Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

In fairness to Disney, Harrsion Ford has been complaining for decades that George Lucas refused to kill him in Return of the Jedi. I am willing to bet being killed off in the first movie was at Ford's insistence. Disney probably would have loved to have gotten an entire trilogy out of Han.
Ok then you do that in the last movie of the trilogy looong after we have a reunion with Han, Luke and Leia on scren which should have happened in The Force Awakens.

Lintemuthstudios

Deja Vu time. After a substantial Epic Universe delay, Nintendo is rumored to go back into Kidzone.

1596335887356.png

BrianLo

I'm one of those people that wanted Nintendo in USF in the first place, so I'm not too mad about the delay. I feel bad for all the people who got laid off though.

I agree. I don't expect the third park to be forever cancelled, but I definitely lamented in the past it felt like they were rushing it ahead when the Studios in particular really needed more attention.

I don't think the parks need to be perfect by any means, but the Studios has gotten worse since 2014. Nintendo was to be a marked turning point towards making it the flagship park again.

And IOA has essentially a shuttered land too.

lebeau

Ok then you do that in the last movie of the trilogy looong after we have a reunion with Han, Luke and Leia on scren which should have happened in The Force Awakens.

That's my point. Ford did that once. He wasn't going to sign on to another trilogy. He agreed to TFA so that he could get himself killed right away and people would stop asking him to play Han Solo again. The only reason he came back for that RoS cameo is that he really liked JJ Abrams.

Rob562

I agree. I don't expect the third park to be forever cancelled, but I definitely lamented in the past it felt like they were rushing it ahead when the Studios in particular really needed more attention.

I don't think the parks need to be perfect by any means, but the Studios has gotten worse since 2014. Nintendo was to be a marked turning point towards making it the flagship park again.

And IOA has essentially a shuttered land too.

You think Studios needs more work than IOA?

-Rob

lebeau

You think Studios needs more work than IOA?

-Rob

This is really a matter of perspective. My short answer would be that I feel the Studios needs more work than IOA. But they both have different needs right now.

The Studios has a wider selection of rides/attractions. But you can get screen burnout really easily in that park. Theme ranges from exceptional (DA) to underwhelming (much of the park). Most recent rides (Jimmy Fallow, Fast and Furious) disappointed many with F&F considered to be one of the worst rides in town.

IOA is a much more immersive park in general. In terms of quality of theme, I'll put it up against any domestic Disney park. And it hosts some great rides. Problem is, a lot of them won't appeal to everyone. If you're going to enjoy the water rides, you have to plan accordingly or be okay being soaked. Not everyone will ride the big coasters. You take those out and the attraction line-up starts getting thin.

We actually spend more time in the Studios than we do in IOA because my kids prefer motion simulators to coasters. But I feel like IOA is a more fully realized park.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

That's my point. Ford did that once. He wasn't going to sign on to another trilogy. He agreed to TFA so that he could get himself killed right away and people would stop asking him to play Han Solo again. The only reason he came back for that RoS cameo is that he really liked JJ Abrams.
Yeah you're right. He was done with Star Wars because he hates it. It's not like he went to the dedication of Galaxy's Edge in Anaheim or anything :rolleyes:

lebeau

Yeah you're right. He was done with Star Wars because he hates it. It's not like he went to the dedication of Galaxy's Edge in Anaheim or anything :rolleyes:

Dude. Are you seriously unfamiliar with Harrison Ford's decades-long history of wanting to kill off Han Solo?

ENTERTAINMENT

HARRISON FORD IS HAPPY HAN SOLO FINALLY DIED IN 'THE FORCE AWAKENS'

“I think it’s a fitting use of the character,” Ford said in response to a fan’s question about Solo’s death. “I’ve been arguing for Han Solo to die for about 30 years, not because I was tired of him or because he’s boring, but his sacrifice for the other characters would lend gravitas and emotional weight.”

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Dude. Are you seriously unfamiliar with Harrison Ford's decades-long history of wanting to kill off Han Solo?

ENTERTAINMENT

HARRISON FORD IS HAPPY HAN SOLO FINALLY DIED IN 'THE FORCE AWAKENS'

“I think it’s a fitting use of the character,” Ford said in response to a fan’s question about Solo’s death. “I’ve been arguing for Han Solo to die for about 30 years, not because I was tired of him or because he’s boring, but his sacrifice for the other characters would lend gravitas and emotional weight.”
Yeah he wanted to kill him sooo bad that is why he was happy to come back as ghost Han im Rise of the girl who steals Luke's Last Name. 🙄

Disneyhead'71

Last edited:

Mike S

The Grand Inquisitor

Deja Vu time. After a substantial Epic Universe delay, Nintendo is rumored to go back into Kidzone.

View attachment 488513
Such a great show. But yeah this news is nuts! I hope this means How to Train your Dragon can replace Lost Continent and then Ministry of Magic can replace Fear Factor Live. I bet Universal will eventually build a third park but not anytime soon. I see them building new lands and rides at the current parks instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom