If characters don't wear face masks...

Parker in NYC

My family and I were JUST talking about this last night. If the characters wear masks, it may incentivize the kids to do the same. Or big kids who may need a reminder. Or old kids who may need a kick in the rear.

And before someone cheeky comes in and points out that they are already wearing masks, here’s a cookie. I’ve been waiting.

Goofyernmost

The face characters, if there are any, will probably be wearing one anyway. The others represent animals for the most part that aren't part of life that are affected by the virus. They aren't human. Since most of them don't speak, it would be a small thing to add one if they wanted to do so.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...then this works toward ruining the illusion that they are "real".

Something that dawned on me today.

"Mom, how come Mickey doesn't have to wear a mask?"

This is super easy:

That's because Mickey already got the virus and now is immune. It was touch and go for a while. Minnie found him passed out and blue. They rushed Mickey to the hospital but there were no more ICUs available, so, he was rushed to make-shift ICU beds they set up in the abandoned ice hockey arena. He was on a ventilator for 17 days. He then pulled through. But his lungs are terribly scarred and he has trouble still breathing and gets quickly winded. That's why you only see him out for five to ten minutes at a time. Also, his larynx was severely scarred, and that's why he doesn't speak.
Any other questions, honey?

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

This is super easy:

That's because Mickey already got the virus and now is immune. It was touch and go for a while. Minnie found him passed out and blue. They rushed Mickey to the hospital but there were no more ICUs available, so, he was rushed to a make-shift ICU beds they set up in the abandoned ice hockey arena. He was on a ventilator for 17 days. He then pulled through. But his lungs are terribly scarred and he has trouble still breathing and gets quickly winded. That's why you only see him out for five to ten minutes at a time. Also, his larynx was severely scarred, and that's why he doesn't speak.
Now if we can just explain why Donald doesn't wear any pants.

champdisney

This is super easy:

That's because Mickey already got the virus and now is immune. It was touch and go for a while. Minnie found him passed out and blue. They rushed Mickey to the hospital but there were no more ICUs available, so, he was rushed to make-shift ICU beds they set up in the abandoned ice hockey arena. He was on a ventilator for 17 days. He then pulled through. But his lungs are terribly scarred and he has trouble still breathing and gets quickly winded. That's why you only see him out for five to ten minutes at a time. Also, his larynx was severely scarred, and that's why he doesn't speak.
Who the hell is going to tell this to their child?

celluloid

The face characters, if there are any, will probably be wearing one anyway. The others represent animals for the most part that aren't part of life that are affected by the virus. They aren't human. Since most of them don't speak, it would be a small thing to add one if they wanted to do so.

There are already as seen in calvacade and they do not.

Herdman

The cast member previews that I saw did not include any face characters in masks that I saw. They were riding on vehicles around the parks.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

My family and I were JUST talking about this last night. If the characters wear masks, it may incentivize the kids to do the same. Or big kids who may need a reminder. Or old kids who may need a kick in the rear.

And before someone cheeky comes in and points out that they are already wearing masks, here’s a cookie. I’ve been waiting.
But they are already wearing helmets.

Giss Neric

If parents/adults don't take wearing masks and social distancing seriously, then it will definitely influence their kids.

Big kids will either be stubborn or not. They don't need visual reminders from characters. They can read all the signs at the park, they just choose to ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
None of the face characters wear masks.

crawale

This is super easy:

Instead of scaring children why not: Mickey was tested for anti bodies. He had the virus with no symptoms and is now immune.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
So true.
Plus it confuses me that if all CM's and guests must wear face masks (regardless of if they are socially distanced other than in relaxation zones/eating) then why are the performers in particular not required? Like in the little one float parades they are having the dancers don't wear them and the marching band obviously doesn't even though they are legit blowing their their spit particles everywhere.
Don't get me wrong I'm not personally upset but its just annoying that rules can be essentially just made up based on convenience.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
To anyone saying just tell the child the character already had the virus and is now immune that doesn't fly.
What if that kid already had the virus? Then they will ask why they have to wear it.
Experts said to talk to your kids about the pandemic with facts so now they have the facts and will use them against their parents in situations like this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To anyone saying just tell the child the character already had the virus and is now immune that doesn't fly.
What if that kid already had the virus? Then they will ask why they have to wear it.
Experts said to talk to your kids about the pandemic with facts so now they have the facts and will use them against their parents in situations like this.

Yeah! That 'anyone who does that' shouldn't do it!!!!!

JIMINYCR

Dr Facilier worked his Voodoo and poof.. no more Carona virus.

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom