1 - One Sentence Competition, Season Five Episode 3

tcool123

Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Journey

This new attraction located in a hypothetical castle park utilizes the Carousel Theater technology (Carousel of Progress) to take guests through the story of Beauty and the Beast featuring countless animatronics, memorable tunes, gorgeous sets, projections, lasers, screens, spotlights, and various magic tricks (scrims and lighting like in COP) to convey the story of the classic and beloved film.

BATB.png

Shannoninthemagic

The star attraction in a new castle ( taking inspiration from all of the princesses), is a combo family coaster/ and dark ride that takes you on an adventure with your favorite princess ( There are 13 different tracks that a car can be assigned to based off magicband info), you'll pass by animatronics and sets as you travel the track with personalized songs themed to the track you are on weaving in and out of the castle. .

AceAstro

Hunt for the Dragon

1597277622003.png

A new walkthrough experience has the guests travel under the castle looking for an Audio-animatronic dragon that is causing havoc above ground and eventually find him - the guests pull out Excalibur from the stone and it shines just right (even though they are underground) to scare the dragon away ( through the use of lights, smoke, and a false wall).​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Waltz Upon a Dream

Yn0X.gif

A new experience inside the Royal Fantasy Ballroom inside the newest Disney castle, guests of all ages (but especially the younger ones) will get the chance to dance in a Royal Ball with Disney princesses and princes with free dance parties at special times throughout the day and longer premium lessons/experiences available for an up-charge (Including one that is only for ages 16 and up who wish to learn to dance and Waltz in Walt's Park).

Tux

The Sovereign Symphony Spin
1597282393272.png
Upon entering the grand and brand new Castle Of Dreams, the guests head down a royal hall that consists of many different combined features from the Thirteen Princesses' respective dwellings until it finally leads to a room similar to the Princess Room from Ralph Breaks The Internet but less modern where guests finally board the various colorful and diversely patterned ribbon themed carts of The Sovereign Symphony Spin, an enlengthened Music Express flat ride that contributes the standard thrills as expected from the attraction but instead of passing by standard backgrounds it heads past said Thirteen Princesses in AA form as one soundtrack per their respective movie which they sing plays in which their respective singer's AA will sing along while the other AAs engage in idle animations while they wait for their turn.

mickeyfan5534

The Royal Waltz

Inside Disney's newest castle is a grand ballroom where animatronic versions of the Disney Princesses dance with their Princes amongst guests in their own magical dancing cars to the tunes of classic songs of romance like Someday My Prince Will Come, Once Upon a Dream, A Whole New World, Beauty and the Beast, and I See the Light.​

Outbound

The DisneyPrincessClub

1597285282056.png

A spiritual successor to the Adventurer's Club (without the drinks), come in n' out from 3:00 - 7:00 daily to dance and speak to various Disney Princesses and Princes (note: you cannot take pictures or autographs, to prevent people from just bypassing the meet and greets) or watch the colorful Disney character interact with each other: as Disney produces further films, more character will join the ever-rotating cast of the DisneyPrincess Club.​

Orange Cat

THE MARCH OF THE SORCERERS
D3F3004A-5F0E-4E5F-B703-E45BE4B20FC9.jpeg
My idealized castle will be the hub of a new mobile game, which has players tracking down Disney characters (represented by 3D models of them) across the park, after sorcerer Mickey accidentally causes a rift in dimensions, the twist being that not all the characters are necessary to “beat” the game, allowing for trading in the castle & other stations around the park, & once you collect the necessary amount of characters to “beat” the game & go back to the castle you’ll see an end cutscene & will be rewarded with Yensid & sorcerer Mickey.

D Hulk

REVIEWS

Two approaches to this challenge emerged: Charming, small-scale attractions, and headlining E-tickets. Both approaches are valid, and I loved examples from each camp.

anyways uh new castle with an indoor sleeping beauty coaster
Sleeping Beauty Coaster
@Imagineer Sroo

It’s always nice when a park icon is also an E-ticket, something like Spaceship Earth or Journey to the Center of the Earth. This gives the park a centerpiece experience. No Disney Castle has done this…yet.

I like the boldness of your idea. Would the coaster be 100% indoors and 100% within the castle itself? Unless the ride and castle are very carefully designed in tandem, the castle would risk looking even boxier than Shanghai’s. Though with something family-friendly on a smaller scale like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, located partially to one side, and maybe using some landscaping & perspective tricks a-la Paris, I think this idea could work very well.

And Sleeping Beauty is a good choice for a coaster.​

Cinderella Castle Walkthrough
View attachment 490217
Using the space formerly occupied by Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, this walkthrough attraction uses projections, murals, mosaics, special effects, a couple of interactive elements, and more to retell the story of Tokyo Disneyland's icon's namesake, providing a magical experience for anyone who happens upon it.
Cinderella Castle Walkthrough
@Brer Panther

You get the highest possible marks for realism!

To the best of my memory & research, the only Mystery Tour was in Tokyo. The Cinderella Fairy Tale Hall that they recently replaced it with is nearly EXACTLY what you’ve proposed. I will assume that you didn’t know that. Which means you had the same idea that real Imagineers did! How rad is that?! You even outdid them, with some plusses like projections which they forgot.

Of course Tokyo’s Cinderella Castle walkthrough is deeply charming & loveable. It was the inspiration for this challenge. You hit that bullseye perfectly!​

D Hulk

Rapunzel's Tangled Gallery

Rapunzel-Painting-S.gif

Within the halls of the newly opened Rapunzel Castle, guests will take in the sights and wonders of a brand new art gallery, whose many murals and paintings depict the lovely sights and familiar faces from the world of Tangled, along with a chance to meet the gallery's signature artist: Princess Rapunzel!
Rapunzel’s Tangled Gallery
@DashHaber

My current avatar is actually Rapunzel Castle…the one we developed for Mumbai Disneyland in the most recent Sorcerer’s Apprentice game. So I am very fond of this.

The attraction’s specifics as fairly similar to what @Brer Panther proposed – the same charming gallery with meet-&-greet – and I appreciate your concept for many of the same reasons. For a small-scale walkthrough attraction, this hits all the proper notes.
Once Upon a Princess

View attachment 490226

This new walkthrough attraction brings 13 princesses (Snow White, Rapunzel, Tiana, Aurora, Merida, Anna, Elsa, Jasmine, Mulan, Pocahontas, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, and Moana who all correlate with the castle exterior) stories come to life at Hong Kong Disneyland's Castle of Magical Dreams using screens to show different scenes in a mosaic form to retell each classic princess story.
Once Upon a Princess
@NateD1226

Hong Kong Disneyland really does need that castle renovation. I haven’t looked into what, if anything, they have planned as far as castle activities. Your proposal certainly fits the bill!

This sounds very much like something Shanghai Disneyland would do: combining as many Princesses as possible, and wedding them to screen tech. The mosaic effect would be magically dreamlike. My personal preference, having visited Shanghai, is for castles with a narrower focus on one Princess. But I’m not the audience here! This all-in-one approach is tailored for Chinese culture, making your proposal both realistic and appropriate for its park.​

D Hulk

MYSTERY CASTLE

View attachment 490296

Mystery Castle is a sister attraction to the Haunted Mansion, marrying that classic’s jovial frights with the conceptual basis of the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, sending omnimover carriage buggies, with narration from the Magic Mirror, past unexplained magical happenings (tapestries whose subjects seem alive and a "Higitus Figitus" style furniture whirlwind), through semi-ominous dungeons (a crow-guarded cauldron of boiling potions and the animated black armour of a knight and his horse), leading to the chilling caves of a waking dragon before we can return to the bright, fairytale castle above.
Mystery Castle
@InspectorSpacetime

With one sentence you paint an evocative picture of a playfully spooky haunted castle. After several princess walkthroughs in a row, you were wise to go a very different route.

I’m a little concerned that this ride might taint the entire castle with a ghostly reputation. You would want a light-hearted attraction (something in the spires opposite Mystery Castle’s dungeons?) for balance. Paris handles that balance well, with the hair-raising dragon lair actually off to one side and not inside the castle itself – which houses Sleeping Beauty murals. As a centerpiece attraction in the park’s icon, I have doubts about the dark tone. There’s a reason that Tokyo replaced their Mystery Tour with a Princess.
KNAVES OF THE ROUND TABLE
sword-in-stone-disneyscreencaps.com-2744.jpg

Cometh forth, valorous guests, to the courtyard of our royal castle, to participate in trials to decideth whether thou has't the qualities of a Knight of the Round Table; learning how to useth the sword, shield, and lance, and to joust (minus the actual horse), to understandeth the valour and code of chivalry, as hath taught by the squabbling Sir Ector, Sir Kay, and Merlin, and those who succeed shalt beest granted an honourary knight of the Land of Disney!

(Translated via the Shakepseare translator!)
Knaves of the Round Table
@Evilgidgit

Verily thine imagination runneth wild! This doth seem to be a live show perform’d in yon Fantasyland courtyard. Like those massive castle shows in ye olde Hub, but with a gamesome interactive style more liketh Disneyland’s Fantasy Faire. This, I like. T’keeps the castle’s medieval flair. It steereth hence from the Princess Brand without humour out-of-place. It doth resurrect The Sword in the Stone f’r a new generation.

Wouldst yond this somehow beest locat’d inside the castle proper. As a courtyard show, this beest a dram bit beyond the prompt’s purview. But these be but min’r vexations in a proposal overflowing with the font of Imagineering’s muse, methinks.​

D Hulk

View attachment 490337

While the nearby Robin Hood float-through partial dark ride navigates the river leading into The Castle dungeon in “Robin Hood’s River Rescue”, the experience all remember most about The Castle invites you into the tallest spire via elevator, bringing the bravest and the boldest to test their faith in the power of pixie dust that’s sprinkled on riders who must get a firm grip on a happy thought and their harness (and a pen to sign the 40 page waiver) and ‘jump out’ of Wendy’s window (zipline) to the chorus of “You can fly, you can fly, you can fly, you can fly, you can flyyyyyy!” landing riders in Tinkerbell’s house in Neverland (a section of Fantasyland).
Tinkerbell’s Flight to Neverland
@VaderTron

There are really two ideas here. Robin Hood’s River Rescue is a winner, partially using the castle for a larger-scale ride. It takes the unrealized promise of Shanghai’s Voyage to the Crystal Grotto, and it improves upon it.

The zip line, though…I am not a fan. I am sorry. Even with the character details and all the pixie dust, a pure thrill like this feels wrong as a centerpiece Disney attraction. Sometimes ideas can be too bold! The hourly capacity would be low. The forced perspective would suffer. Overall, this feels more like an upcharge found beyond the parks.

Perhaps your inspiration was that zip line Tinkerbell uses in Disneyland, stretching from the Matterhorn. That works well as a nighttime show element. It would be very distracting as a regular ride ferrying tourists overhead.

Once Upon a Time

Once Upon a Time is a trackless dark ride where guests enter scenes from their favorite Disney Princess movies and dance along to favorite songs like “I See the Light“, “Tale as Old as Time“, and “So This is Love” all narrated by the Fairy Godmother on a magical adventure through Disney’s most magical moments.
Once Upon a Time
@NigelChanning09

This is another fun concept Castle E-Ticket Sweepstakes. A dancing trackless dark ride absolutely fits the whimsical, romantic tone you’d expect to find in a Disney Castle. Like with all E-ticket proposals, I’ll assume that a nearby hidden show building houses most of the ride.

Initially I was worried about this being a “Princesses best-of” ride. The best choice you’ve made is using the Fairy Godmother to M.C. the whole attraction. She ties it all together. Let’s hope this ride has fantastic hourly capacity, because the queue is going to be packed!​

D Hulk

This new attraction located in a hypothetical castle park utilizes the Carousel Theater technology (Carousel of Progress) to take guests through the story of Beauty and the Beast featuring countless animatronics, memorable tunes, gorgeous sets, projections, lasers, screens, spotlights, and various magic tricks (scrims and lighting like in COP) to convey the story of the classic and beloved film.

View attachment 490422
@tcool123

The Carousel Theater approach is rarely seen. It helps your idea stand apart from the other E-tickets. Long-term this sort of show/ride hybrid might not draw crowds as well as another ride type (depending on the resort), but somehow in the castle location for reasons I can’t quite explain I think it would remain popular. I’m grateful that you focused exclusively on Beauty and the Beast over a Princess free-for-all. Presumably this would be connected to a hypothetical Belle Castle. For animatronics, perhaps you could duplicate some from Tokyo?

The custom artwork shows your passion and helps to clarify. Since images are entirely optional, I won’t (consciously) consider this when doling out medals.​

The star attraction in a new castle ( taking inspiration from all of the princesses), is a combo family coaster/ and dark ride that takes you on an adventure with your favorite princess ( There are 13 different tracks that a car can be assigned to based off magicband info), you'll pass by animatronics and sets as you travel the track with personalized songs themed to the track you are on weaving in and out of the castle. .
Princess Dark Ride/Coaster Hybrid
@Shannoninthemagic

Welcome to the One Sentence Competition! I hope you enjoyed creating your first sentence proposal, and I hope to see many more.

This is an incredibly ambitious idea, combining a hybridized ride system, branching tracks, MagicBands, and the entire Disney Princess brand. Since this competition limits players to a single sentence, all that matters is grabbing my attention…which you’ve certainly done. Guests would want to reride this again and again to enjoy every option. How would future Princesses get added? Could guests get more control over which scenes they experience?

These single sentences are elevator pitches. Sometimes we have teamwork competitions where pitches like these get discussed further. Questions are brought up and answered. This is a very intriguing pitch which suggests so many creative options!​

D Hulk

Hunt for the Dragon

View attachment 490452

A new walkthrough experience has the guests travel under the castle looking for an Audio-animatronic dragon that is causing havoc above ground and eventually find him - the guests pull out Excalibur from the stone and it shines just right (even though they are underground) to scare the dragon away ( through the use of lights, smoke, and a false wall).
Hunt for the Dragon
@AceAstro

The Paris dragon is the best real world castle attraction of them all! It makes a good foundation for your idea. I wish you'd gone further! This is mostly an interactive plussing of the Paris version, without much of a personal touch. If you'd taken a different tact, like making an E-ticket ride from this kernel of an idea (shades of the Beastlie Kingdomme dragon coaster with this suggestion), that would have been far more spectacular.​

Waltz Upon a Dream

Yn0X.gif

A new experience inside the Royal Fantasy Ballroom inside the newest Disney castle, guests of all ages (but especially the younger ones) will get the chance to dance in a Royal Ball with Disney princesses and princes with free dance parties at special times throughout the day and longer premium lessons/experiences available for an up-charge (Including one that is only for ages 16 and up who wish to learn to dance and Waltz in Walt's Park).
Waltz Upon a Dream
@Pi on my Cake

Will there be a Singles Night up-charge? ;)

I'm not sure there's been anything like this before. The closest comparison would be those trippy nighttime dance parties like TRON, but clearly a refined indoors waltz isn't the same thing. Parents would love it mostly for the chance to sit down. Let their children dance away some energy. In some ways this sounds more like something that would appear in a Disney hotel or cruise, especially with the up-charges. But Disney occasionally likes to experiment in their parks, and add low-cost attractions like this one to see if it works. So would this work? Yeah, I think it would, in the right park. Very interesting idea.​

D Hulk

View attachment 490479
Upon entering the grand and brand new Castle Of Dreams, the guests head down a royal hall that consists of many different combined features from the Thirteen Princesses' respective dwellings until it finally leads to a room similar to the Princess Room from Ralph Breaks The Internet but less modern where guests finally board the various colorful and diversely patterned ribbon themed carts of The Sovereign Symphony Spin, an enlengthened Music Express flat ride that contributes the standard thrills as expected from the attraction but instead of passing by standard backgrounds it heads past said Thirteen Princesses in AA form as one soundtrack per their respective movie which they sing plays in which their respective singer's AA will sing along while the other AAs engage in idle animations while they wait for their turn.
@Tux

Again with the Thirteen Princesses! o_O While there are certainly ways to theme a Music Express around a single Disney IP (offhand Beauty and the Beast's "Be Our Guest" scene would work), it works this way too. And going omni-princess is a valid approach, one that fits Disney Co., Ltd.'s current trends.

While most of these castle attractions could go upstairs, or to one side, this flat ride would need to be dead center! In the castle's heart, the main floor, under the vaulted ceiling, visible from beyond the drawbridge and from Fantasyland. If you could avoid the bottlenecking issue seen with Aladdin's Flying Carpets in Adventureland, then you're golden. The Castle of Dreams would become a very special place, with unparalleled kineticism. Though doing thirteen animatronics for a flat ride seems excessive. Not realistic for today's Disney, sadly.​

The Royal Waltz

Inside Disney's newest castle is a grand ballroom where animatronic versions of the Disney Princesses dance with their Princes amongst guests in their own magical dancing cars to the tunes of classic songs of romance like Someday My Prince Will Come, Once Upon a Dream, A Whole New World, Beauty and the Beast, and I See the Light.
The Royal Waltz
@mickeyfan5534

This sounds very similar to The Sovereign Symphony Spin which @Tux just proposed. Many similarities: Princess animatronics. All the songs. What sounds like a flat ride. Between these, @Tux 's has a bit more specificity, like a ballroom which is clear in the mind, and by coming first it gets the originality points as well. Though on its own this is a cute idea.​

D Hulk

The DisneyPrincessClub

View attachment 490487

A spiritual successor to the Adventurer's Club (without the drinks), come in n' out from 3:00 - 7:00 daily to dance and speak to various Disney Princesses and Princes (note: you cannot take pictures or autographs, to prevent people from just bypassing the meet and greets) or watch the colorful Disney character interact with each other: as Disney produces further films, more character will join the ever-rotating cast of the DisneyPrincess Club.
The DisneyPrincessTM Club
@Outbound

Without the drinks?! Not interested!

This sounds like a meet-&-greet on crack cocaine. There's so much more - the dancing, the character rotation, the whatnot. I've never experienced the Adventurer's Club, though it continues to have a sterling reputation, so while I am having a little trouble myself picturing how this would work, I have to assume that it would. Though somewhat like the dance party which @Pi on my Cake suggested, this sounds like the sort of thing which might work better outside of the parks. Hanging around at length with characters, even sans booze, would stress me out when I could be speed-running the rides.​

THE MARCH OF THE SORCERERSView attachment 490492My idealized castle will be the hub of a new mobile game, which has players tracking down Disney characters (represented by 3D models of them) across the park, after sorcerer Mickey accidentally causes a rift in dimensions, the twist being that not all the characters are necessary to “beat” the game, allowing for trading in the castle & other stations around the park, & once you collect the necessary amount of characters to “beat” the game & go back to the castle you’ll see an end cutscene & will be rewarded with Yensid & sorcerer Mickey.
The March of the Sorcerers
@Pufflefan

Some of these ideas are so totally unexpected & original. And while obviously this is clearly building on Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, this sort of plussing really elevates that idea. Turning the castle into the game hub makes so so much sense as the park's centerpiece. It will give players such a sense of importance, much better than starting the game on Main Street. The end cutscene is the cherry on the top! An excellent climax. And as a nice bonus to all this, the game doesn't need to take up very much castle space...heck, you could fold this into an existing castle without much difficulty. I honestly can't think of any negatives; this is a wonderful idea.

What, no Muppets this time?! For shame! :cry:

D Hulk

Challenge Three Results

Sometimes a minimalist write-up of a great idea is enough. Sometimes extra descriptions cannot elevate a lesser idea. The best proposals make a strong, clear impression.

Honorable Mention (0.5 points)
rosette-award-ribbons-2h3vyq.jpg

@NateD1226 – Once Upon a Princess
Though I don’t personally love the “Every-Princess-in-One” approach, it is absolutely the correct decision for Hong Kong.

Bronze Medal (1 point)
25378926288_0282b49fa8_o_d.png

TIE!
@ImagineerSroo – Sleeping Beauty Roller Coaster
&
@Sharroninthemagic – Princess Dark Ride/Coaster Hybrid
Two similar E-ticket ideas, one written with lovely minimalism, the other suggesting dozens of possibilities, both equally intriguing.

Silver Medal (2 points)
25378923678_32843d468b_o_d.png

@Pufflefan – The March of the Sorcerers
A very original idea which could go into any castle and immediately improve the park as a whole!

Gold Medal (3 points)
25378924938_877ca558df_o_d.png

@Brer Panther – Cinderella Castle Walkthrough
For uncanny realism! You accidentally did the same thing as real Imagineers.

Another challenge down! Prepare for Challenge Four.

D Hulk

CHALLENGE FOUR
TOMORROWLAND

enhance

“Don’t eat in Tomorrowland.” No matter the Disney Castle Park, travel guides keep on offering this advice. The various Tomorrowlands (including Paris’ steampunk Discoveryland) offer exciting rides, bold futuristic visions…and generally mediocre carnival food. Mostly burgers and pizzas. That’s a shame when the other lands boast so many exciting eateries.

Your task is to propose a Tomorrowland restaurant which has good food and fantastic theming.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Friday, August 14th, at midnight EST.

-Tips-

KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!

NigelChanning

The Edna Mode Experience
B52EA5CA-06BB-4003-AE84-D75B769BF9DC.jpeg

Enter the futuristic residence of eccentric fashion designer, Edna Mode, and keep an eye out for Jack Jack Parr, the infant child of Bob and Hellen Parr, as he unleashes his vast variety of superpowers (electricity, teleportation, etc.) in a collection of immersive dining rooms like Edna’s design studio, display room, main living room, and testing quarters as well as enjoy unique meals themed to different heroes like a Frozone themed ice cream that Edna herself would describe as “super”!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom