Kids keeping there masks on.

Figment1979

Original Poster
hello i am coming in mid september with my 4 kids which 3 will need to wear mask. Anyone having trouble getting there kids to keep mask on correctly?

Last edited:

ElvisMickey

hello i am coming in mid september with my 4 kids which 3 will need to wear mask. Anyone having trouble getting there kids to keep mask on correctly? How strict are cast members being towards children? I understand my mask need to be worn properly the whole time.im trying to work on training them now but they havnt had much experince cause they have barley left the house since this started in march.

Honestly, whether the cast members are strict or not is irrelevant. Be more concerned about getting others sick as opposed to getting called out by cast members. These are the current rules in the parks. If you don’t think your kids will wear the masks properly, you shouldn’t be there. Kids aren’t getting passes right now just because they’re kids.

Weather_Lady

You've got time - start "training" them now, just as you would if there was some other aspect of the trip (eating at a restaurant, navigating an airport, walking long distances) for which they were unprepared. Have them wear masks around the house, or while watching TV, or while playing outside (perhaps with a modest reward, like a favorite snack, or dollars toward a Disney souvenir, if they keep it on for certain amounts of time). Appropriate mask-wearing is like anything else: after you've done it for awhile, you get used to it.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
812rjs0H3eL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Figment1979

Original Poster
OP everyone needs to keep their mask on properly.
If your kids can't do it then I suggest you cancel.
If its lack of experience then give them the experience and have them wear it when in public or even around the house between now and then.
Im working on getting them to wear there mask. There taking walks with them on, wearing around the house. The real little ones just havnt had much practice cause were lucky enough to work from home so not having to take them out much.if it was as easy as canceling i would but i rented dvc points which are unrefundable unless they close. So i was looking for pointers from PARENTS who have been then so far with kids and see how they did and if they had pointers.

Last edited:

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Im working on getting them to wear there mask. There taking walks with them on, wearing around the house. The real little ones just havnt had much practice cause were lucky enough to work from home so not having to take them out much.if it was as easy as canceling i would but i rented dvc points which are unrefundable unless they close. So i was looking for pointers from PARENTS who have been then so far with kids and see how they did and if they had pointers.
I don't have kids personally but my nephew (4) wears a mask no issue now. My sister explained to him, in terms he can understand, that is important because a virus is going around and we need to protect ourselves and others. She also got him some really cool cloth masks and he can choose which on he wears when they go out. He now grabs it without much thought when they head for the car. He even reminds her to grab hers if she forgets! lol

The4mousekeeters

Having just returned, I think it's super helpful that everywhere they look in the parks they will see people wearing masks. As different as it is for them, it normalizes it to see everyone doing it.
And if they take it off or wear it pulled down a CM will pretty quickly remind them to pull it back up.
You will probably be surprised at how well they handle it. Have such a great trip!

AlexBotom

Well wearing masks can add more fun to them, my nephew who is 5 years old wears masks without any problems. II bought him a new mask with Goofy image, he was so happy:)

Club Cooloholic

In my last trip I noticed, if the parents were wearing masks properly, the kids did too, and I'd Mom and dad had them fitting wrong or off a lot, the kids followed suit. Parents take the lead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom