The Red Button Option

Tom P.

You know how I judge if someone is an "insider" or not?

If someone spends time trying to convince people that they are an insider or that someone else is not, I pretty much discount them as a legitimate insider.

If someone simply posts occasional information that they have without making a big deal about it and without engaging in these "who is a credible insider" discussions, then I tend to think they really are an insider. @marni1971, for example.

That's all I'll say on the subject.

Stitch826

FWIW I don't think Disney will go broke either. I'm hardly an economist or insider, but Disney is too big to fail. It could sell off assets (I can think of a few it could do without) and help itself in the short term, and just sit tight for a while until a COVID vaccine is developed. Supposedly there's at least one that's showing real promise. On the other hand, I wonder if things will ever go back to normal completely, if people will ever again feel comfortable together packed in movie theaters and the like. Only time will tell...
I’m sure people were wondering if travel would ever go back to normal following 9/11. And it did. Life’s too short to live in fear.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m sure people were wondering if travel would ever go back to normal following 9/11. And it did. Life’s too short to live in fear.

On 9/13 Broadway shows reopened as rescue workers were still searching for survivors. So far broadway has been closed 4 months.

This is going to be a much more difficult recovery than 9/11. It’s not impossible, but difficult.

Stitch826

On 9/13 Broadway shows reopened as rescue workers were still searching for survivors. So far broadway has been closed 4 months.

This is going to be a much more difficult recovery than 9/11. It’s not impossible, but difficult.
Yes, it will be difficult, but I believe that as soon as Disney removes their mask requirement and restores normal park operations and park hopping, people will flock back to Disney. I believe that crowds are light now not so much due to fear, but due to the fact that Disney is giving guests fifty percent of the normal experience for one hundred percent of the normal cost.

Tom P.

Yes, it will be difficult, but I believe that as soon as Disney removes their mask requirement and restores normal park operations and park hopping, people will flock back to Disney. I believe that crowds are light now not so much due to fear, but due to the fact that Disney is giving guests fifty percent of the normal experience for one hundred percent of the normal cost.
Life is too short to live in irrational fear. Fear of travelling following 9/11 was irrational. The odds of anything happening to someone traveling were statistically zero.

But fear can also be healthy when it is based on accurate information and motivates proper behavior. Fear of contracting COVID-19 is not irrational. It is a very real threat. It is one that I firmly believe that we will eventually defeat with therapeutics and a vaccine. But until then, it is real and there is nothing irrational about being afraid of it and modifying one's behavior accordingly.

I disagree with your basic assessment. I believe that people are staying away from Walt Disney World because they have made the judgment that a vacation at a theme park is not worth the risk. And I don't think that's an irrational decision to make.

Sundown

As for Splash Mountain and other frivolous projects, the pendulum has begun to shift inside the company. More information to come at a later date. Power seems to be shifting from certain factions towards an "all hands on deck, save the financials" mode. It's about time.

Can't wait for more intel on this: "The pendulum has begun to shift inside the company" !

peter11435

No, it’s the virus. Fear of the virus itself and travel restrictions imposed because of the virus.

Sundown

NoBreyner60

i would sell the stakes in HKDL and SDL Regardless of what happens in the next couple months. China is a disaster waiting to happen. Further, their population pyramid is aging rapidly. There’s a ton of other problems. I’d get out ASAP.

I totally agree. Though I wonder how long until China just takes full ownership from Disney with no recompense.

Scubacat

The survey says......It's the mask requirement. When that goes away, if it ever does, then the attendance will improve. Not saying it would fill to ~90% occ like before but we would see a marked improvement.

Price is always a factor. If they offered a big enough discount, people would come. Maybe not full capacity but there would be more. The fact that there's no room discount other than APs is telling.

@WDW Pro I don't know who your "sources" are, but unfortunately they are wrong. Yes, there is a red button option, but it's not what you heard. To help recuperate our losses, soon we will begin selling red buttons in our parks that say "I ❤ BOB CHAPEK". We are aware that these will be in high demand so we are mass producing 100,000 of these.

$59.99 per button.

Does it say "That was easy!" when you press it? If so, I'll take 2.

tirian

@WDW Pro I don't know who your "sources" are, but unfortunately they are wrong. Yes, there is a red button option, but it's not what you heard. To help recuperate our losses, soon we will begin selling red buttons in our parks that say "I ❤ BOB CHAPEK". We are aware that these will be in high demand so we are mass producing 100,000 of these.

$59.99 per button.
I don’t know or care who you really are, but I’m glad you’re here.

Lilofan

thank God we are working on that...
Are we ready and willing to pay higher prices? Last I heard millions have lost their jobs and many businesses closed and some not expected to re-open. Those who need their meds that are in in a bad financial situation would be challenged to pay higher prices.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom