Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Disneyhead'71

The question is, can they keep it all moving? Having this much animation is ambitious, but possibly also a maintenance nightmare.
I have been told that they specifically designed the mechanical figures with standard fittings and hardware to be easy to repair and parts available from standard hardware outlets. They can literally go to Lowe's and get the parts they need if necessary.

Tom Morrow

Alright, it's finally starting to look appealing to me. That's a lot of movement!

I assume they'll treat this like Potter - contractually obligated to keep it in good show. My concern is how will all of this look after a few years in the Florida sun. Volcano Bay's colorful slides are already looking faded and dirty, and it's only been three years. We also know Seuss Landing looks bad pretty quickly and requires constant re-painting, which it doesn't quite receive often enough.

That would seem likely since Nintendo is who said there would be no static characters.
Good. Universal has too many static figures/statues as focal points/photo ops.

tirian

I have been told that they specifically designed the mechanical figures with standard fittings and hardware to be easy to repair and parts available from standard hardware outlets. They can literally go to Lowe's and get the parts they need if necessary.
If you zoom into the photos, the mechanisms seem simple too, but of course I’m judging from an unofficial aerial pic. ;)

No Name

The mechanisms are so simple yet so effective. The coins and the shells, in particular, are absolutely spot on. Like everyone else here I‘m already really liking what I’m seeing. If the Mario Kart ride is fantastic, then this’ll be a huge success.

sedati

Spotted by Michael at the excellent ThemeParkX:

Still not at 100% but impressive nonetheless.
I had thought the coins looked too much like gold paint in the daylight, but in the nighttime footage they really shine like metal.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Spotted by Michael at the excellent ThemeParkX:

Still not at 100% but impressive nonetheless.
I had thought the coins looked too much like gold paint in the daylight, but in the nighttime footage they really shine like metal.

what are you talking about? they look just like the games, even in daylight.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The kinetic energy is amazing. It is like truly stepping into a mario game and seeing it brought to life. Oh and the Yoshi going around in circle is already a better AA than Hondo, because IT IS A CHARACTER I ACTUALLY KNOW AND LOVE!! GOT IT DISNEY?!!! SEE HOW THAT WORKS?!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom