News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

ptaylor

Premium Member
The interesting thing is that some of the quoted so called "them park journalists" are among some of Celebration Place's chosen ones. Will be interesting to see how that works out for them.

And who the heck is Caryle anyway? What site/publication does she represent?

I've been in the parks 2 days during the reopening, and I think anyone who has been can easily see that Disney is doing a very good job at controlling things, and her dramatic tantrum video is not representative of the entire property.

oceanbreeze77

The interesting thing is that some of the quoted so called "them park journalists" are among some of Celebration Place's chosen ones. Will be interesting to see how that works out for them.

I've been in the parks 2 days during the reopening, and I think anyone who has been can easily see that Disney is doing a very good job at controlling things, and her dramatic tantrum video is not representative of the entire property.
Carlye is very well known in the dis community. And you may call it a temper tantrum, I call it putting herself first by taking herself out of an uncomfortable situation.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Carlye is very well known in the dis community. And you may call it a temper tantrum, I call it putting herself first by taking herself out of an uncomfortable situation.
You can take yourself out of an uncomfortable situation without being so dramatic and clearly looking for attention.

Any idea what publication or site she is part of? Are you referring to disboards?

DisneyDebRob

I think, whoever she is, I have no idea, is entitled to her opinion on how she felt. There’s numerous people saying it’s safe and Disney is doing everything they can. That’s great. But there are others with other viewpoints that they are expressing while being in the park. Both are legit and both have a right to say how they feel, what they have seen and how they think things are going. It gives families who are considering going more info on whether they want to or not.
Pictures, videos.. good and bad are what’s needed for informed decisions for families.
Was she dramatic? Sure. But I have seen the same thing from people saying it’s so safe and fawning over what Disney has done. I guess it depends on what side of the fence you are on.

Casper Gutman

Folks seem to be pointing out that things are going quite well with a few problem spots.

But that’s just the problem. From both a PR standpoint and a health standpoint, WDW has to nail everything, everywhere, all the time. The moments when they don’t are the moments that will go viral. They are also when the virus will go viral (it may spread even if things go perfectly, but it’s less risky, of course). Neither the media nor the pandemic gives many points for effort.

ptaylor

Premium Member
I think, whoever she is, I have no idea, is entitled to her opinion on how she felt. There’s numerous people saying it’s safe and Disney is doing everything they can. That’s great. But there are others with other viewpoints that they are expressing while being in the park. Both are legit and both have a right to say how they feel, what they have seen and how they think things are going. It gives families who are considering going more info on whether they want to or not.
Pictures, videos.. good and bad are what’s needed for informed decisions for families.
Yes of course, but it becomes a problem when posts like hers are regurgitated all over the web without showing the other side of things. Of course the clickbait world is looking for doom and gloom. I'm a fair critic of Disney in many instances, but Disney is doing a very good job this week.

Kman101

Cases started to rise in mid-June. It was quite clear what was going to happen to anyone who wasn’t willfully lying or deluding themselves - we had seen it again and again and again. Cases keep rising if no action is taken, then come hospitalizations, then negative outcomes. Even before that, it was fairly obvious that Florida had not taken steps to stop what we are seeing now. WDW (and Universal and SeaWorld) were not blindsided. They choose not to see and to charge ahead.

And it’s worth noting that Disney is not some powerless mom-and-pop store. They have immense power in Florida. Had they lobbied heavily for steps that might have made it safe to open, that would have had a huge impact. But there is no evidence they did this, and they certainly didn’t do it publicly, which would have increased the impact.

What’s interesting is that right now, for one of the very few times in our history, there is only one real agenda - control the virus. All the other agendas that seem to contradict this are really the same, people just won’t realize or admit this. Any outcome you want (unless you are Thanos) - political, economic, social, etc. - depends on that one agenda.

I do agree. I saw this coming with the rise in cases. I did. I knew opening earlier than we should have around Memorial Day was a massive mistake.

Kman101

Folks seem to be pointing out that things are going quite well with a few problem spots.

But that’s just the problem. From both a PR standpoint and a health standpoint, WDW has to nail everything, everywhere, all the time. The moments when they don’t are the moments that will go viral.

Exactly

Personally it sounds like Universal nailed it a tiny bit more in my eyes. It's not really a competition but I see some things they do I'd like to see implemented in WDW (and I know I haven't been there but I feel like I see plenty). I don't know if it's better to clean the vehicles or force sanitizer in everyone's hand?

DisneyDebRob

Yes of course, but it becomes a problem when posts like hers are regurgitated all over the web without showing the other side of things. Of course the clickbait world is looking for doom and gloom. I'm a fair critic of Disney in many instances, but Disney is doing a very good job this week.
For you, I’m glad it’s working out, enjoy!

oceanbreeze77

Also the press from today is not just a domestic problem. In a few hours people will be waking up in other parts of the world just reading about the bad tidbits from today.

I have said this for weeks, but Disney doesn't only have to worry about the virus itself, but that Disney has to worry about the optics of Disney opening during the pandemic. This is what we are seeing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom