The Red Button Option

Nubs70

I would say in the last month there has been significant effort made to determine who I am. I've seen private messages that seemed to be professionally developed in an effort to coax information out of me.
When I type in "WD" in my Google search bar, WDW Pro is the 3rd auto generated option.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
... pop out a dinning promotion or two...
That would be perfect! A "Free Dinning" offer giving everybody who books 3 or more nights at ANY resort "Free Dinning" for every day they stay there.

Then watch them get p****ed when they realize that "Free Dinning" means they can make as much noise as they want for no additional charge.

HauntedMansionFLA

Just my opinion.
I got here late, I noticed talk of selling the parks.. My heart says no, but that does sound like a short sighted thing The Walt Disney Company would do. Walt would be spinning in his grave!

The Walt Disney Company will do whatever it wants for whatever reason it wants whenever it wants. We are only spectators.
1915264D-49A7-4490-9F1D-CCBE081FC3B7.png

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It was also a different era online. About 6–8 years ago, there were deep concerns that fan forums would affect company reputations

And a few years before that, Disney were genuinely scary protective about that. On two occasions they sent security guards to follow me in the park one day as I was taking photos, and they knew who I was. And on one occasion, they reached out to me personally via a private email address I had back then, giving in an indirect cease & desist.

Last edited:

tirian

And a few years before that, Disney were genuinely scary protective about that On two occasions they sent security guards to follow me in the park one day as I was taking photos, and they knew who I was. And on one occasion, they reached out to me personally via a private email address I had back then, giving in an indirect cease & desist.
Someone once attempted to track me down with a scary DM: “I know who you are. You’re —— on Main Street Merch. Consider yourself reported.”

Meanwhile, I was sitting in a cube in Celebration.

I hope that poor person on MSUSA didn’t get in trouble.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And a few years before that, Disney were genuinely scary protective about that On two occasions they sent security guards to follow me in the park one day as I was taking photos, and they knew who I was. And on one occasion, they reached out to me personally via a private email address I had back then, giving in an indirect cease & desist.

Someone once attempted to track me down with a scary DM: “I know who you are. You’re —— on Main Street Merch. Consider yourself reported.”

Meanwhile, I was sitting in a cube in Celebration.

I hope that poor person on MSUSA didn’t get in trouble.
I know what you mean. One day as my family and I checked in at the Yatch Club, the guy at the door addressed us by name, welcoming us "home" with a very sinister tone in his voice... as if it would be our final resting place!

1596019765651.png

Ravenclaw78

I noticed. This is part of what has informed my own crackpot opinion. The funny thing is that you’re stuck in the middle- many members here don’t believe you‘re a true insider (IMHO, more to do with how you present things than with the information per se), while someone out there clearly believes you are an insider (and they are working to figure out how you might know what you might know).
This. Also the fact that, while he's got a decent track record regarding the parks, his info about the rest of the company is always laughably wrong. Nevertheless, his threads are generally amusing to watch and occasionally participate in. ;)

Ojo4

The death count in FL and across the country has done nothing but accelerate upwards for the past 2 weeks since this post, new case count declining but consistently at around 9-10k a day. So where do we stand with shutting down all/some of the parks again?

Also would imagine Trump banning TikTok would give even more urgency for war-gaming out the sale of the China parks and Iger stepping down as a result. @WDW Pro

WDW Pro

Original Poster
The death count in FL and across the country has done nothing but accelerate upwards for the past 2 weeks since this post, new case count declining but consistently at around 9-10k a day. So where do we stand with shutting down all/some of the parks again?

Also would imagine Trump banning TikTok would give even more urgency for war-gaming out the sale of the China parks and Iger stepping down as a result. @WDW Pro

If new cases continue to decline, WDW is certainly not closing. I don't see Tik Tok having a direct impact on selling the Chinese parks... I don't think that's in play unless vaccines are delayed, forcing a asset sales - OR - if there's a serious escalation in the cold war between the US and China.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom