Status of resort refillable mug stations?

crawale

There are lots of instances where various businesses have created these ridiculous safety theater processes where if you actually look at what is happening the customer is just as worse off as he would have been under the prior processes. I've seen countless instances where the worker wears plastic gloves while handling things that are passed back and forth to the customer without ever putting on clean glvoes. I'm sure it might protect the worker but it does nothing for the customers. Which is what is happening in the method you described.
Exactly . Also masks that are folded and put in your pocket, taken out and used day after day. In grocery stores customers handling produce with gloves on then putting it back for others. All these stupid procedures - 10% capacity, 25% capacity, 50% capacity , 2.5% capacity are just feel good procedures. If Fauci said wear a trash bag tightly tied aound your head no doubt many would do it. They would of course never get COVID as they would die of suffocation.

Dad 2 M & M

Any update on if they're selling the refillable mugs? I know some people had said they heard what the process was but I just wanted to confirm from someone who has been since the reopening.
Per trip reports:
Yes they are selling them.
As previously mentioned, you show your mug (and receipt if asked) and the CM will fill a disposable cup for you.
Correct...they are selling mugs and CM gives you a new paper cup as a refill.

At Pop, the entire drink dispensing area is barricaded with tables, and the "serving" table faces the cashiers/food court. Every morning coffee is already in cups on said table, and you grab and go. One of the evenings we noticed the CMs had filled many cups and had them in rows (Coke, Sprite, Zero, etc...)

One other note on Pop dining. The entrance is now thru the shopping area (no entrance from the outside;exit only), with a checkpoint from the lobby to enter the shopping area (CM limiting capacity), as well as another CM checkpoint from the interior walkway from shopping to dining. One morning peeps had to wait to enter as the dining was at capacity. They also had CMs stationed at the exit doors not allowing to enter and directing them to the lobby area "entrance". This was happening in the A.M. and was relaxed every evening.

Dad 2 M & M

Under this scenario what is stopping someone from bringing a mug they bought on their last trip(assuming the same design still) and using it? If they aren't scanning them anymore
Hey, thanks for the idea of bringing an old cup back. ;) LOL
Yes one can still steal the drinks, but now you have to ask for them.......might deter some from the covert operation(s)

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

I don't think that you understand that my comment was sarcasm. You know, in case the LOL and the wink wasn't clear. I don't steal. It was a joke.
I read it that way and there was sarcasm in my comment as well.....i should have phrased my comment as "one can still steal" vs the 2nd person "you"......just edited my previous post

no ill intent on my end......

jaklgreen

So I am wondering, do people still bring their refillable mug to show the cast member or are they just handing out the drinks to anyone who asks? I imagine it is one of those things that depends on the cast member that day. I am just imaging a scenario where, as someone posted, they are handing out coffee that it would be easier to leave your cup in your room and just grab the to go coffee and be on your way.

Dad 2 M & M

So I am wondering, do people still bring their refillable mug to show the cast member or are they just handing out the drinks to anyone who asks? I imagine it is one of those things that depends on the cast member that day. I am just imaging a scenario where, as someone posted, they are handing out coffee that it would be easier to leave your cup in your room and just grab the to go coffee and be on your way.
Recently at Pop the coffee cups were filled, lined up and ready to grab in the a.m.

One of the evenings the CM had lines of assorted soda cups there for anyone to grab. The remainder of time we were there you showed your refillable mug or receipt and they filled per request.

Do need to point out one could not order food at the counter (pop Century), and could only pick up orders placed via the app.....maybe they had received many orders and went ahead and filled soda cups on the one evening when they were readily available?

PolynesianPrincess

Correct...they are selling mugs and CM gives you a new paper cup as a refill.

At Pop, the entire drink dispensing area is barricaded with tables, and the "serving" table faces the cashiers/food court. Every morning coffee is already in cups on said table, and you grab and go. One of the evenings we noticed the CMs had filled many cups and had them in rows (Coke, Sprite, Zero, etc...)

One other note on Pop dining. The entrance is now thru the shopping area (no entrance from the outside;exit only), with a checkpoint from the lobby to enter the shopping area (CM limiting capacity), as well as another CM checkpoint from the interior walkway from shopping to dining. One morning peeps had to wait to enter as the dining was at capacity. They also had CMs stationed at the exit doors not allowing to enter and directing them to the lobby area "entrance". This was happening in the A.M. and was relaxed every evening.

Awesome info! We're staying at Pop so this is really helpful! Thank you!! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Recently at Pop the coffee cups were filled, lined up and ready to grab in the a.m.

One of the evenings the CM had lines of assorted soda cups there for anyone to grab. The remainder of time we were there you showed your refillable mug or receipt and they filled per request.

Do need to point out one could not order food at the counter (pop Century), and could only pick up orders placed via the app.....maybe they had received many orders and went ahead and filled soda cups on the one evening when they were readily available?

Staying at Pop next month so this info is helpful! Thank you!

Nautilus

Related question that doesn't need it's own thread... what is the current straw situation? Are there wrapped straws available either at resorts or parks quick service?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom