Who is going to WDW?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Is this a new thing (like in recent weeks)? My husband travels a lot for work and has already gone to a few different states in the last couple of months - one including CA, which I admit made us a little nervous. He said they didn't ask him anything and our state is also one of the bad states. Next week he's going to Colorado. He takes all the precautions he can. So far so good and, yes, he quarantines himself after each trip.

Failure to submit this travel health form or to self-quarantine may result in a civil penalty of $1,000 for each such violation.

Travelers who leave the airport without completing the form will be subject to a $2,000 fine and may be brought to a hearing and ordered to complete mandatory quarantine.

Failure to complete this form or failure to comply with the quarantine if applicable may result in a $500 fine per day.

For example.

DfromATX

Failure to submit this travel health form or to self-quarantine may result in a civil penalty of $1,000 for each such violation.

Travelers who leave the airport without completing the form will be subject to a $2,000 fine and may be brought to a hearing and ordered to complete mandatory quarantine.

Failure to complete this form or failure to comply with the quarantine if applicable may result in a $500 fine per day.

For example.

Interesting... maybe it's just those states. He's gone to California (LA), Kansas, OK, and CO next week. He said they haven't made him fill out any form and it's just been travel as usual.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Interesting... maybe it's just those states. He's gone to California (LA), Kansas, OK, and CO next week. He said they haven't made him fill out any form and it's just been travel as usual.
As of Thursday, the states (plus DC and Chicago) with travel restrictions:

Connecticut
Washington DC
Chicago
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Vermont

I'm sure enforcement (or lack thereof) varies by state.

Ben_since_1971

Connecticut
Washington DC
Chicago
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Vermont

In MA enforcement is being left up to local boards of health. That’s dubious as most are volunteers. Local news also reporting that despite being a requirement, there is no one at the airport ensuring you fill out the forms. Seems the only difference between rules on July 31 and August 1 are that the rules now have a fine attached to them.

IanDLBZF

Connecticut
Washington DC
Chicago
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Vermont

Also add Alaska and Hawaii.

IanDLBZF

Going August 13-14 for that matter - staying at the Contemporary. And if you are wondering, I am a local AP.
Next trip after that will be September 5, followed by October 31!

DreamalittleDisney

I would certainly not recommend anyone going if this is your first time, but if you've been several times before and go somewhat frequently I think this a great chance to experience the parks in a different way. If the virus is your concern over whether you go then it's not going to matter if everything is open or not. At this point in time, I think the parks are doing the best they can to keep everyone safe. Our question for our trip in October is whether we end up flying or driving, not whether we go or not.
Just still hoping we can fly into the country for our trip in October ...of we can fly without a quarantine we are coming

So now that WDW is ‘reopened’ who is actually going?
In my previous visits I would always notice a lot of foreigners. Large groups from Brazil, Asia and a lot of European people. I would also see a lot of youth/college groups from the US. (Cheer camps, dance groups and sports leagues). But now that that travel is restricted and youth/ school are all but closed if not virtual, who is going to the parks?
Is it just AP holders and people who already had a trip planned?
Also, in the past WDW Resort guests made up a large group of park goers, but most of the hotels are still closed.

I just came back from WDW and my family had an amazing time.. well, except for the dang masks! Most rides were open of course there weren't any shows or fireworks, but it was great! I highly encourage everyone to bite the bullet, wear the dang mask and go. I hope and pray that the masks will go soon though. In my opinion only, I don't think they do much good anyway. It's just a "comfort" thing for some people. Most of us realize from what has been said about this virus, that it can't "live" in the hot humid environment. Some the sit down restaurants weren't open in the resorts ie.. O'hana, Storybook Point but California Grill was open. We were there a week and the crowds started getting larger in the parks especially in HS. I also heard that Disney has over 29 billion dollars in their "cush" fund so, we'll see what happens.

mf1972

we’re probably going to cancel our oct-nov trip. driving from NJ & back seems too risky for us. we also both work in a hospital & have seen enough of this thing already. that’s just our opinion.

Wendy Pleakley

I just came back from WDW and my family had an amazing time.. well, except for the dang masks! Most rides were open of course there weren't any shows or fireworks, but it was great! I highly encourage everyone to bite the bullet, wear the dang mask and go. I hope and pray that the masks will go soon though. In my opinion only, I don't think they do much good anyway. It's just a "comfort" thing for some people. Most of us realize from what has been said about this virus, that it can't "live" in the hot humid environment. Some the sit down restaurants weren't open in the resorts ie.. O'hana, Storybook Point but California Grill was open. We were there a week and the crowds started getting larger in the parks especially in HS. I also heard that Disney has over 29 billion dollars in their "cush" fund so, we'll see what happens.

Masks reduce the spread of airborne viruses and the ill-advised opinion that the virus can't survive in the heat is nonsense based on the high number of cases in Florida, if nothing else.

People should really stop offering up their "opinions" on what is a medical/scientific issue, and listen to the experts.

mfortis

Original Poster
Masks reduce the spread of airborne viruses and the ill-advised opinion that the virus can't survive in the heat is nonsense based on the high number of cases in Florida, if nothing else.

People should really stop offering up their "opinions" on what is a medical/scientific issue, and listen to the experts.
Yeah. Doctors get paid to ‘practice’ medicine.

Tomi-Rocket

🙋🏼‍♀️ I have 2 trips coming up. Neither are long trips, one is on property, and on each only 1 or 2 day park tickets but still going. (I think,lol.)

elardani

I’ve been to every park but Epcot in the past week, and for the most part, it wasn’t crowded and I never felt concerned about my health or Disney’s precautionary measures. Hollywood Studios yesterday surprised me with 45+ minute waits on all the major attractions. That being said, everything still seemed very safe. I’m not an AP/DVC member; our family just decided to take an impromptu trip because the parks weren’t crowded and I missed out on my senior trip to Disneyland. I didn’t see any large groups anywhere, and we stayed off property. Let me know if you have any other questions!
I finally got to ride the Rise of the resistance this week . It was Insane !!!

Texas84

Going next month. I don't have to quarantine when I return but I'll stay away from my parents for at least 10 days, just in case. Now if I can just get that elusive Beaches and Cream reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom