News Disney's Animal Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

Magic Feather

We only have 1 day planned for AK. Does anyone think it is possible to do everything twice in one day? We are huge park hoppers so we typically bounce from park to park so this is really new to us having to stay put!
Absolutely. You could easily do everything twice in a day. The only thing that really eats time up, according to friends, is doing a Lap out to Rafiki’s and doing the Animation Experience. The train runs at limited capacity (and usually is full by the time the train actually arrives in the station). Plus, there are no published showtimes for Animation except at the Planet Watch.

That said, I’d really recommend (and this goes for everyone), going later in the day. The Florida heat is in full force at the moment, and it will ware you out. It’s very rare for someone to be able to handle 10 full hours of it. Luckily, most people show up at the beginning of the day, so by the last few hours, everything is effectively a walk on.

disneygeek90

Absolutely. You could easily do everything twice in a day. The only thing that really eats time up, according to friends, is doing a Lap out to Rafiki’s and doing the Animation Experience. The train runs at limited capacity (and usually is full by the time the train actually arrives in the station). Plus, there are no published showtimes for Animation except at the Planet Watch.

That said, I’d really recommend (and this goes for everyone), going later in the day. The Florida heat is in full force at the moment, and it will ware you out. It’s very rare for someone to be able to handle 10 full hours of it. Luckily, most people show up at the beginning of the day, so by the last few hours, everything is effectively a walk on.
I could barely handle 4 hours at Universal yesterday. It was absolutely brutal. I have nothing to back it up, but it felt like the hottest day all year.

milordsloth

Quick report from a newcomer in the park right now. The day has been incredible so far! Walk on all rides ( very small wait for FoP and the river ride). The safety measures have been excellent and I have personally not seen a single example of non-compliance. Being my first time ever here, I have been blown away be the beauty of everything. Personal opinion, I thought expedition everest was more fun and thrilling than Flight of Passage. I'm waiting for my buddy who's dropping a deuce right now, still a few hours to go in the day! Next experience will be the safari. Also to mention, Im from California and after 2 days of parks so far I haven't had any issues with the disposable masks. I was very worried before arriving but it is honestly not much of an issue. We have been able to do the full day open to close, relatively comfortably.

Last edited:

Mainahman

Quick report from a newcomer in the park right now. The day has been incredible so far! Walk on all rides ( very small wait for FoP and the river ride). The safety measures have been excellent and I have personally not seen a single example of non-compliance. Being my first time ever here, I have been blown away be the beauty of everything. Personal opinion, I thought expedition everest was more fun and thrilling than Flight of Passage. I'm waiting for my buddy who's dropping a deuce right now, still a few hours to go in the day! Next experience will be the safari. Also to mention, Im from California and after 2 days of parks so far I haven't had any issues with the disposable masks. I was very worried before arriving but it is honestly not much of an issue. We have been able to do the full day open to close, relatively comfortably.
Thank you for the update, and have a Blast!! I still havent done FOP, so im a bit jealous!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1594665106394.png

milordsloth

End of day now, waiting currently for bus back to Pop century. Ended up riding everest another 3 times, FoP again but from the better middle level, and we explored around a ton. Full awesome day, with the masks and no complaints at all!

jinx8402

End of day now, waiting currently for bus back to Pop century. Ended up riding everest another 3 times, FoP again but from the better middle level, and we explored around a ton. Full awesome day, with the masks and no complaints at all!

How has the bus situation been in general? Did you go at park opening? Have to wait long for a bus?

milordsloth

How has the bus situation been in general? Did you go at park opening? Have to wait long for a bus?

At least at Pop, yesterday no one was in line for animal kingdom busses but today had a super long line so we decided to take an Uber. We took the bus back today and waited about 20min. We arrived at the park right at opening.

Edit to add: In general the busses have been fantastic. I have been surprised how many people they are able to fit distanced and have felt comfortable on every ride so far.

Last edited:

mickeymiss

At least at Pop, yesterday no one was in line for animal kingdom busses but today had a super long line so we decided to take an Uber. We took the bus back today and waited about 20min. We arrived at the park right at opening.

Edit to add: In general the busses have been fantastic. I have been surprised how many people they are able to fit distanced and have felt comfortable on every ride so far.

Glad you're having fun!! Have the crowds felt managable at the gates?

milordsloth

Glad you're having fun!! Have the crowds felt managable at the gates?

We have been having such a good time!

The gates in the morning have been great! All 3 days so far as soon as we got off the bus we were in the parks within minutes. We have actually been able to get in the parks a little before opening, which I assume is to keep crowds from building. However, the busses didn't start from the resort until about 40 minutes or so before park opening.

Edit to add: we have now done 2 days magic kingdom and 1 animal kingdom. Super excited for Hollywood Studios opening tomorrow!

Last edited:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
FOTLK is litterally the only show we ever do. It will sting, but hey more time to power ride Everest!
lol exactly! I was sooooo bummed when FOL was listed as initially opening but then it wasn't due to the Equity dispute. Sigh. Oh well. Will be even sweeter when it finally opens again though. It's the one stage show that's always a 'must do' for me. It's different than Beauty or Nemo, which aren't overly repeatable to me.

HUGE GRAIN OF SALT! We were in AK yesterday near closing time. There was a CM standing at the gate to FotLK and my wife asked them why they were standing there. The CM said that FotLK is on a day-to-day basis and that we should check back regularly to see if shows might be running. My wife then asked if there would be a chance for it to be running later this week or next week and while the CM would not commit to anything, she did say that there was a chance that 'something' would be running as a show there. So, not all hope is lost. I would expect that with the lack of an Equity contract agreement, I believe that the show could have all except the three main face characters (not sure about the bird??). Who knows, but wanted to let you know that there is at least a remote chance of hope.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
HUGE GRAIN OF SALT! We were in AK yesterday near closing time. There was a CM standing at the gate to FotLK and my wife asked them why they were standing there. The CM said that FotLK is on a day-to-day basis and that we should check back regularly to see if shows might be running. My wife then asked if there would be a chance for it to be running later this week or next week and while the CM would not commit to anything, she did say that there was a chance that 'something' would be running as a show there. So, not all hope is lost. I would expect that with the lack of an Equity contract agreement, I believe that the show could have all except the three main face characters (not sure about the bird??). Who knows, but wanted to let you know that there is at least a remote chance of hope.

Sounds like a B Mode without the Equity performers.

Sweet Thing

They cannot have the four singers, the four monkeys, the guy that spins fire, and the two bird performers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom