Any word on the scanning machine for bag check

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This almost sounds worse and could possibly be slower, ugh.

I had the slow thought too. Wonder if accurate what they will have the metal
Detector set at?

At the studios they had us holding our cell phones over our heads. Bags over heads?

Dumping contents of bag on what? Something sanitary I’d hope. Touch your bag twice. New gloves?

note2001

The only metal things I bring with me are my phone, inhaler and sometimes a camera.
I don't mind popping my phone or camera down in a bin, but will not be placing that inhaler down on any surface unless I have it bagged such as going though airport security.

Hoping I can just keep it in my pocket as I have done for years past.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

At security checkpoints, Disney’s Animal Kingdom is testing new technology where you leave everything in your bag. At Magic Kingdom, guests place their electronic and metal items in clear plastic bags.

tare

Original Poster
At security checkpoints, Disney’s Animal Kingdom is testing new technology where you leave everything in your bag. At Magic Kingdom, guests place their electronic and metal items in clear plastic bags.
new plastic bags each time would think. If not that is still gross and risky.

tare

Original Poster
I had the slow thought too. Wonder if accurate what they will have the metal
Detector set at?

At the studios they had us holding our cell phones over our heads. Bags over heads?

Dumping contents of bag on what? Something sanitary I’d hope. Touch your bag twice. New gloves?
Touching your bag should require new gloves for every person or new gloves for each new party.

PG 134

As stated in other posts, a few Evolv machines are placed at various locations around property for testing before Disney determines whether to spend the money to replace the older machines completely. Evolv machines should be a lot quicker after staff get more experience with the routine. Older machines are still in use with a modified procedure when Evolv is not present. IF converted to Evolv, less Evolv machines would be needed than the older machines as a higher rate of people can proceed through Evolv. The idea is for the Cast Members to not touch Guests' items as much as possible. That is what the clear bags are for and Guests being required to empty non-clear bags themselves if it alerts the machines. As a minor additional benefit to the company, it prevents Cast Members from possibly damaging Guests' property as the Guests handle the property.

note2001

What do the numbers on the ground mean? It seems they're all 2s with an occasional 1.
1594237332431.png

TrainsOfDisney

If the new machines work well, there shouldn’t be any need for bag / no bag lines, lines for strollers etc. correct? Everyone passes single file through the scanner, and if there is an alert they go to the side for further screening?

That seems like an ideal situation. When riding Brightline trains in Florida, they have posts that you walk through, it’s all open and it doesn’t even feel like you are going through security- that’s what I hope would be the solution.

I’m not sure what the posts do... if they check for everything these scanners do or or not but I liked that experience very much.

Obobru

These Evolve scanners seem to be used at a lot of schools in the US from what I see online, if schools can get them surely a company the size of Disney can afford them.

What a sad place where kids have to be scanned entering school, I am sure the kids know more about them than adults.

seascape

These Evolve scanners seem to be used at a lot of schools in the US from what I see online, if schools can get them surely a company the size of Disney can afford them.

What a sad place where kids have to be scanned entering school, I am sure the kids know more about them than adults.
The Evolve system works extremely well at Six Flags Great Adventure. In fact it made the old WDW system look pathetically slow.

MouseRocker

Anyone hear any news on the scanning machines at bag check besides Disney springs? With all the precautions I can’t imagine they would still be touching your personal items. I would definitely ask them to change gloves before touching my items since they just touched a thousand other peoples.
No checks at the Springs, Epcot has the best and most current technology, they tell you to remove certain metals or spray cans and you walk through the metal detector. Animal kingdom and the Magic Kingdom are all dialing it in on the metals. They never touch your bag, they use a metal pointer.

note2001

No checks at the Springs, Epcot has the best and most current technology, they tell you to remove certain metals or spray cans and you walk through the metal detector. Animal kingdom and the Magic Kingdom are all dialing it in on the metals. They never touch your bag, they use a metal pointer.
Interesting. I take it phones, cameras and inhalers would need to be pulled aside. Best to just have them ziplocked and ready before getting to the scanners. What's the sensitivity? Obviously the scanners aren't going off on clothing zippers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom