Pre-Trip Trying to find my way home (DVC reference)

My family had planned a trip since our last trip at Christmas. We were supposed to be there now. Then COVID-19 happened I dubbed it "The Dark Ages." We of course waited to see what happened with the virus and the re-opening. The State of Florida however still had their 14 day self quarantine rule in effect and being from New York, I knew this wouldn't work out well.
So Disney made their staged plan to re-open. Of course it was after we would be leaving. We then planned a trip for Thanksgiving. We decided that it also may be in jeopardy if there was a spike in cases.....turns out it did.
Now we are on for New Years.....crossed fingers.

Hope everyone stays safe and can make it back home!

RememberWhen

I feel ya. We were supposed to be arriving tomorrow. Now planned for Christmas. Assuming they eventually let us upgrade our gold passes...
Crazy world.

macefamily

I'll be there this time next week. Wed (Magic Kingdom), Thurs (Hollywood St.), and Fri (Epcot). We're wondering how the Food
and Wine Festival will be affected at Epcot given the circumstances. Dinner reservations at Art Smith's Homecomin' and Mama Melrose's.
I'll take lots of pics for our trip report. Going to be a weird visit.

yfd326

Original Poster
I'll be there this time next week. Wed (Magic Kingdom), Thurs (Hollywood St.), and Fri (Epcot). We're wondering how the Food
and Wine Festival will be affected at Epcot given the circumstances. Dinner reservations at Art Smith's Homecomin' and Mama Melrose's.
I'll take lots of pics for our trip report. Going to be a weird visit.
So jealous! Have a great time!

macefamily

Hang in there. We'll all be back soon. I wish I had recorded all of our visits to Disney like you have in your tag. We're pretty much on the same scale. Our first visit as a family was in '97, and to my recollection we have been there around 38 times. We had a good four month run back in 2016 when our daughter was in the Disney College Program and she had free tickets and discounts. In four months we were down there six times ! Of course, all visits are scheduled around cheap airfare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom