I have non-Disney ones as well. I bought the larger size thinking it would take a while to fill up, and now I’m almost out of room! I mentioned getting a second one, and my husband countered that I should just take down some of the older ones. Blasphemy!

Are those the Space Coast medals? Cool.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I need to find a way to add an extension on mine or figure out some magical better way to arrange or hang the medals so you can see all of them.

Mine say they can “hold 40 medals” but this is what they look like with 19 on each. I do like having a flip book of my bibs right there though!

Definitely going to need to figure something out before adding all the virtual medals and the next 8 between W&D/Marathon/Kessell Run and my other local races between now and April (if any happen)!
View attachment 491816View attachment 491817View attachment 491815

Who thought we'd get to the point we start worrying about space to hang race medals.

Demarke

Premium Member
Who thought we'd get to the point we start worrying about space to hang race medals.
Haha, yep, I would have called you crazy just two years ago! When I started I was thinking about getting those Disney shadow boxes, I’d have to build new walls on my house if I’d gone with that method now that I’ve found myself signing up for just about everything runDisney does!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yep, when I started I was thinking about getting those Disney shadow boxes, I’d have to build new walls on my house if I’d started going with that method now that I’ve found myself signing up for just about everything runDisney does!

One of the ladies in my FB running group posted photos of her newly created "running" room. Once I can get my spare bedroom cleaned out, that's what I'm going to do. Space for my growing collection of running apparel - skirts, shirts, socks, shoes and lots of wall space for medals. Except for the wall the Tonal I'm considering will be installed on.

Figment82

View attachment 491816View attachment 491817View attachment 491815
Do you have the little plastic alligator clips? They work wonders for shortening the ribbons so you can hang multiple layers of medals and still see them all. I was skeptical that they would stay despite the weight, but they’ve held wonderfully.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
What do you guys do for medal displays? Now that I’m going to have a ton of medals I should probably get a hanger eventually.

Torn between 2 of them so still deciding the “runDisney“ one on Etsy that just says run disney plus every mile is magic and the “Magic World” one on Etsy that has a bunch of disney world icons. Leaning toward the runDisney one like the understated design plus better value.

I HIGHLY recommend Allied on etsy. I have 2 racks from them currently

Demarke

Premium Member
Do you have the little plastic alligator clips? They work wonders for shortening the ribbons so you can hang multiple layers of medals and still see them all. I was skeptical that they would stay despite the weight, but they’ve held wonderfully.
Good call, I hadn’t thought of that, I need to get some!

RunningKoen

Well, I use a very space efficient Nike box for my medals. There is a bit of paper towel involved to prevent the medals from damaging each other (#madeinChina)

The entire row of Dutch medals is easy recognisable due to its way smaller size.
1597843614827.png

I once displayed all my medals just for myself to check my entire collection.

Sorted by year, distance and split for location. (WDW on the left, Paris on the right. The castle to Chateau challenge to divide them ;-)
1597843764232.png

And all my bibs are sorted in a different nike box. I once counted all my miles in Dutch and runDisney races, but don't have those numbers written down. I stopped counting the shorter (5K & 10K) races.

1597843869100.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom