Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I mean I watched Clone Wars and Rebels so I know Hondo and like him 🤷🏻‍♂️
Even my dad knows who Yoshi is and he never so much as picked up a Mario game before. Everybody knows who Luke, Han,Leia are. Your casual person has no idea who Hondo is nor do they understand why there is a Millenium Falcon ride without Han Solo. by using classic Nintendo characters EVERYBODY knows, Universal has one upped Disneys' Star Wars Town.

Jon81uk

Even my dad knows who Yoshi is and he never so much as picked up a Mario game before. Everybody knows who Luke, Han,Leia are. Your casual person has no idea who Hondo is nor do they understand why there is a Millenium Falcon ride without Han Solo. by using classic Nintendo characters EVERYBODY knows, Universal has one upped Disneys' Star Wars Town.

The original 1955 Snow White's Scary Adventure didn't feature Snow White as you, the guest, was playing the role of snow white and seeing it through her eyes. I think the same logic applies to Millenium Falcon, if you are driving it, why would Han Solo be around, as he would be flying it instead then.
Of course the original 1980s Star Tours opened with an original droid as the pilot as well and that worked better than C3PO in my opinion.

But I've gone off topic.

JT3000

The original 1955 Snow White's Scary Adventure didn't feature Snow White as you, the guest, was playing the role of snow white and seeing it through her eyes. I think the same logic applies to Millenium Falcon, if you are driving it, why would Han Solo be around, as he would be flying it instead then.
Of course the original 1980s Star Tours opened with an original droid as the pilot as well and that worked better than C3PO in my opinion.

But I've gone off topic.

Disney's selling point: "You get to pilot the Millennium Falcon!"

Disney's explanation: "You're piloting the Millennium Falcon because Han is dead. Yeah, we did that."

I like Universal's approach. :)

The Grand Inquisitor

You don't like Hondo?!
1596058247683.png

Tom Morrow

No, you're piloting the Millennium Falcon because Hondo is borrowing it from Chewie and needs your help! (even though he follows you the entire mission which indicates that you or the Falcon weren't really needed). MFSR is such a bizarre concept, story-wise.

Side note: I do agree that the amount of kinetic movement is very impressive and is something that is sorely missing from SWGE, but I don't think it alone is enough to say that this land is better. I still think it looks visually cluttered and physically cramped and well, to me, it's a lot more impressive to create a new world from the ground up and fill it with details that convey a sense of place than it is to copy and paste a bunch of pre-established props and setpieces into a space, Tetris-style. It looks like someone could design this land in Mario Maker if there was a version for Super Mario 3D World. Maybe that's the point, and it does that effectively, but I won't pretend that that is all that creative either.

JT3000

No, you're piloting the Millennium Falcon because Hondo is borrowing it from Chewie and needs your help! (even though he follows you the entire mission which indicates that you or the Falcon weren't really needed). MFSR is such a bizarre concept, story-wise.

... and why is Chewie the current owner? ;)

I'm just going to laugh if the rumors of them making the sequel trilogy non-canon come to fruition.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

But I've gone off topic.
Wrong. We are not Han on the ride and Snow Whote still had the Dwarfs and the witch and enivronments from the movie.

Jon81uk

Wrong. We are not Han on the ride and Snow Whote still had the Dwarfs and the witch and enivronments from the movie.

I didn't say we are Han, just that we are piloting the Falcon and if Han was around, why isn't he in the cockpit? Easier just to not have him.

and yes Snow White did have the other characters from the movie, but it was originally in 1955 structured as if you are the main character, so you never see Snow White, she was only added in 1984. The idea is you are actively having an adventure rather than watching scenes of someone else having one. (and that is one of the issues of The Little Mermaid ride that you are just watching stuff happen).

Similarly in MFSR you are the main character, piloting the Falcon for Hondo. Again if Han was around wouldn't he and Chewy be piloting the falcon (I know as other pointed out, technically Han is dead).

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I didn't say we are Han, just that we are piloting the Falcon and if Han was around, why isn't he in the cockpit? Easier just to not have him.

and yes Snow White did have the other characters from the movie, but it was originally in 1955 structured as if you are the main character, so you never see Snow White, she was only added in 1984. The idea is you are actively having an adventure rather than watching scenes of someone else having one. (and that is one of the issues of The Little Mermaid ride that you are just watching stuff happen).

Similarly in MFSR you are the main character, piloting the Falcon for Hondo. Again if Han was around wouldn't he and Chewy be piloting the falcon (I know as other pointed out, technically Han is dead).
He isn't with the Falcon because Disney decided to kill him and set this stupid land between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. Yet in Rise of Skeywalker the Falcon has the circle dish back and there are still only 4 seats in cockpitt and the guns are still not operated in the cockpitt so Disney can't get their own stuff right.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

He isn't with the Falcon because Disney decided to kill him and set this stupid land between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. Yet in Rise of Skeywalker the Falcon has the circle dish bavk amd there are still only 4 seats in cockpitt and the guns are still not operated in the cockpitt so Disney can't get their own stuff right.
In the Mario Kart ride there's going to be four seats in what are supposed to be one person go-karts, why can't they get it right?

Tom Morrow

That is not the same. They are making a ride off a video game. Galaxy's Edge is supposef to be thr one true Falcon during a specific point in time.
I suppose, but just like my ultimate Millennium Falcon fantasy is for it to be as real as possible, my ultimate Mario Kart fantasy would be only me in the kart. But I understand changes have to be made for it to be plausible from an operational standpoint.

Brer Oswald

Side note: I do agree that the amount of kinetic movement is very impressive and is something that is sorely missing from SWGE, but I don't think it alone is enough to say that this land is better. I still think it looks visually cluttered and physically cramped and well, to me, it's a lot more impressive to create a new world from the ground up and fill it with details that convey a sense of place than it is to copy and paste a bunch of pre-established props and setpieces into a space, Tetris-style. It looks like someone could design this land in Mario Maker if there was a version for Super Mario 3D World. Maybe that's the point, and it does that effectively, but I won't pretend that that is all that creative either.
Yeah...about that
1596214786879.jpeg

lebeau

He isn't with the Falcon because Disney decided to kill him and set this stupid land between The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. Yet in Rise of Skeywalker the Falcon has the circle dish back and there are still only 4 seats in cockpitt and the guns are still not operated in the cockpitt so Disney can't get their own stuff right.

In fairness to Disney, Harrsion Ford has been complaining for decades that George Lucas refused to kill him in Return of the Jedi. I am willing to bet being killed off in the first movie was at Ford's insistence. Disney probably would have loved to have gotten an entire trilogy out of Han.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom